mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Dealers Forum (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dealers-forum/)
-   -   Gearheadz Paintball Helios (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dealers-forum/247082-gearheadz-paintball-helios.html)

GHPBwoman 12-06-2013 04:34 PM

Gearheadz Paintball Helios

2 Attachment(s)
Helios bodies are now available for purchase at www.gearheadzpaintball.com starting at $79.95.

FAQ is below. Please contact us at:

info@gearheadzpaintball.com

(503)547-0888

1960 NE 25th Ave #21
Hillsboro, OR 97124

GHPBwoman 12-06-2013 04:34 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-d2zpZ3gxI

This post reserved for Images and video.

GHPBwoman 12-06-2013 04:35 PM

Helios FAQ:

1. Is the Helios Angel Threaded?

No Angel threading here. The body has the following threads:
Feedneck: CCM Threading.
Detent and Barrel: AutoCocker threading.

2. Is the Helios lightweight? What's it made out of, anyway?

The Helios is machined out of lightweight aluminum extrusions. It is comparable in weight to other lightweight bodies on the market.

3. How does the Helios compare to the existing ULE bodies?

The Helios's weight is comparable to the ULE body. It is also made of aluminum so that it can be anodized a variety of colors. The Helios is threaded for CCM threaded feednecks (not Angel threaded like the ULE), and is threaded for both Autococker barrels and Detents.

4. Is the Helios Anodized, or painted?

The Helios is anodized.

5. Is there an internal steel ring inside to protect the aluminum from the spring and bolt?

Yes. The body includes a Stainless Steel spring bumper as a threaded insert.

6. What other Automag parts will you be making?

As this is our first Automag product, we are not planning on immediately releasing additional parts. However, once we establish this product in the market, our staff will need to move on to new projects so that we don't just sit around playing X-Wing and Ticket to Ride. So... we'll see.

7. Will the Helios be milled for pump?

The current production runs are not planned to have pump milling. However, if there is enough of a demand (please e-mail info@gearheadzpaintball.com if you want to be counted in the "demand" pile), it is absolutely something we'll consider on future runs.

8. I have a Minimag - will these bodies work?

Yes. There should not be any difference in the mounting of the Mini's and standard Mags, so the Helios should work just fine. The Helios is compatible with all standard valves and rails available on the market.

9. What colors and quantities of the Helios will be available?

At initial launch we will only have Gloss Black and a very few Gloss Red bodies available. In the coming weeks we should be receiving more red and some Gloss Blue bodies as well. Other colors may be added in later production runs based on demand. Please email info@gearheadzpaintball.com to let us know what colors or features you would like to see.

10. Why does the Helios body only have 1 detent?

The short answer is cost. The Helios was initially designed to outfit a field’s rental fleet. Cost was the driving factors behind many of the features implemented in the Helios. We can add the option for a 2nd detent in a later production run. Again, only if demand is high enough and the additional cost can be tolerated at retail pricing.

Jaccen 12-07-2013 09:13 AM

If the pic is related, it looks like it's Automag something or other.

I'm intrigued :)

GHPBwoman 12-07-2013 10:46 AM

The suspense is killing me! ;)

volunteer paintball 12-07-2013 11:49 AM

Well when the suspend kills you to the point of letting someone know, I have an ear and I "swear" not to tell.

Or you could just come out with it.

GHPBwoman 12-07-2013 12:23 PM

We are wrapping up the few last details. More info will be coming out on them in the coming days as we finalize our initial run and things start coming in from anno.

GHPBwoman 12-12-2013 08:33 PM

We're working on product release photos TODAY! Waiting on some parts to come back from anno...

PistolRogue 12-13-2013 10:54 AM

From FB pics it looks like a classic-style mag body with a threaded feedneck, I'm assuming cocker barrel threads, and ball/spring style detents. Not my cup of tea necessarily but I can definitely see it having a market among Classic owners looking to modernize a bit.

TyeStick 12-13-2013 10:22 PM

I'm curious to know what type of threading is used for the feedneck, and detents. I'll keep my fingers crossed with hoping they're not Angel threaded.