mcarterbrown.com  

Dealers Forum Paintball Dealer? Having a Special? Let us know here.

Old 08-09-2011, 03:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Deathwish_DW Send a message via Yahoo to Deathwish_DW

Y0da900/Deathwish_DW's Mech Ion AND Vibe/SP1/GOG Mod Drop In Kit *For Sale Thread*

**** Currently out of bolts. We can still ship kits w/o bolts. Kits work with any dual tail oringed bolt and I have heard they work with the beoranged nano extreme kit which shuts off the dump chamber. I have not tested it personally, so I cannot verify if it will work 100%. We are in the process of sourcing a V2 of our bolts, but as of 7-28-14, we're looking at a minimum of a month until we have more in stock.

Y0da900 and Deathwish_DW are Proud to Present..

Their {Updated [x2!]} Mechanical Ion [AND Vibe/SP1/GOG] Mod Drop-In Kit

*Ion Mech Mod Kit*

*Vibe/SP1/GOG Mech Mod Kit*

O-Ring Diagram for our Bolt

Manual in PDF Download *click!*
Updated Revision 2 Manual with Ion and Vibe/SP1/GOG installation instructions

Pre-Order Thread for Reference! *Click*

Y0da900 and I started talking about making a mech ion mod kit after my meanderings in Mac valves.
The result is a drop-in kit that includes everything needed to convert your regular electronic ion into a mechanical beast!

Our goal was to make a kit that will require no modifications such as drilling or taping of your existing marker. A bracket slides in the old board's spot to hold the valve and you connect the hoses to your existing banjo fittings.

What's included!?

1 Custom Y0da900 Designed, Valve Retention Bracket (v2 Ion, V1 Vibe/Sp1/GOG)
1 Custom Y0da900 Designed, Triple Tail O-Ringed Bolt (v1)
1 Mechanical Valve w/ 4 different sized delrin spacers to place on the valve's stem to allow a greater range of customization to suit your trigger preferences!
1 3/32 * 1/16 * 3/32 Reducing Tee
aprox. 9in of 5/32 Ion Hose
aprox. 7in of 1/8 Ion Hose

{Updates + Misc.}

--- V2 Ion Brackets - Brackets now have two set screws to help hold them in place as well as aid in the adjustment of your trigger geometry!

---Extra brackets are $15. Revised brackets are available for purchase for older kit owners. They are not a necessary upgrade unless you are truly having issues mounting the bracket in the frame.

---Non-Standard requests for frames other than the stock ion frame or the Vibe/SP1/GOG frames will require consultation for a custom bracket. Please PM y0da900 or Deathwish_DW for more information.

--- The Delrin Spacers will NOT be available for sale separately. All parts are available for sale as replacements to existing owners. We will not be selling parts to people who have no purchased a kit due to the fact that getting several hundred of the valves resulted in us BUYING OUT the MANUFACTURER'S GLOBAL SUPPLY and required them to make an ADDITIONAL PRODUCTION RUN for to complete our order.

Pictures / Video!

Pricing and Payment:

Complete Kit w/ Bolt: $70 USD.
Complete Kit WITHOUT Bolt: $64 USD.

The prices above INCLUDE shipping within the ENTIRE USA (and PR >;p).

International orders ARE welcome!
PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR A QUOTE!

*PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING ABOUT INT'L ORDERS*
Shipping is verrrryyyy expensive if you want tracking.
THEREFORE, we will ship via USPS First Class International Mail which does NOT have a tracking option!
We will NOT be held accountable for these packages!
If you wish to pay the extra amount for USPS Priority Mail or Express Mail,
make sure to ask us Deathwish_DW for a quote!

The fastest and easiest way to pay is via PayPal.

Paypal Email for Payments: jbeckerpp@gmail.com

You MUST leave a note saying what you bought (Mech Ion or Vibe/SP1/GOG kit w/ or w/o bolt.
Please note that Ion XE's require the Vibe/SP1/GOG boltstop and if you are planning on using your kit in an Ion XE, you NEED to make a note of this as well),
Your address, and your MCB Name!

A Note About Future Revisions/Upgrades:

All kits will be shipped with the latest revision of our parts, bolts, brackets, etc. If a kit is ready to be shipped but we are only a few days away from having the next revision ready, we will hold the kit until we have the next step up and at that time It will be shipped.

