mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 10-29-2009, 12:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
Keep Calm & Kick ***

Kilt Fan
I think we're still drinking too much of Italia's Cool-Aid... First how much industry support is really out there? The only companies to actually fully support the movement is SP and GI. I haven't actually seen product or a press release from Dye saying they support it, PE simply made a kit if players wanted it so they wouldn't lose ground, Kingman is doing it on their own, but it's Kingman, they already support .43. BL has shown interest and afew other companies are making kits to sell. So far the only company to actually come on board and say this is the next best thing is SP and GI. Aside from that every other company is either just making more crap to sell or has completely blown it off. If the industry supported it the industry leaders would be pushing it too, that's KEE and Tippmann as well as ProCaps, they are by far the majority of the market, Dye, PE and afew others have considerably less market share and even then it's only in the more competitive realm. So far this idea that the "Industry" is supporting doesn't hold much ground cause the only people toting it are the ones telling us it's the next best thing.
Keep Calm & Kick A**
Steed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 12:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
GWC Lifetime Member

Quote:
its a risk taken by a business before consulting marketing to find out if it even has a market
I think youve only got that half right. It seems that "marketing" anymore belives that they can sell anything to anyone, they dont tend to understand the concept of if there is a mraket for somthing or not.
Al Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 12:59 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steed View Post
I think we're still drinking too much of Italia's Cool-Aid... First how much industry support is really out there? The only companies to actually fully support the movement is SP and GI. I haven't actually seen product or a press release from Dye saying they support it, PE simply made a kit if players wanted it so they wouldn't lose ground, Kingman is doing it on their own, but it's Kingman, they already support .43. BL has shown interest and afew other companies are making kits to sell. So far the only company to actually come on board and say this is the next best thing is SP and GI. Aside from that every other company is either just making more crap to sell or has completely blown it off. If the industry supported it the industry leaders would be pushing it too, that's KEE and Tippmann as well as ProCaps, they are by far the majority of the market, Dye, PE and afew others have considerably less market share and even then it's only in the more competitive realm. So far this idea that the "Industry" is supporting doesn't hold much ground cause the only people toting it are the ones telling us it's the next best thing.
Agreed, but GI is actually Smart Parts, so it's actually only one company pushing this.

And if Kingman wants to make .50 cal markers, I say let them. If that's what it takes to get newer players involved, let them buy their 40 dollar Spyder at Wal-Mart and cheap paint. But to try to turn the entire industry like Smart Parts is, is nothing but another way for them to try to corner the market.

When I found out GI was basically just a branch of Smart Parts, it didn't surprise me at all. Let's all give a hand to Smart Parts for trying to destroy the industry... again...
pacostacos88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 01:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

It was Obama.

He kept on saying CHANGE.

Now we have "Paintball 2.0"

Next time, vote Independant.
THE-SHOOTIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 02:08 PM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacostacos88 View Post
Agreed, but GI is actually Smart Parts, so it's actually only one company pushing this.
The Gardner brothers (who own Smart Parts), are also part owners of GI Milsim. How much of GI Milsim they own, I don't think is public knowledge. I bet Italia owns at least half if not more.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 02:22 PM   #16 (permalink)

Maybe somewhere SP has a hiden patent on .50 caliber paint. LoL.
Rincewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 02:31 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Well. Keep this in mind.

.50 is a "novelty". And what you need to prove to GET a patent is "novelty". What mmakes this idea novel?

SP: Well. Here's a DM. But it's for .50. That's novel. Here's an Ego for .50. It's not a crappy kit. It's a real Ego for .50. Totally novel. Here's a VM50. A Droid that works only with .50. A Viking for .50. Yep. Totally novel. Let's round up the patents, and then start suiting the companies that make the 68 versions, because just having a LARGER caliber shouldn't make their patents valid. Where's the novelty?
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:27 PM   #18 (permalink)
depot damager

I hope SP goes out of business. I think the entire Paintball community should look at these crackheads and ask what they are thinking. I think they're doing it because there isn't a gun with the words "Smart Parts" on it thats holding it's value.

Keep playing with your .68. And if I have to I'll buy the molds and machines and make the .68 paint for the die hards myself.
anomoly40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:53 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha434 View Post
Well. Keep this in mind.

.50 is a "novelty". And what you need to prove to GET a patent is "novelty". What mmakes this idea novel?

SP: Well. Here's a DM. But it's for .50. That's novel. Here's an Ego for .50. It's not a crappy kit. It's a real Ego for .50. Totally novel. Here's a VM50. A Droid that works only with .50. A Viking for .50. Yep. Totally novel. Let's round up the patents, and then start suiting the companies that make the 68 versions, because just having a LARGER caliber shouldn't make their patents valid. Where's the novelty?
Looks up definition of novel...
pacostacos88 is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone