mcarterbrown.com  

Dealers Forum Paintball Dealer? Having a Special? Let us know here.

Old 12-10-2012, 11:15 PM   #31 (permalink)
Post Whore

The smell from working on antlers is the worst smell in the world. A small wiff of that puts me straight down. Ugh.

I'm going to pm you about this list.
danssoslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:31 AM   #32 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Yup.. it's worse than the smell from having a cavity drilled.. but similar.

Pm received and responded to.

I'll get the preliminary list together in the next couple days and hopefully we can start working on things the middle of January.

E

Last edited by Schmitti; 12-11-2012 at 07:56 AM.
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:45 PM   #33 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Started the list it's on the original post on page 1. I have one or two more people that showed interest that I have to get a hold of or hear back from.

And.. as I make non custom/non request stuff it will be up for sale. If you are on the list and see something get made that was not for someone on th elist.. pleas do not get upset.

Also.. if you want something made and I don't think I can do it, please don't get mad at me. I do this as a hobby.. I'm getting good at this, but I am far from a professional blade smith.

E
Old 12-13-2012, 08:35 AM   #34 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

So for payment for something I was just handed enough Cherry to make about a dozen hidden tang knives and enough Cocabola to make probably 4 full tang slab handled blades.

SO keep that in mind when its your turn... or just keep your eye out for a knife made with some of this stuff.

E
Old 12-16-2012, 09:46 PM   #35 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Well.... you will all get a chance to see a knife with stacked leather and cherry pretty soon... but you won't be able to buy it unless my wife wants a different knife.

That being said... they are do able and I wouldn't mind making a few more if I can get people committed to buying them.

E
Old 12-25-2012, 07:38 PM   #36 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

And a Christmas /Yule /solstice update.... I didn't get a thing done this past week. Everybody in my house including my in laws have been sick with a variety ofncrud so when I haven't been working Ive been caring for sick kids.

But... I got the Taney Delude starter kit for leather crafts.... that's a nice kit! So I'm hoping to practice some with tooling so that I can sell sheaths that are more than just smooth fitted leather. As I play with the set I will share.

Happy holidays and Merry Christmas!
Old 01-11-2013, 12:53 PM   #37 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Birthday update

My wonderful wife gave me an 8" bench grinder yesterday, this will make working on guards soooooo much easier!

And my folks gave me this:
#J3189 Pattern 31 Jantz Damascus Blade

It's awesome. Trying to decide if I want to go with ironwood or amboyna for the handle. Bolsters will be stainless and I will probably get a regular sheath first and stitch up my own later. Thinking Chocolate/Dark Brown dye for the sheath to match my belt.

Haven't done any knife work recently... been trying to organize tools and get my wife's christmas present finished (still). I may do a drop point with a cherry handle just to get something out the door ... leather spacers are on hold at the moment just because of lack of time on my part. Yes.. a full wooden handle, even with shaping takes about half the time to make as a stacked leather washer handle.

E
Old 01-13-2013, 02:37 AM   #38 (permalink)
Post Whore

That blade is awesome looking. Damascus is some beautiful stuff.
danssoslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:40 AM   #39 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

It is!

And another update. I got the disc/belt sander fixed... made a pulling tool to get the disc off the drive spindle so I could replace the belt.

I also got some work done on my friends knife. Shaped the guard a little more and drilled out his handle. Going to try and get out to get wood hardener today so I can soak his handle for a while before I shape it.

Tonight I if I have the time I will put that cherry handled knife together.

E
Old 01-16-2013, 04:48 PM   #40 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Getting a little done on my friends knife.... all together, just needs some minor fitting before I can glue it up and start shaping.

Pommel is just a plate that will be fitted to the tang nut (dab of jb weld) and a brass pin (and epoxy) If he decides later he wants it engraved it will be a very nice large flat surface.

More as I get more done.

E

mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » Dealers Forum