mcarterbrown.com  

Dealers Forum Paintball Dealer? Having a Special? Let us know here.

Old 06-07-2013, 05:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newbie++

CCM Fan
Smoother Empire Sniper Mods. Inception Designs inspired.

First I hope this is the proper place for this post.

You wants eliminate/reduce the chance of chopping a paintball because you thought you pumped it far enough back but didn't?
You wants to back out the IVG on your Empire Sniper for a lighter and smoother stroke?

You have come to the right place.

History about the mod:
This mod is a Inception Designs inspired and developed via discussion on the Simonized forums. Simon Stevens(founder/owner of Inception Designs, formerly of KEE) created the first set for me shortly after PSP World Cup 2012. It made a huge difference in the way the gun felt.
INCEPTION DESIGN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Problem:
With the stock Empire Sniper, your gun will cock before a paintball is loaded into the breech(see first picture below). This often leads to blank shots or pinched/chopped paintballs by the bolt.

The Solution
Once it is modded, the cocking point and beech opening point is exactly the same.

The Price for modding
Option 1 (Full Gun): $36.35 + return shipping
Send me your entire Sniper.
We do the milling/modifications.
We reassemble your marker along with timing and tuning your sniper before shipping it back to you.
Please don't send me a gun covered in mud and old paint. There will be an additional $5 if you you ship me a marker caked in mud and old paint.

Option 2 (Stripped): $31.20 + return shipping
You disassemble your gun and send me the body, detent(in good condition), hammer(with lug) and main pump guide rod.
We mod it, send it back to you.

The Price for modding and spring
Option 1 (Full Gun): $41.50 + return shipping
Send me your entire Sniper.
We do the milling/modifications.
We install the valve spring.
We reassemble your marker along with timing and tuning your sniper before shipping it back to you.
Please don't send me a gun covered in mud and old paint. There will be an additional $5 if you you ship me a marker caked in mud and old paint.

Option 2 (Stripped): $36.35 + return shipping
You disassemble your gun and send me the body, detent(in good condition), hammer(with lug) and main pump guide rod.
We mod it, send it back to you with the valve spring.

Side notes
I will not sell the springs separately. It is only sold if you mod your snipers. I don't feel like the springs does the Empire Sniper justice by itself.
Shipping to Me: Please use USPS with tracking and insurance.
Shipping to You: We will use USPS with tracking and insurance.
Turnaround time: 1.5 week from when I received them to when you get it back.
Profit: Simon doesn't want any money for the work but we will support him in 1 way or another.

Pieces that Modify

Reviews
Quote:
I just got my sniper back and all I have to say is wow!! My sniper pumps absolutely perfect now!!! No more blank shots from not pulling the handle back far enough past the cocking point!! Also my pump stroke is super smooth now. I will post up a shooting video on YouTube tomorrow and post the link here.

My MCB Feedback

Last edited by noclue119; 03-05-2015 at 11:32 AM.
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Newbie++

CCM Fan
Currently the prototype valve spring is in the works. Will be offering this soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JNg3AwI5N4

My MCB Feedback
Old 06-08-2013, 06:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Tinkerer

CCM Fan
In for one!
Old 06-09-2013, 10:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
Cool! I was messing with a Resurrection in person the other day and it was cocking at the same point! I thought that had been fixed but apparently not.

Can you also offer this for custom half-blocks?
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Newbie++

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post
Cool! I was messing with a Resurrection in person the other day and it was cocking at the same point! I thought that had been fixed but apparently not.

Can you also offer this for custom half-blocks?
Sorry, I can't do this for other custom half blocks. Most of the stuff I have are only for tuning Empire Snipers.

Also for the Empire Resurrection, I don't think that is as big of a deal as pumps. Just turn up your LPR a bit. But if people wants it done, I don't have a problem offering the service

My MCB Feedback
Old 06-09-2013, 07:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
This is a great modification for the empire sniper! Because I have a empire sniper with this modification from noclue119.

funsi00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Newbie++

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by funsi00 View Post
This is a great modification for the empire sniper! Because I have a empire sniper with this modification from noclue119.
The very first one.

My MCB Feedback
Old 06-11-2013, 04:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
Newbie++

CCM Fan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-U4vK04H7Y

My MCB Feedback
Old 06-11-2013, 10:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

I did this mod to a Sniper over a year ago, there was no need to shorten the pump guide, there is a rubber disk down inside the pump handle. if it is removed you get the proper stroke.

I am curious, what do you need the detent for? is it something to do with the mod or is it just for testing?
capitalpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Newbie++

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalpaintball View Post
I did this mod to a Sniper over a year ago, there was no need to shorten the pump guide, there is a rubber disk down inside the pump handle. if it is removed you get the proper stroke.

I am curious, what do you need the detent for? is it something to do with the mod or is it just for testing?
I cut the detents such that they produce less drag on the bolt. I rather mod the detents than to mod the bolt.

I found I like the extra clearance on the pump guide allows most people to stop pumping before hitting a hard stop. Which makes it a better feeling pump stroke. But your are right it is not necessary.

My MCB Feedback

mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » Dealers Forum