mcarterbrown.com

Dealers Forum Paintball Dealer? Having a Special? Let us know here.

Old 06-09-2011, 11:26 PM   #31 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
ok after looking at the TPX manual and figuring out it is just a cart valve design from Sheridan, I borrowed one tore it down and yep it is just a Sheridan cart valve rip off. I have decided I am not going to rip off a current company's rip off of another company. that plus the fact that I don't like getting sued, if this was to be made by a person in there house and not selling them then I think there would be no worry but the fact that I am producing this with full intention to sell I would get sued no doubt in my mind. now with the old version and current version we have asked all related parties if they have a problem with it and its similarities to there designs and we have been given permission and there blessings.

Playing 2/10 takes balls, but only a few
http://210paintball.com/ home of the 2 man 10 ball games
MCB Feedback
Morhaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 12:19 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morhaughn View Post
on a side note, I seem to have lost/stolen the phantom valve body I bought 6 months ago when I started to plan this out,anyone have one they want to sell me? If so let me know.
-
I'm taking care of this (my backup gun's valve body).

-

2-man/10-ball Paintball Association

"Things are rarely what they seem, but are always exactly what they are."
- Buckaroo Banzai

"Everything in excess. To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks."
- Lazarus Long
NinjaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 12:23 AM   #33 (permalink)

The new (v2) Ninja Quick-Changer

-
Yep, we are doing another run, with improvements.

This one, the Ninja Quick-Changer v2, is much more like what I originally mocked up. Historical note: My original idea was to create a one-piece unit that included the valve chamber, much like the Line SI unit of the late 80s. Cost and perceived interest were my decision factors on designing and making the original
quick-changer a Phantom-only device and having it require a Phantom drop-out changer in order to be used. For somone who already had a drop-out changer (like me), the original quick-changer was a well-made, efficient, relatively-cost-effective unit.

Since that first run, I've mentioned the idea of being interested in doing another run to a handful of folks, Titus and Keir ("Morhaughn") being two of them. Well before I met Keir, Titus said "Let's go with it!" With his move to the New England area, and a few activities of mine that became attention-hungry, the another-run idea got put on something other than the front burner.

When the subject came up again, Keir was the person standing in front of me (we had met a few months earlier) and he wanted to go with it, with very strong interest. Titus gave his blessing on the "baton" hand-off (and has graciously offered to help in any way, if needed - most cool and, IMO, the sign of a truly good guy). The rest is what you can now see in this thread.

Keir ("Morhaughn") is taking the lead on this and doing the "heavy lifting" that I did on the last one: locating the metal guy [done], finding almost all of the parts, etc. It seems to be something that he really enjoys. I think that makes a good person to have on this.

I'm looking forward to getting the prototype. It was a blast showing off the original prototype! I play every weekend, so the week that it is in my hands, it will be in use. Photos will be made (like with the original [v1]) and posted up.

I'm also going to make a quick YouTube video showing how to set up and use the new one. (I might make the long-promised video for the original in the same sitting, for those who have or will have one and would like to shorten the learning time.)

Yes, we're going to make a few dollars off of this. For those of you that know how these things go, they ain't without their time/cost factors and are worth adding some value exchange into. (Titus, you can chime in on that note, if you want.) This is a semi-altruistic/semi-business action. You might notice that shipping is not an added cost. Mixed with the other cost factors, there will be a few dollars per unit left to buy paint and pay a field fee with.

-

2-man/10-ball Paintball Association

"Things are rarely what they seem, but are always exactly what they are."
- Buckaroo Banzai

"Everything in excess. To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks."
- Lazarus Long
NinjaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 02:44 AM   #34 (permalink)
Pearl, Pekko & Molly

As a wanna-be 12g changer collector - I have to sign up for one.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:40 AM   #35 (permalink)
Original SWARM

More food for thought
Here are some pictures of an old Nelson Challenger dropout I modified to work in a phantom and use CCI pierce pins with a PT lever. Long ASP/Dukie PT Lever for reference also. The adjustment "knob" is the plunger.
It adds 5 3/8" to the back from the Phantom body, a scatch build could get it down to 5".

Smiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 03:44 AM   #36 (permalink)
Insane Psychopath. :D

Send a message via AIM to Legato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davalos View Post
As a wanna-be 12g changer collector - I have to sign up for one.
i am sad i had to sell so many of mine. I had a wgp slam changer and a Micro Ca II stock that i sold years ago when i needed cash and didn't think i'd use em. Now i regret it. I found a better condition Micro CA II, but still have to get a slam changer again.

This will be fun to use on my back bottle Mini Comp
Legato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 04:02 AM   #37 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
So if I understand correctly these will be the complete valve body as well and not just a drop in for the CCI drop out changers?

New PB Nation Feedback
Old PBNation Feedback
Tdotballers Feedback
MCB Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPrekel View Post
Hey - we are not "Nation"
tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 05:00 AM   #38 (permalink)
Insane Psychopath. :D

Send a message via AIM to Legato

They are screw in ASA type changers, like the WGP slam changer and 12 gram lever action stocks. So there is a valve inside of them, but not like a phantom valve or something like that.
Legato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:06 AM   #39 (permalink)
www.tituspb.com

Like we spoke about on the phone Dave, I get it on the cost. Anno, machining, travel, materials, electricity, etc, all cost $, granted you'll be making a little off of it, but so what. If you build it correctly, they will want it.

On the other hand, times are still tough. So the want Vs need factor comes in.

Please donate to make a difference in my fathers life
Willing to be a 3rd party for shipments to Canada anywhere in the world just PM me.
Buy a Celanis Paintball Patch for a good cause
http://stationcaster.com/player_skin...=4751&f=855201 < Radio Ad
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 02:04 PM   #40 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
this is going to be a two version lever changer one for asa hook up and one with a phantom valve body. The asa version has been designed and is being prototyped the phantom valve body version iis in the works and will be an option just isn't finished being designed.

Playing 2/10 takes balls, but only a few
http://210paintball.com/ home of the 2 man 10 ball games
MCB Feedback
Morhaughn is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » Dealers Forum