Between revisions, the new and "upgrade" parts will be sold for a nominal fee. They are NOT necessary! Your kit WILL work perfectly ok without them, but we may find a way to make a better bracket or source better bolts, etc and this is what the sale of revision parts is for.

To those who Pre-Ordered your Kits:
As you know, as a perk for Pre-Ordering, you will be provided with all future upgrades at no cost to you. We only ask that after a couple of revisions or a major one (valve/bolt), that you send in your old parts as a swap.

As always, we'd like to thank everyone who has shown us support.
You guys are awesome!

Special thanks go out to Bryce Larson for doing some kick related testing for us and to all of those who Pre-Ordered!
Proud Dealer of: J4 Paintball - Bob Long - DLX - Ninja Paintball - GOG - Deadlywind - Valken

MCB Feedback 57+ (People don't really leave me feedback, lol :d)
PBN Feedback 314+
eBay Feedback 1906+

Last edited by Deathwish_DW; 07-28-2014 at 11:57 PM.
Deathwish_DW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

All outstanding orders will be shipped today.

Revision Tees to those who pre-ordered will also be shipped today.
Proud Dealer of: J4 Paintball - Bob Long - DLX - Ninja Paintball - GOG - Deadlywind - Valken

PBN Feedback 314+
eBay Feedback 1906+
Old 08-10-2011, 01:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

What's the lead time on this? How soon could I have one to my door? Playing in the Woodsball world cup, and need a Mechanical. I only own electros. Please let me know. Thanks
Tomq121874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomq121874 View Post
What's the lead time on this? How soon could I have one to my door? Playing in the Woodsball world cup, and need a Mechanical. I only own electros. Please let me know. Thanks
PM'd.

They're ready to ship!

PBN Feedback 314+
eBay Feedback 1906+
Old 08-11-2011, 11:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Payment Sent. Thank you
Tomq121874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

all orders have been shipped

PBN Feedback 314+
eBay Feedback 1906+
Old 08-12-2011, 11:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
C'mon Man!

Send a message via AIM to subyrally

after some profanity and dremel work, i managed to make this kit work with my ion rifle. remaking a trigger and getting a stock for a sks rifle to fit the 3-way was interesting, but it works great. i do have a bit of a leak, but i think that might be from the fitting on the air inlet/asa/thingy.

on a side note, i noticed that once in a while, there is a slight hiss from the breach, if i push the back of the bolt, it goes away. it is an old ion firing can, or what ever the back half is called, aka, not the bolt out the back version. could that be from the pressure being high or possibly something messed up with my gun? it might have been there before i installed the kit on it, but its been so long since i messed with it, i cant remember.. .

either way, i like this kit, it definitely solved a few problems that i had with the ion before. thanks
subyrally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:11 AM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

Is the hiss from inside the breech or at the seam where the can and breech meet? Either place, it is most likely just a worn o-ring. If it is inside the breech, check/replace the o-ring right behind the feedneck (size 017 70 Shora A) and the o-rings on the bolt stop (014 70 shore A inside o-ring 020 70 Shore A outside). At the breech seam - there are 2 o-rings on the breech that mate with the inside of the firing can. Both of those are significantly less likely to go bad, and it is very unlikely that there would be a leak there without being able to notice it down the barrel too as it would mean at least 1 interior o-ring was bad as well.

It could theoretically be the sail o-ring on the bolt as well - just a bit less likely given that it is new. That is a metric o-ring though, 20mm OD x 16mm ID.

Glad you like it, let us know what ends up being the problem behind the leak.
y0da900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 01:34 AM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

He nailed it, but look at the orings. Are any cracked? Edged? Chipped?
If so: bingo

PBN Feedback 314+
eBay Feedback 1906+
Old 08-13-2011, 09:23 AM   #10 (permalink)
C'mon Man!

Send a message via AIM to subyrally

thanks for the tips, i will check it out today. i am taking it up to the field today to show off, lol. maybe i can drum up some business for you

now i just need to get my loader working properly.... hopefully, i will have the ion working perfectly by the end of today.

thanks again guys!
subyrally is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » Dealers Forum