mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 10-30-2009, 09:48 PM   #41 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Show me! :P They have a tank of their own but I'd be surprised if they were making their own carbon wrapped cylinders that is a pretty huge deal. Prolly getting them from some chinese MFG.
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:58 PM   #42 (permalink)
MCB Baghead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
Show me! :P They have a tank of their own but I'd be surprised if they were making their own carbon wrapped cylinders that is a pretty huge deal. Prolly getting them from some chinese MFG.

Straight from their website.
philosophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 10:09 PM   #43 (permalink)
JKR
AKA: Wraith

Quote:
You can't tell where it's being made necessarily, but they have a video clip on Action Village of a Crossfire tank being wrapped. The last part shows some machinery with writing in English...for what it's worth. Just go to the HPA section and then click on the Crossfire tanks and there is a video on the individual pages for each tank.

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

Feedback
JKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:20 PM   #44 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Awesome thanks for the info guys I will do some digging for the sake of curiosity. Maybe that allowed them to actually bring their costs down because last time I checked paintballgear they were one of if not the cheapest tank there.

Cool.
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 11:44 AM   #45 (permalink)

I'm gonna go against the grain here, I love CP tanks/regs. Never let me down yet.

I have a GA myth reg on my 22ci tank and it has a very slow leak. Like over night the tank will go empty, but I can never find the leak.

Quote:
I don't fully trust any of the current tanks. Nothing even coming close to air americas level of quality.
I thought GA was, for the most part, the same people that used to be Air America. Could be bull****, but I heard or read that somewhere a while back.
ryn_droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:44 AM   #46 (permalink)
Merc

Send a message via AIM to JOESPUD27

Danny of GA is the same person that was behind Air America.

Jay

Best Field in STL
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:16 AM   #47 (permalink)
Needs new knees

Keep in mind that most reg manufacturers do not actually make their products. Most send their designs to another machine shop to make the parts, then the manufacterer assembles them. I would be surprised if anyone actually manufactures their own tank. The liability insurance and dot regulations are cost prohibitive to anyone who doesnt make pallets and pallets of tanks. Most companys have a deal with a tank manufacturer, to custom wrap tanks for them, and not show the name of the actual manufacturer saying . Not saying it isnt possible, but unlikely.
Shane-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:08 PM   #48 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Non Myth GA seems to be good but here recently I really like the Ninja. The performance is on par with most screw in regs, rebuildable and dependable so far. To be honest I think I like my iregs a bit more but those aren't produced anymore.
Azreal is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone