mcarterbrown.com

Dealers Forum Paintball Dealer? Having a Special? Let us know here.

Old 05-06-2008, 10:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
call me H8 for short

New H8TR thread

Got lots of requests to start a new thread so here it is. My machinist is looking at possible solutions to the scrapped parts and am also exploring the electro possibility. I have not received an answer from taiwan on the replacement receivers and will be contacting other possible sources for these. I have a reliable supplier in Delaware that has given me some good prices on other parts, I will see what he can do for me. Thanks for the patience in this project. I am seriously doing all I can to get this out the door and I am so far into this that there is no turning back.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/a...number-104.jpg

ASK ME ABOUT MY 5 YEAR PLAN TO FINISH YOUR MARKERS! NOW TAKING ORDERS FOR THE NEXT H8TR BUILD, TO BE COMPLETED JUNE 2019!

Last edited by davidwirth; 01-03-2009 at 10:16 PM.
davidwirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 06:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
65%More Bullet Per Bullet

I do not know if anyone has already asked this or not. So, I will.

I understand that your taiwaneese manufacturer mangled the receivers. And that the pin placements for the trigger group are off to the point of total malfunction.

So, here's the question: Is there a compelling reason not to save those annoed, 90% receivers, and sell them slightly discounted as 'airsmith specials' much like the Merlin Blanks that Airsoldier sells?
Somewhat like AGD selling the Sluggo bodies, That became so popular once people figured out what they could do with them.

Maybe I'm the only one that wants to put a H8TR in a nice Mini-14 stock, with a Blackheart board telling it what to do.
Tohri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 06:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
call me H8 for short

Yeah, we were discussing in the old thread about being able to make them into E-guns.

ASK ME ABOUT MY 5 YEAR PLAN TO FINISH YOUR MARKERS! NOW TAKING ORDERS FOR THE NEXT H8TR BUILD, TO BE COMPLETED JUNE 2019!
Old 05-07-2008, 06:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
call me H8 for short

What actually would you be looking to purchase? everything but the internals? (trigger pieces 4-way power unit?

Old 05-07-2008, 09:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

I'd love to purchase a fixer-upper (everything north of the Ram, for example) so the gun could be run on a 4way noid, or an air piloted maximatic.

Honestly, I see no reason besides the purely Viceral that there needs be a form of mechanical timing on the H8's Ram, But that's from a mere mortal's POV, not the damn thing's Lord and creator. I'm just saying that You know better than I do if it can be slaved through a direct trigger interface into a Standard 4-way valve.

But with Electronic boards cheap as Dirt and about as plentiful, Why not release a verson of the H8TR to people willing to play with it a bit, add their favorite Board, and 4way, and go to town?
Somewhat like the kits for an Intelliframe (Mag) that are near bolt-on for pneu-mag purposes. Toss a microswitch and a couple of generic mounting points for a Board, (or even enough meat just to drill and tap) In to the gripframe, A suitable trigger (Delrin is enough, or use A popular existing trigger geometry) And leave the rest up to us Cunning MCBers.

The tinker's Guild would go nuts with this kind of thing: A Vector based gun, that's 90% complete, That lets you choose your favorite Board, options, Trigger, Etc?

Again, maybe this is just me. But The sear drop point being that far off can be corrected, if That is all it does. The trigger group can be digitized. And we have plenty of airsmiths that would be able to do this sort of Finalization and tweaking.

A final thought: MCB, Ask yourself this. Would you go through a little extra effort, money and time, To own an Uprated Vector, Driven by a modern Board and QEVs, With one of Noxx's Brown notes on the end? I'm certain he would appriciate the Revenue created by Boart/noid installs, and Extra brown notes sold.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Thick

Send a message via AIM to HurtCow

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
I think a concern would be that people would make half-assed barely working guns off the botched h8tr bodies, and that would turn others off to them...'I saw a h8tr at the field the other day...what a piece of crap!'.

If I hurt your feelings or otherwise offended you, click here.
HurtCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 09:34 PM   #7 (permalink)

I love my messed up Engineer in training brain.

Just had a brainstorm discribing this whole problem with the Pins to my Girlfriend.
Not practical from a manufacturing POV, but not bad.

Slap the Receivers in a CnC bridgeport with a simple program: Drill the holes to correct spec, but oversize.
Take the drilled out bodies and press fit stainless bushings cut on a lathe from DOM tubing. Then fit the pins in the Correct spaces.

Extra work, I know, but possible to do in a local machine shop. If I was more local I'd even help you assemble the things.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:49 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurtCow View Post
I think a concern would be that people would make half-assed barely working guns off the botched h8tr bodies, and that would turn others off to them...'I saw a h8tr at the field the other day...what a piece of crap!'.
With a drill press and basic hand tools, I could affix a Microswitch, Trigger, Board (Say, I dunno, Shocker) And humphrey solenoid valve to a H8TR. Plenty of room inside that big ol shroud for all this electric boogaloo. Thread in some QEVs, Set the Noid dwell, and test.

Neck blowback. Bolt isn't closed when the Nelson sear Autotriggers. Shave a teensy bit off the sear with a file.

If the Vector's legacy holds true, it will not need eyes, The bolt will stop, the electro trigger will automatically reset, And be ready for the next shot, Quicker than the safety lever.

That, and something tells me that there's a certain 'Darkside' appeal to deafening Agglets with a Ramping Vector.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

Send a message via Skype™ to DSA

David Good luck with what ever you decide but PLEASE learn from what happened to Montneel Design. If you allow substandard parts out the door it will bite you in the rear down the road.
DSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 07:41 AM   #10 (permalink)
call me H8 for short

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
David Good luck with what ever you decide but PLEASE learn from what happened to Montneel Design. If you allow substandard parts out the door it will bite you in the rear down the road.
Oh yeah I know about that one. That is one reason why this has taken so much longer than anticipated.

For Tohri, that is the idea that my machinist was tossing around with me last friday. I just haven't gotten a couple out there for him to try.

mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » Dealers Forum