mcarterbrown.com  

Dealers Forum Paintball Dealer? Having a Special? Let us know here.

Old 12-07-2012, 07:27 PM   #21 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Well you have me convinced.... I ordered the replacement blade for my friend and got the metal for the knife I drew up..... and a length of leather strap to cut into washers. The next knife for all of you will have Birds Eye Maple and leather washers.

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:14 PM   #22 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Was working on my friends knife again tonight.. possible layout for it.. 1/4" guard (almost 100% shaped on the front end), then blue and yellow colored spacers, then a 1/16" spacer.. the metal is all nickle silver. Then the amboyna handle, then another spacer that will be drilled for a few pins to hold it on, and a larger hole for the tang nut that will be threaded in and then peened.

Waiting on the future owner to tell me what he thinks. I have a feeling he may not like the plate at the butt of the knife, but we'll see.

PICT2585_resize.jpg

PICT2586_resize.jpg

And the next knife will be a 100% ok blade. I saved the blade for the above project.. thankfully. So expect a quick turn around on the other blade when I get it in. Looking to make 3 to 4 knives in a quick span of time so I can get myself a late christmas/birthday present.

E
Old 12-10-2012, 09:19 AM   #23 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitti View Post
The next knife for all of you will have Birds Eye Maple and leather washers.

E
A combination?
Old 12-10-2012, 09:49 AM   #24 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
A combination?
Yup!

1/8" Brass "guard", colored spacers, 1/16" brass spacer, 1" of leather washers, then some birds eye, then another 1" of leather washers, then a 1/8" brass pommel and a tang nut.

I may also try one with the leather and wood reversed so the leather is in the middle with the wood on the ends.

E
Old 12-10-2012, 11:55 AM   #25 (permalink)
All things awesome

Send a message via MSN to WidowMaker Send a message via Skype™ to WidowMaker

Fan of EMR
very nice looking blades.

www.patchpanel.ca
WidowMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:10 PM   #26 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Also to note... if I could get over the feeling that I'm in the dentists office while I'm working it, I'd be willing to do a leather washer and bone/stag/antler knife handle.... but god does working (sanding) bone stink!!!!! It would look beautiful though. I may make one just because.

E
Old 12-10-2012, 04:03 PM   #27 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Sweet! Blade, metal and sheath have shipped! Looks like I will be making another knife sometime soon!

So.. question for the knife buying few. This is for serious folks only. Would you be willing to pony up half up front with a 3 month (max) turnaround and then pay the remainder prior to shipping. Or do folks like the see what I post and buy it approach better. This would be for non full custom orders. Example... I plan on making a run of the Drop Points with the leather and birds eye maple handles... the only real custom option will be metal type (brass or nickle silver) and spacer colors (you get a choice of colors # of pieces and pattern). So it's a custom but not a full custom. And I need to think about this option and run it by Carter as it's a pre-order. I will also only except an order from people that have good feedback... I don't want to get stuck holding a knife and half your funds and have you disappear... and I really don't want you to pop back up after a year and be mad when I've sold a knife that you seemed to no longer have wanted.

I would pretty much make a list of people interested.... as I'm ready I would let the first person on the list know.. you say yay or nay on what I'm making, if you want in on that knife I take money... if you want to wait (either you don't have funds or want a different knife) I go to the next person on the list. Half up front (via paypal) the remainder prior to delivery (you have the option of paypal or USPS MO). When that knife is done I hit the next person on the list.

So, think about it. Feedback is appreciated. And I have no problem just posting and selling things as I complete them... I just have something in mind that I would like to purchase so was hoping to line up some long range funding.

E
Old 12-10-2012, 04:19 PM   #28 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Sounds like you have a lot of great ideas Erik, stag stocks sound awesome. I'm about to start the long trek home from our long (and tiring) vacation. I'll shoot you a PM about what we'd talked about after we get home in a few days.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:45 PM   #29 (permalink)
Post Whore

Any big blades in the works?
Old 12-10-2012, 07:37 PM   #30 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

How big? Jantz has a Tactical fighter and a bowie I was looking at putting together if I knew someone would buy them.

Here's the deal... I will probably make some stuff on the side that I know people have interest in. The odd ball/expensive/"I'm not sure who would buy it, but it sure will be fun to make, but I don't need it" stuff are things that I will have a cue (read as a waiting list) for.

Right now I've got a Mod that is #1 on the list and then Duece as #2 (hah)... then there are at least two other people who I've talked to and I need to look at my pm's to see who they are that could take me possibly up to 5. That being said.. I'm going to do at least the drop point, because I want to see how it goes together and looks and to get a little more capital in the bank, then I will see about working on people in the cue.

E

mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » Dealers Forum