mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 10:26 AM   #51 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meph View Post
Yea, but anything not LVL10 is a blender. Period.

And good luck getting a guy who probably won't know how to maintain a Tippmann an Automag and see how well he can maintain that. Oh there's only 7000 orings in the on/off assembly alone, have fun with that. Be sure you get them in the right order.

Mag = Worst Choice Possible.
I disagree. I have never had trouble with my mags chopping any more than any other mechanical gun without an antichop system. The on/off... 700 orings and a diagram 1/4 inch away showing exactly how they go in. My 9 year old can handle that.
Since this thread started with boobs what are we supposed to derail it with?
Stock class = 12grams and a stick feed. End discussion.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:31 AM   #52 (permalink)
Trololol

Send a message via AIM to Meph

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmtnphantom View Post
My 9 year old can handle that.
If I have the tools I can build anything with my hands. You give the tools to my brother and he'll hurt himself. Not everybody is mechanically inclined. Some people are smart in other ways. Some people know science and math, some know technology and electronics, some know chemistry. But in all most are silly and can't figure out ****, they hold those other people back in school.

So just because I can reassemble an automag or DM blindfolded doesn't mean I assume everybody else can. Some people just see a pile of Orings and get lost.

But either way non-LVL10 mags are still blenders.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:34 AM   #53 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meph View Post
But either way non-LVL10 mags are still blenders.
I've heard that from a lot of people, I just have never experienced a problem, maybe I just shoot to slow.
Since this thread started with boobs what are we supposed to derail it with?
Stock class = 12grams and a stick feed. End discussion.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:54 AM   #54 (permalink)
Woodsball Connoisseur

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
my vote is Smiley 98 assault rifle. I'd get one but a house is first on the list.
Xbox live: Grendal50
Old 11-12-2009, 11:59 AM   #55 (permalink)
Owld Skewl

Smiley, can post a link to some of your 98s? I'm curious what you do to them.

I'm glad to see a co2-centric thread. I shoot only co2 (HPA not easily available) and have a 98 and a Blazer (and a phantom), and just got an automag to try.

Does anyone have a favorite setup for a mag on co2? Stabilizer? Expansion chamber? Big goofy loops of hose? Nothing?

And to keep this on-topic - does "high rate of fire" mean full auto, or "as fast as you can pull the single trigger". If the latter, a stock tippmann 98 or BT would probably be just fine. And since this is a training tool, a semi-auto is probably more appropriate than a response trigger since actual guns don't have them.

And another plug for the Blazer - Use a stabilizer, and get it factory serviced/timed and then never touch anything but the velocity adjuster. It shouldn't need any maintenance for quite a while, so who cares how hard it is to work on yourself.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:35 PM   #56 (permalink)
Marathoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmtnphantom View Post
I've heard that from a lot of people, I just have never experienced a problem, maybe I just shoot to slow.
More than likely, yours has the new parabolic powerfeed plug. The old "flat spot" powerfeed plug turns mags into blenders. That and direct feeds tend to blend too.

The parabolic powerfeed plug is vastly underrated.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:43 PM   #57 (permalink)
Ghost with the most

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Power Send a message via MSN to Phantom Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodwose View Post
I'm glad to see a co2-centric thread. I shoot only co2 (HPA not easily available) and have a 98 and a Blazer (and a phantom), and just got an automag to try.

Does anyone have a favorite setup for a mag on co2? Stabilizer? Expansion chamber? Big goofy loops of hose? Nothing?
An anti-siphon tank is pretty much a must. In addition to that I use a Level 7 foamyless bolt. I don't lay heavy on the trigger, so this setup does me fine with CO2.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:54 PM   #58 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
I would like to put forth the motion to rename smiley's marker to something more fitting. I am thinking perhaps "Buzz Saw" or "Meat Grinder". Fits much better.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone