mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 10-28-2009, 05:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
Disposable Assassin

Send a message via MSN to Harbinger[TG]

Fan of EMR
I want a see-through gun.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:55 PM   #12 (permalink)
the proper use of .50cal

You need only ask
Old 10-29-2009, 07:56 AM   #13 (permalink)

why would it be less efficient? your 12gram is placer vertical, zo no liquid can get in, and the path to the valve is very short?
taz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:54 AM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogged_Gurl View Post
in handle tends to be less efficient and for a lot of people more ackward when changing 12g's. in the 2 big explosions of stock play (early and late 90's) most people settled on back bottle buckets being the ideal set up for speed,and performance,you will see a bunch of in handle carter ducks and box guns converted from that era to BB.

you can still get in handle set ups,slam and knob from both carter and mongo
for a price.

im with you though id like to see an available option for them
Quote:
Originally Posted by taz22 View Post
why would it be less efficient? your 12gram is placer vertical, zo no liquid can get in, and the path to the valve is very short?
There's a thread about this around here somewhere, from what I remember the thinking was that it had something to do with either the closeness of the "inlet" to the cupseal allowing excess gas to be used, or that there was a minimal amount of expansion that was most efficient and having less than that was detrimental. That's my memory of it, but there's a good chance I'm remembering wrong.

Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=12439
Dave Cameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:06 AM   #15 (permalink)
Paintballs Drunk Uncle

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
I do remember the talk about the efficiency of in grip air, I don't remember the outcome of that, but it's not like its a bad system.
Since this thread started with boobs what are we supposed to derail it with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drum View Post
Someone ban that painthappy dude
Stock class = 12grams and a stick feed. End discussion.
Greenmtnphantom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:34 AM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

Yeah, if I remember right we were talking about a reported 1-3 shot difference between in-grip and bb bucket changers. I have always maintained that the small differences in efficiency seen in the different setups is irrelevant compared to the ease and familiarity that the operator has with his particular setup. Efficiency is nice, but ergonomics and user familiarity are more important considerations.

Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=12439
Dave Cameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:49 AM   #17 (permalink)
Paintballs Drunk Uncle

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
With "cool factor" a close third
Since this thread started with boobs what are we supposed to derail it with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drum View Post
Someone ban that painthappy dude
Stock class = 12grams and a stick feed. End discussion.
Greenmtnphantom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 02:27 PM   #18 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmtnphantom View Post
I do remember the talk about the efficiency of in grip air, I don't remember the outcome of that, but it's not like its a bad system.
I think I came close to getting a good diffuser working, but the only thing I had that worked was aluminum from a pop can, and it never seemed to last through a full day of play. I think increasing the volume in the valve chamber is also necessary. It's supposed to be common knowledge that reduced volume means more shots, but I think too little volume is even more of a problem due to the liquid loss at the start of the cartridge.

I believe someone here has a redux that had the valve chamber opened up, with better efficiency as a result.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 04:18 PM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Cameron View Post
There's a thread about this around here somewhere, from what I remember the thinking was that it had something to do with either the closeness of the "inlet" to the cupseal allowing excess gas to be used, or that there was a minimal amount of expansion that was most efficient and having less than that was detrimental. That's my memory of it, but there's a good chance I'm remembering wrong.
your right on and as russ said there is a sweetspot for valve chamber volume size in the mix.

i agree with the ergo issue aswell and as i said one of the main reasons in handle is not popular is most stock players find it much faster and easyer to change a external bucket.

i do think the numbers play a part though at a certain level, if im losing half a tube of good shots due to my set up,im inclined to change and adapt to a better system within the rules of SC
Gogged_Gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 04:45 PM   #20 (permalink)
drg
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmtnphantom View Post
there were lots of really cool things you could do to make it just as quick as bucket changers (My opinion I have no facts to back it up)
There really aren't, or maybe more specifically it can't really be made as easy to unscrew as a bucket changer due to simple differences in design. A bucket changer can be grasped with the entire hand, which in turn allows more screwing/unscrewing force to be placed on it more ergonomically compared to any knob short of one the length and size of a bucket changer. This in turn allows the ultimate ease of operation given the coarsest legal threading; coarsely threaded plugs can be difficult to remove or even get partly stuck, making changing difficult or slowing it down.

Other issues:Bucket changers can be changed while still holding the gun up ... though this may not be a huge advantage. Slam changers and the above rendering are not stock legal.
drg is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone