mcarterbrown.com  

Old 07-16-2012, 06:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sorry, that's classified.

DSG Stock bolt / screw threads

Hello DSG owners, I've gotten a hogue stock to replace my pistol grip. This question is for those that have done the same. What size / thread screw are you using in your stock?

For sale!--->Polished clear and pink Luxe 2.0, TiPX (to be posted...), Works project (to be posted...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay View Post
Shoulda Gone to Bacci.
Donut SD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
more gooder

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut SD View Post
Hello DSG owners, I've gotten a hogue stock to replace my pistol grip. This question is for those that have done the same. What size / thread screw are you using in your stock?
5/16"-18, length depends on what you need. The stock should have come with one.
My Feedback
first strike pez dispensers in stock - pm me!
dukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

The stock I got didn't unfortunately. It was one of those "use the bolt from your last stock" setups. Funny though I got it straight from hogue. They have me a washer for the bolt but no bolt. I emailed them too, awaiting a response. If they can't help me I'll look for the size you gave me dukie, thanks.

For sale!--->Polished clear and pink Luxe 2.0, TiPX (to be posted...), Works project (to be posted...)
Quote:
Shoulda Gone to Bacci.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
more gooder

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut SD View Post
The stock I got didn't unfortunately. It was one of those "use the bolt from your last stock" setups. Funny though I got it straight from hogue. They have me a washer for the bolt but no bolt. I emailed them too, awaiting a response. If they can't help me I'll look for the size you gave me dukie, thanks.
Its the length that can be troublesome on some stocks. I had a mossberg wood stock that had an 8-10" long bolt through it. I wasn't buying a box of those lol.
My Feedback
first strike pez dispensers in stock - pm me!
dukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:57 AM   #5 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Some places actually sell stock-length screws for the mossbergs on Ebay for relatively decent prices. I wound up paying $3 for one shipped to my door since I was lazy and didn't feel like trawling the hardware store.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:02 AM   #6 (permalink)

@ dukie, yeah it seems that would be my struggle is finding the correct length. A quick search yielded that a 5.5 inch one was for my type of stock.

@ pistol rogue, dayum $3? I know I'm lazy. But I live near some hardware stores. But then something may be slightly off in length even though I'll find one for a buck or so. That $3 is sounding better because I don't have tools to turn down or cut metal or anything at my house. I guess convenience has its price.

Quote:
Shoulda Gone to Bacci.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

My biggest thing is that the hardware stores around here never seem to have oddball stuff like super-long bolts like that. So I could spend half an hour looking around in bins or just pay the $3 and have something I know will work shipped to my door.

Actually, come to think of it, since I don't need that screw anymore since my gas through build wound up carving out a lot more wood than I though it was going to... If you want it, it's yours, just send me your shipping info. No charge.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:45 PM   #8 (permalink)

Looks like a pm coming your way, thanks pistolrogue

Quote:
Shoulda Gone to Bacci.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:16 PM   #9 (permalink)

Hey PR the bolt came in today thanks again! She's purdy now and comfortable.

Quote:
Shoulda Gone to Bacci.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Dukie