mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 11-02-2009, 04:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

I like actionvillage(shipping ground gets to me the next day) and punisherspb.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:05 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
I had a terrible experience with First Call Paintball. I ordered 2 i4 lenses from them- one clear lense for a thermal vision project, one HD lense for everyday play.

I ordered them about 3 weeks before the biggest game in Colorado- plenty of time for them to get here and for me to work on the thermal vision.

2 weeks out. I email them. Have you sent my stuff yet? I'm really excited to get it!

No response.

1 week out. Have you sent my stuff yet? I need it! I requested their phone number and personal information through ebay. That request gets sent to them, which usually results in:

4 days out. Response: There's some trouble getting the HD lense. We can rush you the clear one, but we won't be able to get you the HD.

Well... 4 days out is way too late to get the thermal vision together, and I was already pressed for time getting a flamethrower together.

Ok. So they tried. But it was definitely a case of too little/too late. In the past, I had done numerous transactions over ebay with First Call. Their selection is usually really good.

Meanwhile. Ebay's TOA policy states that you must have an item "in your hands" in order to list it. First Call violated that in this instance. They had 2 good weeks to contact me to tell me that they were having a problem. If they had gotten back to me ANY sooner than *just before the big game, I could've ordered the HD lense from someone else. A pristine condition HD lense is absolutely paramount to my success on the field. I ended up leaving negative feedback through ebay. I rarely, rarely do that.

At the big game, I did end up winning the "sportsmanship award." But I am indefinitely holding First Call Paintball 100% responsible for my failure to take the MVP trophy.

Screw those guys!
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 05:10 PM   #13 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha434 View Post
Meanwhile. Ebay's TOA policy states that you must have an item "in your hands" in order to list it. First Call violated that in this instance...
Zephyr Paintball does the same thing, I had problems with 2 different orders because of them listing things not in stock. I'll never deal with them again.

Action village is good. They ship super fast, I've also had good luck with paintball gateway. iisports isn't bad either but their shipping is still on the high side even after they "lowered" their shipping rates. ii also won't combine shipping on multiple items.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 05:17 PM   #14 (permalink)

i like ans gear.
cheap prices and no problems yet:
Paintball - Cheap Paintball Guns, Gear and Paintball Equipment
soccerdude123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:52 AM   #15 (permalink)
Milsim/Scenario/Woodsball

Paintball Guns. Low Priced Paintball Guns has low prices, great customer service, and a minimum purchase of $75.00 gets you free shipping (much less than other online stores).
Old 11-04-2009, 09:03 AM   #16 (permalink)
Keep Calm & Kick ***

Kilt Fan
I just shop from my local stores, their prices are on par with anything on-line, if they don't have they can get it and I don't have to deal with stocking issues or shipping.
Keep Calm & Kick A**
Steed is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone