mcarterbrown.com  

Old 08-12-2011, 08:49 PM   #21 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Most dsg's seem to be left stock, but really they are great platforms to customize
dundadun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:26 PM   #22 (permalink)
"Fidget"

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808raoul View Post
OMG that is amazing. Makes me want to get a DSG.
You mean a regular DSG doesn't make you want a DSG? Tisk tisk..

MCB FEEDBACK

4G010H3R0'S WTB THREAD

Facebook Page
4G010H3R0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:45 AM   #23 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm6rocker View Post
I have to say man, this is looking uber cool. I have to see this in person. But...something just dawned on me.

This
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e4...DSGconcept.jpg

Plus this (or something like it)
http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k...G/SSPX0951.jpg

...would be, quite possibly the most amazing DSG ever. Keep up the nice work man, I hope I run into ya on the field one of these days.
Meh, no offense to Dun but I'm not sure I'm feeling a lever on the DSG... At least not with the pistol grip choices that are available... Maybe with a stock.. I'm sure he likes it and it's his gun so more power to him. But for me I have a Phantom and a Winchester Model 1892 stock sitting in a box waiting for me to get around to making them into as close a copy of Zoe's Mare's Leg as I can, so that's another project for another time. This was intended to be something quick and easy to keep me busy while I gathered parts for that... Little did I know what I was getting into lol...
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 01:55 AM   #24 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan

it's hard for me to like stocks :P Which is why I like your dsg the most so far.

Let me know when you do get to your mare's leg, I might have a spare lever loop in the future.
dundadun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 02:01 AM   #25 (permalink)
X0317

Send a message via AIM to dm6rocker

CCM Fan
I actually think a lever would go great with your specific choice of grip, Rogue. The way it sits, it looks like it would be so natural with a nice lever on there. I'd imagine it would be a bit more like a KL, and less like a pistol gripped lever. But either way, your creation is gorgeous. I'm anxiously awaiting pictures of the finished product.

I like Dun's lever too. Very unique, but obviously not for everyone.

things for sale!
dm6rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 01:43 PM   #26 (permalink)

UPDATE!!! 8/14/2011- Added to the first post as well for those that don't want to keep up through multiple pages...

Ok, crappy weather led to my early return from the beaches of Wildwood, so I took a couple of pics to show what's been done since my first post. I WILL have more (and better, hopefully) pics shortly but the battery on the camera went dead right as I was about to snap some shots with the short feed and a 10" barrel installed.

Wooden pump is ON! It actually works right now although I haven't glued the wood to the delrin. Still have some cuts to make to both the wood and delrin to clear the Gen 3 feed's slot and retractor before I can do that though.

Apologies for the horrid lighting situation in my apartment. It's monsoon season so there's not much daylight coming from the windows to help me out. This shows the passenger side and a line marked on the pump where I have to cut it to clear the feed.

I was doing my best to NOT cut into the checkering, but unfortunately, the only way to get the short feed to fit was to get the pump handle back as far as possible onto the original handle. That meant having to notch in for the bottom pump arm... The cut still needs to finish sanding and such but I ran out of time.

Closer shot of the area that needs to be trimmed to clear the feed.

Hacked-up delrin pump installed into the Mossberg pump.

Some of the clearancing I had to do to get the hacked pump to fit. It might not look like a lot but this was some very time consuming trial and error. PITA I say...

Another detail shot of the clearancing...

This is what you have to make the pump handle look like to fit inside the pump. Originally I was going to leave the part the pump arms attach to untouched and let the wood stick off the front a bit, for simplicity's sake, but sure enough that didn't work with the short feed system, so I had to butcher it even further. Also had to mill down a bit of the upper arm and re-sink the holes for the cone-head screws to get them flush.

If I hadn't milled the arm down, I'd have been cutting it way too close and making the wood pump way too thin in that spot for comfort. Thankfully the raw milled portion is hidden by the pump handle when it's installed so no exposed aluminum!

This is a really good one to demonstrate just how much had to be cut off even the back end of the pump. The lower arm doesn't have a notch to sit in at all anymore, it's just held on by the two screws.

Well that's it for now, I'll give the camera battery a while to charge and come back with more pics with the wood handle and the short feed installed with the 10" barrel.
FEEDBACK
Old 08-14-2011, 04:38 PM   #27 (permalink)

Ok, and the short feed pics:

FEEDBACK
Old 08-14-2011, 04:44 PM   #28 (permalink)
X0317

Send a message via AIM to dm6rocker

CCM Fan
Looks absolutely amazing, Rogue. The shorter feed absolutely makes it.

When I get my hands on another DSG, I may have to beg and plead for you to do some work on it. I just bought a Gen3 short feed and pump, so the gears are already turning.

things for sale!
dm6rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 04:46 PM   #29 (permalink)
Ask me about my

so awesome.
So this has pretty much convinced me to get a dsg, just to do this to it.
Designer of the first legit looking ego pump, the EgoP!
BUY IT HERE!!

Tinkerer/ Pump lover
Team Akkadian Paintball Squad
OK D-Day '09 - German 716th IR
FEAR THE TREES!
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post1067010
Skibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:43 PM   #30 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Awesome. I've got a chopped stock on my DSG as well...the trigger feels more comfortable after removing some of the tang to bring its rest position rearward and adding a forward stop.

russc is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Dukie