mcarterbrown.com  

Dealers Forum Paintball Dealer? Having a Special? Let us know here.

Old 07-06-2012, 05:48 PM   #311 (permalink)
Aggalicious

He obviously had one, other the MOD would not have approved it. What it is...? Not for me to know. He is working out something with ninja (as stated before in his previous posts) to use the regs he purchased from them as a deposit towards purchasing their tanks (as they are now mass produced). That in my mind is enough of a refund plan to keep me from filing a claim just yet with a CC company, could the claim have waited another few weeks? Sure.
AbeShip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:07 PM   #312 (permalink)
Life is good once more..

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxpro69 View Post
He obviously had one, other the MOD would not have approved it. What it is...? Not for me to know. He is working out something with ninja (as stated before in his previous posts) to use the regs he purchased from them as a deposit towards purchasing their tanks (as they are now mass produced). That in my mind is enough of a refund plan to keep me from filing a claim just yet with a CC company, could the claim have waited another few weeks? Sure.
Im not trying to be a dick, but like you said you dont have a dog in this fight and by posting up its a great way invite others with no investment to jump in and at some point get this thread locked.So far as whats in your mind in this case dont mean diddly to those that are waiting for tanks they paid hard earned cash for.. At first they were to be a one off tank and that changed when he had to piggy back off someone else's tank order..All you have to do is read all the posts and you will see where this Pre order started takeing a head dive.

Ebay, camocow200 (1360) + 100% positive feedback
darr_musi (530) + 99.9% Positive Feedback
MCB (350) + 100% positive feedback

Walz (aka) The Wally Modda.
woouulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:12 PM   #313 (permalink)
Aggalicious

I completely agree his communication is sub-par, he should be on here everyday updating you all with the status of the order. If he wasn't using the regs as a deposit for a new order I also feel that he should have those shipped to those who ordered tanks w/ regs. I am not trying to start a fight, just offer a different/outside perspective. Yes of course this pre-order has taken a nosedive, like I said before he himself has lost as much as you all, and his credit is taking the blame. He should produce SOME product or a refund, I just feel that the gun was jumped on this one.
AbeShip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:37 AM   #314 (permalink)
Distruster of Joggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOTShadow View Post
At this point you might as well start your claim process with your credit card company.
That is the plan for a refund.
Old 07-07-2012, 05:10 PM   #315 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
Update

I got an email from the AG office of florida. Just filed a police report with sebastian police dept. as per the AG office stated I should do. Since I don't have the resources to hire an attorney for this, I'm doing this on my own.

Original purchase order for 200 tanks to catalina cylinders is dated 1/27/12. I got a copy of it from catalina.

Email quote from scuba dist on 2/13/12...

"Dear Michael
I have to report some major problems with your order.
I will try to explain everything as best I can; as it is even difficult for me to comprehend .
I hope you understand that I have been caught in the middle and there is nothing I can do about the new conditions that Catalina has set..

One week ago we sent in the PO for your special S-4 cylinders. At that time after Catalina received the cylinders we were told that the original price quoted was no good and that we were expected to pay the new price was $175.00 per cylinder. I was shocked!
I gathered my old e-mails that I had been quoted and returned the quote and the price to the manufacturing manager at Catalina and requested them to honor our original price..
He told me that they are no longer interested in losing money on this type of production and that the special run would cost the $175 per cylinder.
I explained that the money was already collected per his word and now I was in the middle of this.
Catalina then told me that ONLY this one time would they make this cylinder for the price I promised.
Also in order for them to manufacture this special cylinder they would need an order of 200 pieces.

Mike also just this week I received another letter from Catalina and I am now having to order larger quantities and pay a higher price for all my cylinders.
So if I want a S-6 or any other small cylinders I will also have to buy 200 of any or each size and color.
So these are the new rules as of February 1St. There is nothing any one can do!
I spent a lot of time arguing the fact that we all agreed on the pricing and at least they should honor the original price finally they agreed but still require me to purchase a minimum of 200 S-4
Now just today I was notified that Catalina in California can not make this cylinder.
They said that neither of the factories east coast or west is able at this time to make this cylinder. But they could tool up for this S-4 if I can give them the 200 piece order.

SO here is the final number and requirements that I will need from you.

200 pieces 100% up front ASAP.
Before I place the order and a lead time of 3 months
I don't know why so long but at least they can do it.

I am sorry for this confusion. I was very surprised that Catalina gave us a Go Ahead and then retracted and changed the requirements.
I believe that they didn't pick up on the odd sized thread.
The good part is that they will honor the price and not charge a set up fee.
That is a $ 600 cost saving.
Call me any time to follow up on this letter.
I can explain more on the phone.
Sincerely,

Ronald Devecki
President
Scuba Distributors, LLC"

Ward Dekker of catalina states that payment was never sent and the "$175" per tank quote was never emailed to or stated in conversation to Ronald.

There is the fraud portion of our case. 3rd degree felony grand theft charge is for the amount. I have not forgotten about this at all. Been working hard to read and understand the correct legal process for this. Regardless on how long it takes, I will stay on top of this. For those of you that want me 'blacklisted", so be it.

Keep this in mind, this tank was a one off product. Deadlywind put up the funds for 140 tanks to reach the so called 200 tank order requirement which I found out was false according to Ward Dekker. No other paintball company in January 2012 produced a 35ci tank. I spoke to Ninja back in September 2011 about my original 27ci tank project. I was told by catalina I would need to order 400 tanks. I did not have enough orders to order those tanks but the response I got from people on MCB and elsewhere showed Ninja that I was on to something and that the paintball community wanted a smaller HPA tank.

Fast forward to now. Ninja launched a 35ci tank.....really. My project took a nasty turn and we are held holding the bag. Keep in mind my paypal account is in ruins and soon my credit will have collections reported on it from paypal.

I know people are mad and upset but I'm not gonna sugar coat the legal process. The officer said it could take 30-60 days before I hear back from a detective on this case. My feedback speaks for itself on here and other forums. I think I'm doing the right thing by going after this guy personally instead of being just another person filing against him in BK court.

I will update when I get "new" information.
TOTShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 06:45 PM   #316 (permalink)
Eph 2:8&9

Thanks for the update. I appreciate you pursuing this and not just forgetting about it. I really hope for the best outcome for you and for us.
maliitbato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:31 PM   #317 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Thanks for the info, helps to know that you are working on this. Best of luck.
Craig 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 02:45 PM   #318 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to Tesko Send a message via MSN to Tesko

I'm not going to file any paypal claim, you're a good guy and you're doing the right thing.

To all the people who HAVE filed claims against you, you guys are weak sauce.

$100 isn't much to lose, so I just hope you can resolve it eventually.

Kudos.

For everything Cocker & Sniper Related and then some - Custom Cockers
Tesko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:21 PM   #319 (permalink)

Yeah I got the tank through compulsive paintball and I wasn't even that impressed.
vicente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:25 AM   #320 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

For what its worth Shadow is a fellow teammate and there is no doubt in my mind he would give you the shirt off his back if asked for it. Shadow is not only a thinker but a doer. He saw a need for a product, put the thought out there and ran with it. It is unfortunate that this order has turned out the way it has. I am sure that he is doing everything in his power to fix the problem but please keep in mind it is a long process. I speak from experience. I myself am in law enforcement and my wife is in the legal field. Give it time fellow MCBers, Shadow is doing his best!

mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » Dealers Forum