mcarterbrown.com  

Dealers Forum Paintball Dealer? Having a Special? Let us know here.

Old 08-10-2006, 09:07 AM   #11 (permalink)
Rec Poster

He he....yeah, it sounds like you've worn one for a living like I have. The car is the most uncomfortable place to wear a holster, not only sitting down, but I remember my patrol car's steering wheel had chunks of foam missing out of it because of said holster
A swivel could be possible. I've done a couple of multi-postions rigs for a department in the past...it swiveled and locked in for different carrying postions like; FBI cant forward, cross draw on the left side and even rotated to be used for a small of the back holster. The PB pistols being as big as they are, I doubt I could get it to do all of that, but a swivel is a possibility...

Chaos,
Do you have a couple of pics of the CIP Super Stock??? I am not familiar with that..

Quote:
Originally Posted by shartley
I have used both the hip and thigh holsters and honestly, I prefer the hip with a swivel over the thigh. My reasoning is that when you run it just moves way too much on your thigh even if you have it securely tied down. But on your hip the whole setup stays more secure (IMHO). The idea of a “quick draw” simply does not happen very often (read: seldom to ever) in real life. And with a hip holster with swivel, you can tilt the weapon forward when seated in a car and it rides comfortable as well as out of the way of your seatbelt or other things you may have.

So while the thigh offers the marker/weapon at a more relaxed arm/hand position, it just doesn’t get used in that manner often enough IMHO to warrant the extra stuff and downsides of a thigh holster.

Sure, a lot of folks like the tactical look of a thigh rig, and you see them all the time in paramilitary pictures, but as someone who has used both (for both military as well as Law Enforcement situations) I will go with a high hip holster any day over the thigh rigs… or of course a shoulder rig, for all the same reasons I listed against a thigh rig. I just think too many folks choose their setups for paintball (as well as other purposes) for how it looks, not how it actually works.

Again, good luck Windwalker on your sales, I like seeing top end products like these. And leather is just so classy and “natural”.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:21 AM   #12 (permalink)
Devious Penguin Mod

Send a message via AIM to Surge-NS

CCM Fan
Nice holsters, I especially like the Kydex. It seems many paintball companies have overlooked that material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shartley
One thing that I might suggest is that you make a
shoulder rig that has the marker on one side and on the other has a place to put extra magazines.
I have Butch from this site working on something like that right now

Aggressive! Kill!

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=50&dateline=121202619  6
Surge-NS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 09:34 AM   #13 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge-NS
Nice holsters, I especially like the Kydex. It seems many paintball companies have overlooked that material.

I have Butch from this site working on something like that right now
Yeah, Kydex is 'purt' near indestructable and is a little tricky to work with.I'd say they reason why PB companies don't is they would need to have the tooling equipment for it and some molds...either that or do everything by hand like me It's much easier for them to use nylon...

Me, I like leather for it's character and beauty...but there's a lot of people wanting the Kydex for the tactical looks it gives them and the low maintenance and that's why I offer it. The last two times I've played, I played with the kydex drop down pictured above....mainly because it's the only holster I have right now that's not already sold
Old 08-10-2006, 12:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
I'm Comin' To Getcha!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker
Chaos,
Do you have a couple of pics of the CIP Super Stock??? I am not familiar with that..
This is the only one I have handy at the moment,I'll get you more later
LPPC Member #71

Feedback
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 01:47 PM   #15 (permalink)
Devious Penguin Mod

Send a message via AIM to Surge-NS

CCM Fan
Does the Kydex rub on the anodizing at all?

I've found that the anno on the Tib's upper reciever is not very strong. It's more prone to scratching than wearing though. Luckily I haven't scratched mine yet. I was just wondering if you do anything special to protect the gun's finish when you use it.

Aggressive! Kill!

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=50&dateline=121202619  6
Surge-NS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 02:53 PM   #16 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Good question. Actually I have found the anno on mine to be quite resilient. I have made close to a dozen holsters on mine and throughout various chemicals, pressures and heat it still looks good as new. There is a sliver of daylight on the top portion between the marker and the holsters anyway to allow you to be able to pull them out,otherwise it would be so tight you couldn't pull it out and so that will allow the anno to fairly safe I believe. The front portion, near the sight may rub off throughout many years of holster draw, but that will happen on any holsters, no matter make or material. So I think you'll be fine on the wear aspect of it.
But to make a long answer short, no I do not use anything special for the guns finish. Hopefully that answers your question.
Thanks,
Old 08-11-2006, 10:39 AM   #17 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Palmer Squalls and Micro-Squalls might be some other pistols to consider making holsters for.

I would possibly be interested in one for a Squall if you did.

Very nice work, by the way.

Deadfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 03:37 PM   #18 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Nice looking pistol, yeah, I can do one but I'd need the marker for me to do the form-fitting. Shoot me an email,pm or tell me here what you've got in mind.

Here's a couple of the latest pics of finished customer orders.

Old 08-14-2006, 10:27 AM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

wow, very impressive.

what hardening process do you use for your leather? is it waxed or is it cured with a chemical treatment? and what tools did you use for the exterior tooling? it looks to me like a couple standard bevels and perhaps a graver, but cn't say for sure.

either way, really nice work!

(work heavily in leather for the SCA, waxed leather bottles and continers being one of my specialties)

Walking_Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 05:26 PM   #20 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via MSN to Frontier_Bill

Wow, I just looked at some of your knives, how much are you wanting for the damasus knives?

Danger: Reading online forums may cause irreparable damage to your faith in Humanity.
Team Rogue Cell #10
Feedback
NO'MAAM #16
Frontier_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » Dealers Forum