mcarterbrown.com  

DIY Tech Specific Tech How-To's for Customizing your Gun

Old 02-05-2010, 06:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
XYZZY

Send a message via AIM to Jaan Send a message via Yahoo to Jaan

My left handed 4+1 tactical rig...

I wasn't sure what to title this. I did this project a few years ago and so far I'm pleased with it. I didn't take any pictures of the project during construction, but it would just be boring pictures of me on a sewing machine anyway.

I know many people don't have access to a sewing machine that can sew thick material, but a lot of tailors do. My local tailor often does things for me for only $5-$10.

I wanted a simple rig for playing long games that was "modular"...meaning I could choose to go with hydration backpack or just military suspenders, or no suspenders at all.

I started off with a old Redz 4+1. The pouch was easy, I just took it off and sewed it back on upside down;

I then sewed on a couple of D rings;

I did sew together some D-rings with velcro to go on the front of the belt but I don't have pictures at the moment. My bad.

I found this very nice backpack / hydration pack that was a closeout for maybe $10. It has some nicely padded shoulder straps and some expandable pockets, and will hold 2 liters of water. It also has a detachable CD player pouch lol. As you can see from the comparison with the 140 round pod, it's small but can hold a lot of stuff. Mostly I just carry water, my wallet, and car keys.

The only modification I had to make on the backpack was to attach two hooks on the base. My tailor only charged $5 to do this;

And there you have it. The hooks work mostly when I'm running so the pack doesn't fall down.

I hope this helps someone (c:

"My happiness doesn't depend on anything. My heart is always happy. I do have anger issues though."
Jaan is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions » DIY Tech