mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 11-16-2009, 04:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
la la la la revolution

Here's an online calculator that makes it easy to figure out Joules from mass and velocity.
MondoMor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 04:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
You would have to get above 365FPS to approach 7.5 joules of energy though (with a 1.2 gram projectile). Certainly markers can be regulated to keep adjustability max to around 300 +/- 50FPS can't it?
Sure you can regulate the guns to a certain limit, but turning a wrench or swapping out a regulator are far from serious modifications. The same things applies here in Canada where a paintgun shooting over 500fps would be classified as a firearm. I've seen several guns over the years shooting above that legal limit due to turning the regulator the wrong way.

You would probably need something like an overpressure relief valve built into the gun in order to keep velocities low.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:23 PM   #13 (permalink)

Sorry had a rough day. I would not put it past SP to do something like this.

Never trust a gun review that is written by someone that is sponsored by that company.

Why I won't buy from MacDev
VonOrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:26 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
Sure you can regulate the guns to a certain limit, but turning a wrench or swapping out a regulator are far from serious modifications. The same things applies here in Canada where a paintgun shooting over 500fps would be classified as a firearm. I've seen several guns over the years shooting above that legal limit due to turning the regulator the wrong way.

You would probably need something like an overpressure relief valve built into the gun in order to keep velocities low.
Yeh, something revolutionary, you know, like mags had since the day they were built or something
"Do not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil" - Romans 12:21 - Young's Literal Translation

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:15 PM   #15 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
Yeh, something revolutionary, you know, like mags had since the day they were built or something
Well, I was specifically mentioning the conversion guns that go from 68 to 50 and back, like the Impulse and Ego.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:44 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
I'd think it would be fairly simple for a gun using standard paintball valve design to exceed 7.5 Joules. I don't know about the Nano and FM50, but any of the converted guns like the Impulse of Ego would be easily set above 7.5 Joules.
On this video YouTube - Planet Eclipse Ego / ETEK 50 Caliber Conversion Kit Jack Wood shows the Ego conversion kit and around 4:50 talks about the need to drop the inline regulator pressure down when switching to .50 cal as a marker shooting 280 fps with .68 cal will be shooting 400 to 420 fps with the .50 cal (8.95 to 9.86 joules according to that nifty calculator).
sunshaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:29 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Well, I was specifically mentioning the conversion guns that go from 68 to 50 and back, like the Impulse and Ego.
So the conversions may not be the ideal thing to bring into Germany. *IF* the raid turns up a lot of illegal 68 markers (and you can only shoot 68 @ 220FPS) then 50 may have no disadvantage over 68 there, and may have the advantage of being able to be manufactured to make harder to make illegal.

Wow, does that sentence suck. I hope it gets my point across.
"Do not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil" - Romans 12:21 - Young's Literal Translation

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone