mcarterbrown.com  

Old 02-20-2012, 07:06 PM   #51 (permalink)
Deluxe super psychedelic

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder View Post
Sten gun possibly with some kind of chain feed mag system using some kind of rack (like rack and pinion steering) On the side of the bolt to keep up with an insane fire rate?
Some sort of remaining of the smg 68 would be great! Perhaps one that runs on hpa?

Photo blog: http://bluemorocco.blogspot.com/
If you are straight with me, I am straight with you : http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Created by Shade, stolen from foughtwolf's sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by splatmaster12 View Post
If I didn't play pump I wouldn't play, simple as that.
wrongbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:04 PM   #52 (permalink)
Sorry, that's classified.

I'm not saying you have to change your shotgun style dukie but kel-tec makes an interesting design for the ksg. Dual tubes below the barrel [more paint ] and the action at the rear for the 12ies. It would make an interesting design concept.

Or maybe instead of a whole new marker, shroud kits? to get that aggressive look, Like this revolver from killzone.
Donut SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:11 PM   #53 (permalink)
more gooder

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
I didn't say it would be. I simply said making a full-on rifle would be too much like CCM is doing. I said I liked the idea of a Phantom FS/mag feed exactly because it WAS different enough from CCM's idea where I feel it's perfectly fair game.

Jeez CJ, read the post more carefully next time

Edit- The only thing I'm thinking is it may require a custom bolt as well, since most purpose built FS markers have a distinct taper to the bolt so that it pushes the flat in the midsection of the round instead of pushing on the fins themselves. I'd like to see it feed from the bottom too as I would imagine it would be less prone to jamming that way but you obviously couldn't retain the stock phantom pump arm arrangement that way.
If i were to go with it I would eliminate the pump arm on the bottom. Doesn't mean it couldn't use a phantom pump, just the arm wouldn't be on the bottom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PAINTBALL NINJA View Post
Break-action shotgun. I would buy that instantly no matter the cost!!!
Maybe an OU at some point. It needs some more thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruickid View Post
My Two votes would be:

- Break Action Over Under Shotgun
- Bolt Action... DSG I guess would be the best platform.
See above
I'm think in a dsg would look silly as a bolt action. The bolt is way too far forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkanese View Post
It would be a lot easier to make a FS mag fed pump with a bore drop Nelson instead of the Phantom.

But something with dukie's new frame and a TPX mag up front would be pretty cool.
There are ways around it with a phantom bolt. A bore drop would be nicer from the chambering point of view though. That's just leaves the tracer as a possibility though. I may make a trip to the local store tommorow to try something with a tracer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder View Post
Sten gun possibly with some kind of chain feed mag system using some kind of rack (like rack and pinion steering) On the side of the bolt to keep up with an insane fire rate?
An insane rate of fire means either an absurdly long chain or an extremely short duration of fire. Closely followed with a long reloading time. A steady relatively quick rate of fire would be better.

I haven't given up on my chain feed idea though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongbloke View Post
Some sort of remaining of the smg 68 would be great! Perhaps one that rs on hpa?
Noooooo. No remanufacturing of ancient out of production parts. What happens if one goes south?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut SD View Post
http://www.lesjones.com/www/images/posts/ksg.jpg

I'm not saying you have to change your shotgun style dukie but kel-tec makes an interesting design for the ksg. Dual tubes below the barrel [more paint ] and the action at the rear for the 12ies. It would make an interesting design concept.

http://images.wikia.com/killzone/ima...4_Revolver.jpg

Or maybe instead of a whole new marker, shroud kits? to get that aggressive look, Like this revolver from killzone.
If you can't hit them with 20, how does an extra twenty help lol.

There aren't enough drv's out there to make shroud kits feasible. Its completely doable but I think would end up being unrealistically priced due to small numbers.
dukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:46 PM   #54 (permalink)
"Fidget"

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
something like this based of the havoc design perhaps, a tank as a stock(kinda like the T9.1's. Wouldnt have to hold 6 nerfs

some sort of uzi or mac11 type of marker would be cool but in 68cal. the mag wouldnt have to hold 30 or anything. Hell using the existing Tiberius extended mags would be cool just something super compact but with full auto capabilities.

The smg from halo would be cool too..or something similar. Maybe like a 20rd spring feed on the side.
4G010H3R0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:47 PM   #55 (permalink)
Present

CCM Fan
So is that a no on the mag-fed ion/aura body kit? It could be made of delrin to save money/weight, and the tubular design could easily integrate a suppressor(which wouldn't work on its own, since the body would close one of the ends).

If you are what you eat, then isn't cannibalism the way to go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
barrels are like women - everyone likes them for their subtle differences and personal preferences. ALthough at this price, they cost substantially less than women.

(caution: barrels are not like women, do NOT insert your p3nis into a barrel)
ComradeBenedict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:54 PM   #56 (permalink)
Deluxe super psychedelic

Brass N Wood Fan
On the smg idea I typed that on my iPad earlier and it autocorrected it badly. What I meant to say was a re-imagining of the smg68. Something in the same style but original in its own right. No using old parts etc.

Photo blog: http://bluemorocco.blogspot.com/
If you are straight with me, I am straight with you : http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Created by Shade, stolen from foughtwolf's sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by splatmaster12 View Post
If I didn't play pump I wouldn't play, simple as that.
wrongbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:10 PM   #57 (permalink)
more gooder

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4G010H3R0 View Post
something like this based of the havoc design perhaps, a tank as a stock(kinda like the T9.1's. Wouldnt have to hold 6 nerfs
http://files.turbosquid.com/Preview/...f408Larger.jpg

some sort of uzi or mac11 type of marker would be cool but in 68cal. the mag wouldnt have to hold 30 or anything. Hell using the existing Tiberius extended mags would be cool just something super compact but with full auto capabilities.

https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/im...2ArBfp9AXcHmyo
The smg from halo would be cool too..or something similar. Maybe like a 20rd spring feed on the side.
The launcher was what I was talking about earlier marrying a havoc valve to an airsoft revolving launcher.

The second one is just plain old funny looking so no lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeBenedict View Post
So is that a no on the mag-fed ion/aura body kit? It could be made of delrin to save money/weight, and the tubular design could easily integrate a suppressor(which wouldn't work on its own, since the body would close one of the ends).
I might do something ion based in the future just because they are cheap as dirt, easy to get and so modular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongbloke View Post
On the smg idea I typed that on my iPad earlier and it autocorrected it badly. What I meant to say was a re-imagining of the smg68. Something in the same style but original in its own right. No using old parts etc.
But belt fed! Or maybe may fed, I dunno.
dukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:00 AM   #58 (permalink)
HUG?!

Brass N Wood Fan
Bold action fs phantom whatever... just name your price :P
Acidpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:20 AM   #59 (permalink)

Realistically I'd say bolt action first strike "sniper"
tmaclax013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:00 AM   #60 (permalink)

for the sten gun I was imagining smallish mags sticking out of the side like on a sten gun but with the balls being forced down the mag by a follower on a chain that gets pulled down the mag by some kind of ratchet powered by the action of the bolt, to reload take the mag out, drag the follower back to the end of the mag and pour more paint in. Was trying to imagine a system that didn't use a spring so you could have a decent capacity without putting too much pressure on the stack when it's full.

Or a 10 round stack of balls spring fed but with a second lot of ten in a tube next to it with a hole between the two at the end of the mag like on agents smiths blow back pistols, then when the first ten are fired pull back the spring, shake the second lot into the mag, maybe with some kind of feed gate to refill the reserve mag up.

EDIT - been thinking about this for a couple of hours - realised the the idea above ignores a small thing called gravity so started to think of otherways to acheive it and ended up reinventing the 40 round rapide magazines!

Last edited by Cannon Fodder; 02-21-2012 at 10:50 AM. Reason: thought of something else
Cannon Fodder is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Dukie