mcarterbrown.com  

Dealers Forum Paintball Dealer? Having a Special? Let us know here.

Old 09-04-2013, 06:24 PM   #21 (permalink)
Mag Guy

I have had 2 markers done by Roger and let me say that his work is top notch. I spared no expense on the custom machine work done to my Stormwalk Frame and Phoenix body , which is why I wanted to give powdercoat a try. Excellent finish and excellent fitment of all the parts once assembled. An Automag needs to keep tight tolerances to maintain its awesome fire power and it was in no way affected by the process. Thanks again for an amazing job.
kwik175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:47 PM   #22 (permalink)
Powder Coater

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwik175 View Post
I have had 2 markers done by Roger and let me say that his work is top notch. I spared no expense on the custom machine work done to my Stormwalk Frame and Phoenix body , which is why I wanted to give powdercoat a try. Excellent finish and excellent fitment of all the parts once assembled. An Automag needs to keep tight tolerances to maintain its awesome fire power and it was in no way affected by the process. Thanks again for an amazing job.

Thank you Jeremy! I'm looking forward to our next mag project!
Old 09-04-2013, 07:47 PM   #23 (permalink)
Pump Convert

Selling those water bottles? Haha. Coolest stuff ever. All the aluminum cans I use always wear off within a week or two.
SlvrDragon50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:51 PM   #24 (permalink)
Powder Coater

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
Selling those water bottles? Haha. Coolest stuff ever. All the aluminum cans I use always wear off within a week or two.
They are always available for sale.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:08 PM   #25 (permalink)
MCB Member

I've seen some camo finishes in the Ceramakote, can you do that?

Question number two, like Big Jim, I'm currently restoring some Nelspots. Once I have the insides done and some of the dents and dings removed and smoothed out, should I leave the existing paint on the bodies and frames and allow you to media blast them prior to the powdercoat?

Thanks, you do nice work.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:18 PM   #26 (permalink)
Powder Coater

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-SHOOTIST View Post
I've seen some camo finishes in the Ceramakote, can you do that?

Question number two, like Big Jim, I'm currently restoring some Nelspots. Once I have the insides done and some of the dents and dings removed and smoothed out, should I leave the existing paint on the bodies and frames and allow you to media blast them prior to the powdercoat?

Thanks, you do nice work.

I can do cerakoat camo, I personally prefer not to do it though as it typically is not as strong. The base coat is strong, because it bites into the blasted substrate, any layer on top of them is simple just stuck to the smooth surface of the ceramic it was sprayed on to. I WILL do it, as long as the person having it done understand it is not as strong as as a single coat.

As far as your nelspot yes you can leave the paint on there, I have a large 8 foot long blast cabinet that I can clean it off with prior to powder coating. Minor blasting like that is free with coating. Anything like an epoxy, powder coating, ceramic coating or large pieces have an additional blasting labor charge associated with them.

Thank you sir, if you have any more questions feel free to ask.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:21 AM   #27 (permalink)
boo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precision Powder View Post
As promised here is the durability test subject.

https://sphotos-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/h...59320169_n.jpg

A little background behind it.

That is a water bottle I made for my younger brother to take on the road with him while he is driving trucks. The only instructions I gave him was to not baby it. That image was taken two months after i gave it to him. That bottle has seen 60 hour work weeks, falls off houses, falls off the back of trucks into gravel, its been slammed into forklifts, thrown in and out of trucks, slid across metal flat beds, its seen just about everything the construction industry can throw at it. It has taken it like a champ, the coating just bends with the metal. Keep in mind this bottle is a SINGLE COAT ONLY, there is absolutely NO CLEAR COAT on it for added durability. The coating is still going strong and its on month 4 now.

Hopefully that answered any durability questions for everyone
Damn, that's impressive!
boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:48 AM   #28 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precision Powder View Post
I can do cerakoat camo, I personally prefer not to do it though as it typically is not as strong. The base coat is strong, because it bites into the blasted substrate, any layer on top of them is simple just stuck to the smooth surface of the ceramic it was sprayed on to. I WILL do it, as long as the person having it done understand it is not as strong as as a single coat.

As far as your nelspot yes you can leave the paint on there, I have a large 8 foot long blast cabinet that I can clean it off with prior to powder coating. Minor blasting like that is free with coating. Anything like an epoxy, powder coating, ceramic coating or large pieces have an additional blasting labor charge associated with them.

Thank you sir, if you have any more questions feel free to ask.
Awesome. I dreaded stripping them by hand. Thanks for the info, now I have to get cracking on these Nellies...........

I look forward to sending these out to you. I might even take them up personally, as I'm a former Mainer and visit regularly.

A-yuh, from West Buxton............
Old 09-05-2013, 09:58 AM   #29 (permalink)
Powder Coater

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-SHOOTIST View Post
Awesome. I dreaded stripping them by hand. Thanks for the info, now I have to get cracking on these Nellies...........

I look forward to sending these out to you. I might even take them up personally, as I'm a former Mainer and visit regularly.

A-yuh, from West Buxton............
Bring it up, I'm a few miles outside of Augusta. The shop is open to anyone that wants to stop by.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:35 AM   #30 (permalink)
MCB Member

WOW your work looks amazing!
so you have a facebook page or web sight i can save for later?

mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » Dealers Forum