mcarterbrown.com  

Old 09-09-2012, 10:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
HUG?!

Brass N Wood Fan
:\ Pump chopping?

I went to play with my new dsg... The 19+ tube straight chop paint. I am assuming maybe the spring is to tight. Then later today I had problems with it multi balls feeding into my barrel/breach. The barrel is pretty tight on the balls but I think it was properly fit to barrel. So, I dont think it was the barrel, but I dont have another autococker barrel laying around right now to test.

Final game I put the smaller mag for the dsg on and 100% no issues while I used it. I am at a loss. Ideas?
Acidpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
more gooder

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidpaintball View Post
I went to play with my new dsg... The 19+ tube straight chop paint. I am assuming maybe the spring is to tight. Then later today I had problems with it multi balls feeding into my barrel/breach. The barrel is pretty tight on the balls but I think it was properly fit to barrel. So, I dont think it was the barrel, but I dont have another autococker barrel laying around right now to test.

Final game I put the smaller mag for the dsg on and 100% no issues while I used it. I am at a loss. Ideas?
Its not the spring, its the same spring in both. shorten one if you want.

If you are getting chops AND multiple feeds i would look at your paint. either football shaped or random sizes (small, large, small, small). multiple feeds come from small paint combimed with a loose bore. chops can only happen with large or largely out of round paint. plus remeber that the last 2 rounds are always rock and cock, the follower cant turn a corner. most people tend to chop then until they get used to it.
dukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
HUG?!

Brass N Wood Fan
After I cleaned my marker I took it outside and tested it.

Long feed tube: Ball broke about the 7th shot.

Cleaned it.

Short feed tube: 30 shots and no breaks.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
more gooder

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
After I cleaned my marker I took it outside and tested it.

Long feed tube: Ball broke about the 7th shot.

Cleaned it.

Short feed tube: 30 shots and no breaks.
well that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

barrel break or breech chop? Can you flip your marker to the right or left each time you cock it and see what the balls are doing? wether they are not feeding in fully, more than one ball feeding in, etc.

Do you have your fingers in the feed retractor slot when you pump?
Old 09-10-2012, 09:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
HUG?!

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukie View Post
well that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

barrel break or breech chop? Can you flip your marker to the right or left each time you cock it and see what the balls are doing? wether they are not feeding in fully, more than one ball feeding in, etc.

Do you have your fingers in the feed retractor slot when you pump?
I did check my balls out today and they all looked round as they should. Maybe my balls need to be harder.... Man the last two sentences are just soo sig worthy. Anyways I will check into your suggestions later in the week, most likely the weekend.

I think I will go and attend to my poison ivy now....
Old 09-10-2012, 10:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
more gooder

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
I did check my balls out today and they all looked round as they should. Maybe my balls need to be harder.... Man the last two sentences are just soo sig worthy. Anyways I will check into your suggestions later in the week, most likely the weekend.

I think I will go and attend to my poison ivy now....
Lol

Also check that the feed follower is moving smoothly. maybe there is a piece of dirt, a chip, or a burr inside or one one of the edges and the follower is getting slowed down. migt be just enough that i didnt see it in the shop, but its just sticky enoug to give a partial feed on the field..... And then promptly a chop. screw on the follower, screw at the tip in the slot. dissasemble and inspect.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
Sorry, that's classified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukie View Post
Lol

Also check that the feed follower is moving smoothly. maybe there is a piece of dirt, a chip, or a burr inside or one one of the edges and the follower is getting slowed down. migt be just enough that i didnt see it in the shop, but its just sticky enoug to give a partial feed on the field..... And then promptly a chop. screw on the follower, screw at the tip in the slot. dissasemble and inspect.
Good call dukie. I had a ball break in the feed tube and I didn't clean it right away. Btw valken rec paint turns to chalky goop in a matter of minutes. That's what happened to me, so it wasn't feeding properly. Cleaned her up, good to go.

My other ball jam/chop/break/double feed issue came because I tried using old warped paint. On pushing the pump forward I totally sliced one in half lol. Then double fed and both blew up in the barrel like you wouldn't believe. It's my fault in the end but I laughed because the resulting shot seriously looked like a paint shotgun round. Just this massive spray.....lol

Afterwards it required a good cleaning and everything is hunky-dory. I hope you get yours worked out acid.
Donut SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:44 AM   #8 (permalink)
more gooder

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut SD View Post
Good call dukie. I had a ball break in the feed tube and I didn't clean it right away. Btw valken rec paint turns to chalky goop in a matter of minutes. That's what happened to me, so it wasn't feeding properly. Cleaned her up, good to go.

My other ball jam/chop/break/double feed issue came because I tried using old warped paint. On pushing the pump forward I totally sliced one in half lol. Then double fed and both blew up in the barrel like you wouldn't believe. It's my fault in the end but I laughed because the resulting shot seriously looked like a paint shotgun round. Just this massive spray.....lol

Afterwards it required a good cleaning and everything is hunky-dory. I hope you get yours worked out acid.
yeah broken paint in the feed and breech is a nightmare!

With a little trouble shooting I should be able to get this sorted remotely. If not it can always come back to me to look at.

I had one break in testing all of them, but it was a barrel break about halfway down.

I had some mighty big differences in paint size. some would roll out and some would be hard to stuff in the barrel. so much for "quality" paint lol.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:49 AM   #9 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Shots to the feed tube, or dirt can ruin your day real quick if you don't take care of it immediately. Most times, simply emptying the paint out of the tube and working the follower back and forth by hand will be enough to get any dirt or debris out, but if you've got broken/splattered paint in there, take the feed off and run a fuzzy swab through it a couple of times.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
HUG?!

Brass N Wood Fan
Yeah but I have taken the feed tube all apart and was 100% clean when it broke on the 7th shot.

I cleaned it and ran with the short tube and ran fine.

Also could be that the high quality paint i purchased was junk. I know when I tried to run Marb's in it and the first shot broke. Next day... the 3rd shot broke. I just assumed it was the paint. So I got new paint.. which I think was some Valken paintballs.

I know when I was out and playing I chopped a ball in the breach then next pump it quad loaded into the barrel. I said F it and shot it... I laughed so hard cuz of the green spray that came out of the barrel. The tree in front of me looked like it sneezed.... or other.

When I showed up to the field the owner of the field was giving the briefing I came about half way though his speech and he stopped, looked at my marker and said "That is a pretty gun." With his train of though gone all he could do is repeat himself a few times... LOL

I think I should have it figured out this weekend. I just hope it is just something simple and stupid like crap paint.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Dukie