mcarterbrown.com

Dealers Forum Paintball Dealer? Having a Special? Let us know here.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:07 PM   #391 (permalink)
Distruster of Joggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruraldawgs View Post
Its been a long time since I have witnessed such moaning and groaning over 100 bucks (or less). Im sure 90% of us has pissed away more money than this elsewhere.

Really folks, move on. It will take years of your life dragging this out.

Giving up any amount of money is okay as long as its yours to give up, however please stop making assumptions on other peoples money.

$100 could mean plenty to some but really its not the amount that matters its the principle. The seller took peoples money and has not refunded anything.

I wonder if TOTshadow has done anything like this before, collecting funds and not completing sales, does anyone know of such a history?
Old 04-09-2013, 10:38 PM   #392 (permalink)
camocow200

As far as i know everything else has been on the up and up with him, although the ADG logo'ed Ninja Regs were made from a discontinued model Reg with no parts available and no warrenty from Ninja since they were sold to a non dealer..

Ebay, camocow200 (625)+
MCB 275 +
woouulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:46 PM   #393 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

Y'all really need to give the guy a break. Having a repayment plan in place is all well and good if you're still the guy holding the money...like when the preorder is for something that you yourself are personally manufacturing. This situation is more a group buy than a preorder.
But when you pay somebody and then they go bankrupt, the whole point of the bankruptcy filing is that they no longer have an obligation to satisfy the contract. The money he paid to them is GONE. Surely you're not expecting him to somehow come up with the cash to reimburse everyone out of his pocket...

Go ye therefore to all the nations, baptizing them in copious amounts of paint.

Proud member of Team On Target.
www.teamontargetpb.com

Last edited by Murf425; 04-10-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:55 PM   #394 (permalink)
camocow200

Ill just point out the Regs and your thoughts about them ? Should those just be awarded to him for pain and suffering??

Ebay, camocow200 (625)+
MCB 275 +
woouulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:09 PM   #395 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

Having just talked to him an hour ago, he's said that the reg money is getting refunded. He's even eating the 15% restocking fee he was charged.
I know Mike, and he's trustworthy. The regs will be paid for, even if it takes awhile. But as he recently lost his job, I can't fault him for putting it lower on his priority list.

Go ye therefore to all the nations, baptizing them in copious amounts of paint.

Proud member of Team On Target.
www.teamontargetpb.com
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:09 PM   #396 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
The company he paid went bankrupt not himself personally. In the end, he took peoples money and it was lost by him, it becomes his responsibility when he took possession of it. If he was not prepared to take that responsibility he shouldn't have. I am sympathetic, I have been in my share of lousy situations, but that's business. If he, himself went bankrupt, I could see people giving up, but that didn't happen. I am think the main thing people are upset about is the lack of updates, even if its "I have no new news" it is still better than being left to think that nothing is being done.
crazyorigin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:19 AM   #397 (permalink)
Apple Sucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf425 View Post
Having just talked to him an hour ago, he's said that the reg money is getting refunded. He's even eating the 15% restocking fee he was charged.
I know Mike, and he's trustworthy. The regs will be paid for, even if it takes awhile. But as he recently lost his job, I can't fault him for putting it lower on his priority list.
so.. he's a good guy if it takes him a year to get this refund? and where will the money go? cuz it doesn't look to me like he wants to refund us anytime soon...

I call BS... but that's my opinion...

btw, I still don't get why we're only 4 people who gave bad rep to the guy. I know he lost some money on this, but he never reimbursed anyone on the part of his profit, the regs or the shipping... all of those, he didn't lose any money for... but that's also my opinion...
Old 04-11-2013, 08:05 PM   #398 (permalink)
MCB Member

I thought I remember reading that he lost his deposit with the company, and then for the majority of people that paid with paypal backed with credit they got their refund, so he was out all the money that people requested back through paypal? So wouldn't he be out all of the money that people got back through paypal? Has to be at least a couple thousand.

I don't think any of us are happy about the loss of $100, but ranting about it isn't going to make it come any faster. If he pays us back great, I could certainly use my $100 back. But I'm certainly not going to hold my breath or keep bitching about it for years. I pretty much shrugged this off as a loss and lesson learned as soon as I heard it fell through.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:57 AM   #399 (permalink)
MCB Member

Kahnif, letting this thread die without a resolution isn't going to make anything happen. in fact keeping it alive will prevent this sort of thing from happening in the future.

How about this murpf425, since you know him. You can pay us all back and he can owe you the money, then he can pay you back as slowly as never.
I want him to own up, Yea i get that he got boned in the deal but he was playing with others money and it's his responsibility.

Last edited by Tinman; 04-12-2013 at 10:08 AM.
Tinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:51 PM   #400 (permalink)
Henchemen Inc!

Send a message via AIM to vf-xx

Heck, I would have been at least somewhat accepting of him just sending me a bare regulator. At least that I could have resold on my own months and months ago.

As someone who has a stake in this, my biggest issue is that I don't know what's going on. Where did my money go and how is something going to get back to me? There are no updates, no attempt at any transparency to this.

Sure people who got in late might have been able to file a paypal claim, but those of us who sent something from a bank funded paypal more than 45 days before he notified us of the issue were borked.

The other thing to remember, as much as anything, this was a business deal regardless of any other relations with him. This is NOT being handled in a professional manner.

mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » Dealers Forum