mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 11-03-2009, 11:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

RTP Fan
First strike rounds at you local field?

Has anyone actually used or tried to use first strike rounds at their local field? Any problems with getting approval using them?
ironchef97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
post deleting ghost attak

CCM Fan
Most games I've played at allow them, some even say it in the PBN game thread, West Point and Black Market Wars were the two I remember from recent.
duff muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:07 AM   #3 (permalink)

what about skirmish usa?
infamoussmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
Master Metal Whittler

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
we had a tube worth to test out at my field. in testing i asked a friend to go stand down range and let me know how it felt. (about 55 yards) after how hard i heard that hit his goggles from that far away and after reading what people have had to say about them, i will personally make sure my field never allows them.

FEEDBACK
Rednecksniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:10 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironchef97 View Post
Has anyone actually used or tried to use first strike rounds at their local field? Any problems with getting approval using them?
No. But there is a BYOP ($25 for unlimited BYOP) field near me and once when I was playing there I think I was shot at with, but not hit, by the FC rounds (I ducked back into cover and something went past me very fast and buzzing/humming, which is apparently what FS rounds sound like when they go past you). That field though has some issues.
sunshaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rednecksniper View Post
we had a tube worth to test out at my field. in testing i asked a friend to go stand down range and let me know how it felt. (about 55 yards) after how hard i heard that hit his goggles from that far away and after reading what people have had to say about them, i will personally make sure my field never allows them.
Why not?
Sure one single round may hurt a bit more, although it's still perfectly safe and within all limits, but at least with FS rounds no one is going to be shooting them in any significant amount.
Would you rather be hit with a single round that hurts a little more or have a whole rope thrown at you by someone trying to accomplish the same thing with allot more paint?

Just because they are not as crappy at holding their velocity as regular paintballs is not a very good argument for not using them, and particularly not for going against them with a vendetta like you are.
Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rednecksniper View Post
sure shot good. but I didn't like the results. that and how long they take to break down. no go there.
i_luv_strats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:29 AM   #8 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

We've used them, no problems, no complaints.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:41 AM   #9 (permalink)
ex-cyborg

Send a message via Yahoo to melkson

Brass N Wood Fan
our field allows them, and i've been shot at with them (but you MISSED ME Hooligan)
melkson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:44 AM   #10 (permalink)
Master Metal Whittler

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
im not arguing against performance by any means. they shoot great. but our field tends to a lot of younger kids, and if a kid caught one of these in the throat or forehead i think that would end his day at the least.

maybe when they are able to make a better shell that is biodegradable gelatin rather than that photodegradeable styrene plastic i will be more inclined to like them.

FEEDBACK
Rednecksniper is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone