mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 10-24-2009, 09:54 PM   #11 (permalink)

anyone else think that their use may be better if not thrown, but used as a trap? or they could put it in like a foam frisbee and you could gently toss it into a room at about knee height?
adjust the entire device and make a one time use shotgun or something?

if you could make the whole thing like a ball, with barrels pointing in each direction, and add some suction cups, like those suction cup ball toys, you would have a sick sticky nade, if it used plastic or something that could withstand the pressue but stay light it would be safe enough to gently throw

eh, or put it under your hat, pretend you have no guns let then surround you, then pull off your hat and bam everyone around you is dead.

its just a matter of taking the existing products, adusting them to fit a new scenario/purpose, and applying the new ideas to something of actual use.
a_sock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 10:07 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_sock View Post
they could put it in like a foam frisbee and you could gently toss it into a room at about knee height?
That might actually be doable. I think I would try a rubber type one. Not sure if it would be best as 2 half spheres (rubber) on a (rubber) frisbee that launch balls on impact (with an 8g or 12g cartridge as power) or a rubber frisbee with a bladder type grenade that sprays the paint out a nozzle as it flies (might be hard to throw without getting hit, but the area this would cover...).
sunshaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 06:38 PM   #13 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabetic11 View Post
What if the guy/girl throws it and it hit you right in the mask?
Thats not what I'm worried about- think about if the trigger end hit you square in the chest and you've got a ball being fired straight up from your chest toward the underside of your mask @ 260 fps a foot away...

I think its a cool idea, but there's just too much potential for misuse and abuse.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 07:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
that escalated quickly

Sadly enough, I bought one of these last year. I threw it into forts/bunkers and was not very impressed. Never hit anyone with it, perhaps it was just bad luck or my bad aim?

"The Miss Universe pageant is fixed. All the winners are from Earth." [Woody Paige]

MCB Feedback
magnificent7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 07:55 PM   #15 (permalink)
VCP

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnificent7 View Post
Sadly enough, I bought one of these last year. I threw it into forts/bunkers and was not very impressed. Never hit anyone with it, perhaps it was just bad luck or my bad aim?
Don't blame yourself... these thing just don't work...
secretweaponevan ~ "That wasn't in the instructions. Don't try to outsmart physics. Read and follow the instructions."
secretweaponevan ~ "You did great with following the instructions. Just so you know, that puts you in the top 1%."
Notch ~ "* Hoes now produce proper seeds"
ApoC_101 ~ "I don't always use freak inserts, but when I do, I use Ty McNeer brass inserts"

If you are having MCB Minecraft Server issues click HERE ~ ~ ~ Get DropBox and an Extra 250MB
Looper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:29 PM   #16 (permalink)

[QUOTE=a_sock;1026044]anyone else think that their use may be better if not thrown, but used as a trap? or they could put it in like a foam frisbee and you could gently toss it into a room at about knee height?

OR you could just use a normal paint grenade...

Would anyone like to donate to the telecaster fund?
Diabetic11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:39 AM   #17 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to tesguy

im about 90% sure those things are calibrated to shoot the paintballs at direct ballsack-height.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta2maki View Post
I'm ready to get turned into a zombie. Really, it's not that bad. Except for a few non-zombies trying to blow your head off.

When that day comes, I'm duck taping a helmet on my head and a couple machetes on my arms. I'll be one badass zombie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickfactor2 View Post
Getting groups of paintball players to follow even simple ideas is like herding cats.
tesguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:46 AM   #18 (permalink)
Bigger Balls

What about the 20 shot version? Anyone tried that one?

I'm tempted to get one for the sole purpose of hanging it from the top of a bunker whenever the enemy team is about to overthrow our defenses in a scenario game... and ask the ref to collect it for me.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:44 AM   #19 (permalink)
MCB Member

I had a group of guys stand in a circle and i dropped it in the center. all the balls missed. its cool but like so many grenade systems, its not likely to do much.
one year I set up a bunch of landmines at my local field(with permission). I had to go around after the game and take back the mines from players who decided to pocket them after they went off. I can see the same happening with those grenades.
capitalpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 11:55 AM   #20 (permalink)
JKR
AKA: Wraith

I tossed on of the small ones a few times and it only went off about half the time. Unless you are on hard ground, prepare to be disappointed. Grass and leaves breaking the impact means it won't fire. Plus, when it did fire, it didn't do crap. I let someone throw it at me and it fired - I think one ball bounced off my leg.

Useless crap if you ask me. Just a great potential for head trauma.

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

Feedback
JKR is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone