mcarterbrown.com

Dealers Forum Paintball Dealer? Having a Special? Let us know here.

Old 01-06-2012, 12:41 AM   #21 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo_Coatings View Post
It is a product called microslick it is made by NIC industries the same people who make Cerakote. It is not a molybdenum disulfide coating like i assume the molle fusion is based off of the name. It actually becomes a intrinsic part of the metals surface and not just a coating on its surface like the Molly coatings do.

As for the ultra sonic cleaning we can do it but it depends on the size of the part.
That sounds interesting,PM incoming.
CustomCockers
eBay
MTGS
Robbie_Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:37 AM   #22 (permalink)

Is there an extra charge for additional colours or patterns?
Old 01-06-2012, 07:04 AM   #23 (permalink)
Fluffy Bunnies for life!!

CCM Fan
In case anyone is wondering Tyler is a good guy and does great work. He has done projects for me as small as a barrel tip and as large as two guns in Multicam (S6 and G3). His prices are very reasonable, he will treat you right.

Ebay Feedback
MCB Feedback
Jkoselka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:57 AM   #24 (permalink)
+P for Plenty...

Hi guys, I had a look through the pictures on the website but did not see any examples of the multicam finish.
If someone has a few pics of a completed project using this finish I would love to see them.
Thanks!

My feedback...
Ebay: http://myworld.ebay.com/frankh_001/
MCB:http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Tiberius Forums: http://forums.tiberiusarms.com/showthread.php?t=3867
wmdfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:10 AM   #25 (permalink)
Formerly lancecst

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo_Coatings View Post
Yes it is only available in black. The dry film lubricant is usually applied to internal parts where the appearance is not a issue. The black you see is actually just a dye that is added so that the applicator can see where he has applied the coating. The actual dry film lubricant is clear and chemically bonds with the metal itself. You can burnish off the black dye and the dry film lubricant will be unaffected. The only way to remove the dry film lube is to mechanically remove the surface of the metal. For things like pump arms, guide rods, springs, Ect that you can see, you could just go with the standard Cerakote finish. While the standard Cerakote finish does not have the same lubricating properties as the Dry Film Lubricant it is self lubricating and preforms very well.
So is it possible to get the dry film lubricant done in clear then, or do you offer the burnishing service to remove the black.

I saw this splatter that you did on an Automag, can you do other effects. Such as a splash, fade, larger splotches, etc.

I will be sending you a PM for a quote.

Feedback
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimcpt View Post
If it needed a different bolt, CCM would have made a different bolt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
Word.
BLachance75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:45 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbw369 View Post
How much would it cost to get an automag body and rail done in the keracoate? (phoenix body and rail)? May also look into having the frame done, but probably not. If there is a per part charge, feel free to include that when you pm me, as that would be helpful.

Also, do you have any pictures of any guns or markers done in the battleship gray, gunmetal gray or the tungsten gray that you could send me a link to? I want to see if one of those colors are what I have in mind.
PM Sent
VooDoo_Coatings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:05 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teek View Post
Is there an extra charge for additional colours or patterns?
Yes, it is $15.00 for each additional color. Free hand patterns like fades are just priced by the number of colors used. Patterns that require custom masking to be made are priced based on the complexity of the design in addition to the number of colors used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJOttawa View Post
Do you really mean "12pm to 5pm"?
I sure hope not those are some long hours. Seriously though it was just a typo. Thank you for pointing it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancecst View Post
So is it possible to get the dry film lubricant done in clear then, or do you offer the burnishing service to remove the black.

I saw this splatter that you did on an Automag, can you do other effects. Such as a splash, fade, larger splotches, etc.
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...11487643_n.jpg

I will be sending you a PM for a quote.
Yes we can burnish it using glass beads here in the shop but it will cost more than a standard dry film job. We can do fades, splashes, splotches, and just about anything else you can think of.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:12 PM   #28 (permalink)
Olde Basterd#2

CCM Fan
Kilt Fan
So let me wrap my head around this. I thought I read some where this is harder to scratch than anodizing. Is that true? I'm very interested but the thought of chipping paint on the gun kinda scares me. Feyd............
Old 01-06-2012, 05:59 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyd View Post
So let me wrap my head around this. I thought I read some where this is harder to scratch than anodizing. Is that true? I'm very interested but the thought of chipping paint on the gun kinda scares me. Feyd............

Yes that is true. Also, Cerakote will not flake or chip off of the part i can guarantee that. We can coat a piece of metal and bend it 180* and the coating will be unaffected! If the coating ever has delamination issues where it turns loose from the part it was due to application error and we will fix it free of charge. To this date we have never had any part returned. Most of the time if the coating is damaged the underlying material will also be damaged as well. Cerakote is hands down the most durable coating you can get for your marker and at the same time it is so thin that it will not effect the tolerances of the marker!
Old 01-07-2012, 12:53 PM   #30 (permalink)
Back to paintball.

Send a message via AIM to Ir0nExpress

I had my old S6 done a while back, VooDoo's work is excellent. I vouch for his work I'll probably have something for you in the future since I found work again.
Ir0nExpress is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » Dealers Forum