mcarterbrown.com  

Old 09-11-2012, 06:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
more gooder

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidpaintball View Post
Yeah but I have taken the feed tube all apart and was 100% clean when it broke on the 7th shot.

I cleaned it and ran with the short tube and ran fine.

Also could be that the high quality paint i purchased was junk. I know when I tried to run Marb's in it and the first shot broke. Next day... the 3rd shot broke. I just assumed it was the paint. So I got new paint.. which I think was some Valken paintballs.

I know when I was out and playing I chopped a ball in the breach then next pump it quad loaded into the barrel. I said F it and shot it... I laughed so hard cuz of the green spray that came out of the barrel. The tree in front of me looked like it sneezed.... or other.

When I showed up to the field the owner of the field was giving the briefing I came about half way though his speech and he stopped, looked at my marker and said "That is a pretty gun." With his train of though gone all he could do is repeat himself a few times... LOL

I think I should have it figured out this weekend. I just hope it is just something simple and stupid like crap paint.

ok try this - shoot it gangsta ( ) and watch what the balls are doing while you pump it. Look for the ballstack to move and stop at exactly the same spot each time you pump. don't try to do this on the field.

are you getting chops? as in partial feeds into the breech? or breaks somewhere after the bolt? IE in the barrel, at the barrel interface etc. You can tell when you crunch one in the barrel interface. Its hard to pump and then it goes crunch and goes squishy. If you think you might have crushed one just back the bolt enough to see its tip before you shoot.

you can also test the feed by just taking your barrel off and pumping away ( no gas no firing).
My Feedback
first strike pez dispensers in stock - pm me!
dukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

If you're managing to load four balls into the breech at once, you're barrel fit is entirely too loose.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:23 AM   #13 (permalink)
Sorry, that's classified.

The creator just said to shoot it gangsta. I think we're on to something here...

For sale!--->Polished clear and pink Luxe 2.0, TiPX (to be posted...), Works project (to be posted...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay View Post
Shoulda Gone to Bacci.™
Donut SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:20 PM   #14 (permalink)
DonkeyPunchTheNightAway

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
I know when I was out and playing I chopped a ball in the breach then next pump it quad loaded into the barrel. I said F it and shot it... I laughed so hard cuz of the green spray that came out of the barrel. The tree in front of me looked like it sneezed.... or other.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
If you're managing to load four balls into the breech at once, you're barrel fit is entirely too loose.
The feed tube was lubed up with paint when that happen.

Dont worry I will get it figured out this weekend. Cant chrono at night, nor see anything else in the dark on what is going on.

But I just find it strange that I only have issues when i use the long feed tube. So I will do as the all seeing creator has suggested and go gangsta. WORD.
Acidpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
more gooder

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
The feed tube was lubed up with paint when that happen.

Dont worry I will get it figured out this weekend. Cant chrono at night, nor see anything else in the dark on what is going on.

But I just find it strange that I only have issues when i use the long feed tube. So I will do as the all seeing creator has suggested and go gangsta. WORD.
I find it wierd as well, thats why i am leaning towards something screwing with its free travel.
My Feedback
Old 09-13-2012, 12:46 PM   #16 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
It took me a while to learn how to pump the DSG. I was not used to spring feeds. At one point I somehow loaded 4 balls into the barrel and laughed my butt off when I pulled the trigger and watched 4 balls head down range!

I also did this with my S6 when I attempted to AT and forgot to hold the trigger down.
Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:23 AM   #17 (permalink)
Sixfootsix

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilgar View Post
At one point I somehow loaded 4 balls into the barrel and laughed my butt off when I pulled the trigger and watched 4 balls head down range!
Thats the way to bunker.

Feedback Youtube Channel
Waylost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:05 PM   #18 (permalink)
DonkeyPunchTheNightAway

Brass N Wood Fan
OK I finally had some time to get my dsg outside and test it.

I chrono'd the marker @ 285-287... Good enough for me.

So I was able to get 35 paintballs though it before it started to multi feed again. I was doing what Dukie suggested with Gangsta style shooting. Well when it multi fed I watched it push a few balls into the marker fast. I knew this would break paint in the barrel, but I fired anyways.

After I cleaned it I tried putting a ball into the barrel by hand. Fit snuggish. Next ball I put into the barrel it loose. Sure enough it was the paint not being consistent. So I kept doing this with the whole tube of paint. Typically they where all fitting snug, but a random one was too lose.

So it was just a luck of the draw when I put the short feed tube on the dsg and never broke paint..... which now I feel like I wasted luck on that instead of a darn lotto ticket.. :\
Old 09-15-2012, 08:07 PM   #19 (permalink)
more gooder

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
OK I finally had some time to get my dsg outside and test it.

I chrono'd the marker @ 285-287... Good enough for me.

So I was able to get 35 paintballs though it before it started to multi feed again. I was doing what Dukie suggested with Gangsta style shooting. Well when it multi fed I watched it push a few balls into the marker fast. I knew this would break paint in the barrel, but I fired anyways.

After I cleaned it I tried putting a ball into the barrel by hand. Fit snuggish. Next ball I put into the barrel it loose. Sure enough it was the paint not being consistent. So I kept doing this with the whole tube of paint. Typically they where all fitting snug, but a random one was too lose.

So it was just a luck of the draw when I put the short feed tube on the dsg and never broke paint..... which now I feel like I wasted luck on that instead of a darn lotto ticket.. :\
Lol. figures.

You have two identical springs in those springfeeds. cut some off one and see if it works better for you. you can always put it in the short feed
My Feedback
Old 09-15-2012, 09:30 PM   #20 (permalink)
DonkeyPunchTheNightAway

Brass N Wood Fan
Well before I start hacking this thing up... I want to try new paint out and maybe a new barrel.... with freak inserts.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Dukie