mcarterbrown.com  

Dealers Forum Paintball Dealer? Having a Special? Let us know here.

Old 12-17-2013, 10:44 PM   #31 (permalink)

in for info
Kory
Kory Frantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:29 AM   #32 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_i_s_c_u_i_t View Post
Considering that the measurements were taken off of one of my ULE bodies and rails and assuming that the engineer that took these measurements knows what he's doing (he's only got a 30+ year reputation for one of the best pump markers), then yes, I'd say that these bodies are compatible with any of the mag valves.
Ah so it is made by CCI... That's the best news I've heard yet! I had my suspicions; that thing looked familiar. Any reason why Mike opted to go with the old style welded centerfeed style neck rather than the newer, adaptable stock-class to centerfeed bolt-on? Cost? Or is that still to come?

And don't hang anything on reputation; mags are a little tricky. Recent issues aside, PTP had damn good quality control in their hayday and still dropped the ball a few times even when they were working side-by-side with the guys at AGD to develop new products. So did AGD themselves for that matter. You can get away with a lot more in the way of tolerance issues when you're dealing with a Nelson valve system on a daily basis - no slight against CCI, they do a damn good job. Most mechanical marker designs are more forgiving; modern EP guns too.
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:31 AM   #33 (permalink)
I like Guns and Cigars.

They were originally designed to use the Inferno style neck as pictured on mine (remember, rental purposes). That neck used a large o-ring to grab the hopper.

Otter Customs Paintball - - - - Straight Up Cigars - - - - My Feedback
maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 12:25 PM   #34 (permalink)
Boss Lady

Unfortunately, there isn't a big enough Confidentiality Agreement to cover forums on the internet, so much of the speculation on this and other threads will not be addressed.

As on several (not all) of our products, the Helios has been touched by many hands behind the scenes. We strive to bring quality and affordability to our customers without making many mistakes, and we are blessed that we have several company owners and players across the U.S. who are willing to work with us on developing projects. We are a small company seeking stability, longevity and profitability in a wildly unpredictable market and so yes, we absolutely do work closely with companies and individuals who have incredible stability, longevity and (we hope) profitability in our industry.

The Helios Automag body is a Gearheadz Paintball, LLC product line and we are proud to have it under our company name. At this time there are not plans to wholesale this product to other retailers. Any retailer interested in resale of this or any other Gearheadz product can always contact me at c.duvall@gearheadzpaintball.com to see if that is an available option, but as of the time of this writing the Helios is not slated for distribution beyond the Gearheadz Paintball showroom and website.

I apologize for any misinformation, and encourage anyone with questions about the Helios to contact our shop directly by e-mail (info@gearheadzpaintball.com) or by phone (503)547-0888 or by stopping by our showroom in Hillsboro, Oregon.

A product FAQ should be up and available later today, along with pricing. As soon as pricing is officially announced the Helios bodies will be available for sale in our showroom, and I expect them to be available on our online pro-store no later than Friday.

For the good of the people: Feedback Thread
GHPBwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:42 PM   #35 (permalink)
Boss Lady

Updated up top.

Old 12-19-2013, 11:16 AM   #36 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via Yahoo to wd3d

Although CCM makes great product. It seems to me that using the CCM threaded feed neck was not a good option, as it will greatly limit the choice of style and color that one can get.
wd3d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:14 PM   #37 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I ordered mine with a clamping feed neck. I happened to be looking at ordering a ULE body yesterday and this came up as I was looking around. I'm looking forward to checking it out and I'll report in on my setup once I've got it in and installed. From the pictures I like the clean lines and the "automag"-ish look it has. My mag is 21 years old and its about time it got some new parts aside from some o-rings...
williamk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 03:34 PM   #38 (permalink)
Boss Lady

Thank you all who have ordered a Helios body! We have 2 black and 2 red bodies left as of this morning. Although our shop will be closed for the holiday through New Year's Day (closing up tonight at 7pm PST for a week off), if you order a Helios I will be making special trips to get them shipped within 48 hours of purchase.

Once we are sold out, we will not be getting more bodies in until sometime in January.

Old 12-30-2013, 08:04 PM   #39 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via Yahoo to wd3d

I got mine in today, looks great. I ordered the all black and I couldn't even tell there was a cap around the feed neck. I hope to have it assembled and tested by the weekend.

20131230_200304.jpg

Last edited by wd3d; 12-30-2013 at 09:20 PM.
wd3d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:40 AM   #40 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I got mine all assembled and I'm just waiting on some detents. Got a CP coming as well as a Check-It. I like the check-its because they are rebuildable but I dont know if they'll fit right so I got a CP as a backup. Looks very sharp. I gotta mount my sight rail on it and install the detents and I should be ready to go this weekend.
williamk is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » Dealers Forum