mcarterbrown.com  

Dealers Forum Paintball Dealer? Having a Special? Let us know here.

Old 06-05-2012, 01:28 PM   #251 (permalink)

I work at a firm in CA.

PM'd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes View Post
DeuceSV has been waxing cars for ten years now, and he still doesn't know karate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnificent7 View Post
When DeuceSV takes a date out to a restaurant, he refuses to be seated. He simply eats all complementary mints by the cash register & leaves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
DeuceSV is the change we can believe in, but he isn't interested in running for office at all.
DeuceSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:10 PM   #252 (permalink)
D G
Team-PAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOTShadow View Post
Ok spoke to PayPal. Unless they can get in contact with the tank dist, we are on our own. They suggest I start a police report so that is my mission for tomorrow.
Keep your chin up. You're not to blame for us all getting d&#@ed.
Two questions while the police investigation is going on:
1) what happens to the regulators of those that ordered them?
2) if all is lost, how much of each order is shipping? we should at least get that back, no?
D G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:24 PM   #253 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by D G View Post
Keep your chin up. You're not to blame for us all getting d&#@ed.
Two questions while the police investigation is going on:
1) what happens to the regulators of those that ordered them?
2) if all is lost, how much of each order is shipping? we should at least get that back, no?
Working with dueceSV on timelines and emails from scuba distributors to/from Catalina. I figured we would lose any chance of recovery going after the company but if we can prove intent of fraud, we might have a better chance to go after him in civil court and press criminal charges.

I have the regulators. Ninja is giving me some options like installing them on their tanks or take a little restocking fee hit for a credit but no refunds.

Last edited by TOTShadow; 06-05-2012 at 08:29 PM.
TOTShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:02 PM   #254 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOTShadow View Post
Working with dueceSV on timelines and emails from scuba distributors to/from Catalina. I figured we would lose any chance of recovery going after the company but if we can prove intent of fraud, we might have a better chance to go after him in civil court and press criminal charges.

I have the regulators. Ninja is giving me some options like installing them on their tanks or take a little restocking fee hit for a credit but no refunds.
OK it sounds like you are moving forward the best you can. I have to agree that this is in no way your fault. I do have a few questions.

1. Since you have the regs, how much would it coast us to get the tanks from Ninja? (per tank) I'm asking because if leagal action is needed, that is going to take some time, maybe some of us on the list might poney up the cash to get the our tanks in hopes of getting a refund of the diffrence down the road.
2. Have you had a lawyer look at this? Or just the police? Where is the location of the distribtor, what state? Someone on here might have a or know of a lawyer in that state who can help.

I hope all this works out for you (us), I know you put allot of work into this. We are here to back you up.
BULLXIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:20 AM   #255 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLXIII View Post
1. Since you have the regs, how much would it coast us to get the tanks from Ninja? (per tank) I'm asking because if leagal action is needed, that is going to take some time, maybe some of us on the list might poney up the cash to get the our tanks in hopes of getting a refund of the diffrence down the road.
If I remember right, with returning the regs and getting a credit for the tanks, it would be a $1200 difference to get all the tanks so I would say about $20 per tank @ 60 tanks.

I would be in for putting up the difference to get the tanks, I know I could toss in a good $30 or so to help get the tanks from Ninja.

http://walkons.proboards.com/index.cgi?

FS Custom 13/3000 Tank Covers Paracord $35
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...ord-%2435.html
Orpackrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:53 AM   #256 (permalink)
MCB Member

I don't call the police where does the guy live?
Old 06-06-2012, 08:16 PM   #257 (permalink)
NYOG President

Not tooo much that the police can do with just a phone call, he could email/fax stuff over but for something like this not much gets done unless da guys in suits do the leg work
Old 06-12-2012, 01:35 PM   #258 (permalink)
D G
Team-PAIN

any progress in the last week?
D G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:36 PM   #259 (permalink)

So, I've reviewed the email exchanges that ToT sent me.
I'm unfamiliar with the way paypal handles such transactions. My guess is, if the payment was sent for a product, we should be able to appeal to paypal for the money to be returned. If it was gifted (I don't know that it was), we could be F'd.

The other options are: press them to honor the original order, or as for the cash back.

I don't have the time or resources to do so in a timely fashion, but it is definitely time to get an attorney involved--preferably one in FL who can scare these 's.

If ToT got anything in physical paper, he'll want to send a copy to the attorney. Does anyone live in FL?

Alternatively, ToT should find an attorney wherever he resides and investigate personal jurisdiction in that state. Under the Uniform Commercial Code, there are plenty of ways to drag these guys to ToT's state for court, which may persuade them to just return our money. If you get them to court, you will get more from them than just the value of the tanks they never supplied.

This is the best I can do.
Jason

----Edit------
Raise enough hell with paypal, and you'll get somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes View Post
DeuceSV has been waxing cars for ten years now, and he still doesn't know karate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnificent7 View Post
When DeuceSV takes a date out to a restaurant, he refuses to be seated. He simply eats all complementary mints by the cash register & leaves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
DeuceSV is the change we can believe in, but he isn't interested in running for office at all.
DeuceSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:46 PM   #260 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
I don't think there is any way to dispute a gifted payment with PP. There is a timeframe for filing a dispute, I think its 45 days, if it is last that timeframe i don't think there is anything that can be done either. I have had to file some PP disputes but they were all done within the allotted timeframe. I hope you guys don't take it in the tush on this deal.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » Dealers Forum