mcarterbrown.com

Old 10-22-2013, 05:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Pistol-Play Geek

Want to get rid of DRV, but it may need a fix first

I believe I have a 2nd Gen DRV. Serial #111 (Yay Repeating digits, BOO I have to sell it)

It's probably the only marker I want to hang on to, but I can't get the machining done to fix it. First, I can't get my hands on a decent adhesive to hold in the o-ring for the power tube seal. And after some polishing, I realized that the powertubes sealing face isn't perfectly flat anymore. It will usually just blow out the ring with every shot and get it stuck in the open holes on the powertube. I've gone through several times trying to fix it.

From what I can tell, a new seal and a powertube are about the only problems. I have the o-rings, but can't seem to find the right adhesive. It could even be a problem of my own set times. THe powertube is stainless steel, so I would feel ashamed that one couldn't just keep the current powertube and fix it.

I'm financially in a band and can't hold on to much. Downsizing for a move, and I figured this would be the marker that MCarterBrown want's to see back on the field.

Any suggestions as to what to do? I'm not really gonna list it quite yet, but I'm highly interested if it would be "going to a good home" so to speak.

I figure Dukie himself might have some words of wisdom at a time like this.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
more gooder

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsaBerdahl View Post
I believe I have a 2nd Gen DRV. Serial #111 (Yay Repeating digits, BOO I have to sell it)

It's probably the only marker I want to hang on to, but I can't get the machining done to fix it. First, I can't get my hands on a decent adhesive to hold in the o-ring for the power tube seal. And after some polishing, I realized that the powertubes sealing face isn't perfectly flat anymore. It will usually just blow out the ring with every shot and get it stuck in the open holes on the powertube. I've gone through several times trying to fix it.

From what I can tell, a new seal and a powertube are about the only problems. I have the o-rings, but can't seem to find the right adhesive. It could even be a problem of my own set times. THe powertube is stainless steel, so I would feel ashamed that one couldn't just keep the current powertube and fix it.

I'm financially in a band and can't hold on to much. Downsizing for a move, and I figured this would be the marker that MCarterBrown want's to see back on the field.

Any suggestions as to what to do? I'm not really gonna list it quite yet, but I'm highly interested if it would be "going to a good home" so to speak.

I figure Dukie himself might have some words of wisdom at a time like this.
If you polished the powertube and hit the sealing face you might have buggered it. It cpuld be faced off again on a lathe but it will probablt continue to blow out the orings.

You need to be using urethane orings. Buna just wont work at all.

You cant get loctite brand adhesive over there? EDIT apparently down ther would be more appropriate.
My Feedback
first strike pez dispensers in stock - pm me!

Last edited by dukie; 10-22-2013 at 06:26 PM.
dukie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Pistol-Play Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukie View Post
If you polished the powertube and hit the sealing face you might have buggered it. It cpuld be faced off again on a lathe but it will probablt continue to blow out the orings.

You need to be using urethane orings. Buna just wont work at all.

You cant get loctite brand adhesive over there? EDIT apparently down ther would be more appropriate.
I made sure I purchased urethane o-rings. We did discuss that back when it was just my o-ring that was blowing out, nothing seemed the matter with the powertube. Yeah, pretty sure I might have gone and buggered up the sealing face. I don't own any precision tools do repair that kind of a problem.

I was using the loctite brand precision super glue(green pack). I let it set for 48 hours before trying it. I couldn't find much else, and I'm afraid of what to use other than that.

I'd rather not sell a non-functioning paintball marker. I'd rather not sell it at all really, but money is tight and it's one of my most valuable possessions.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
more gooder

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
I made sure I purchased urethane o-rings. We did discuss that back when it was just my o-ring that was blowing out, nothing seemed the matter with the powertube. Yeah, pretty sure I might have gone and buggered up the sealing face. I don't own any precision tools do repair that kind of a problem.

I was using the loctite brand precision super glue(green pack). I let it set for 48 hours before trying it. I couldn't find much else, and I'm afraid of what to use other than that.

I'd rather not sell a non-functioning paintball marker. I'd rather not sell it at all really, but money is tight and it's one of my most valuable possessions.
Wrong one. The one I was using is the black with blue gel bottle. Or black with silver. Havent looked in a while.
My Feedback
Old 10-22-2013, 10:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Pistol-Play Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukie View Post
Wrong one. The one I was using is the black with blue gel bottle. Or black with silver. Havent looked in a while.
I really gotta find the right one. If I could fin a local mill, I would get the powertube corrected and keep the DRV. Last thing I wanna sell. Please give me a specific. I don't have a lot to throw around trying different ones. I really don't mean to sound pushy or rude, just wanna get it right.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
more gooder

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
I really gotta find the right one. If I could fin a local mill, I would get the powertube corrected and keep the DRV. Last thing I wanna sell. Please give me a specific. I don't have a lot to throw around trying different ones. I really don't mean to sound pushy or rude, just wanna get it right.
There a photo in a thread about it, but I cant remember what I called it lol.

Ill look tommorrow
My Feedback
Old 10-23-2013, 07:20 AM   #7 (permalink)
more gooder

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
black bottle, blue accents. super glue gel control. the funny looking bottle where you squeeze the 2 blue ribbed panels on the side to dispense the super glue.

clean first, both valve body and oring ( i use alcohol). apply glue in groove and spread around. press in ring squarely. wipe off any excess glue from the surface. put valve back in press and hold ( *squarely*) for another 24 hours.

I say squarely becauase if the oring is sitting all cockeyed in the groove it will NOT work. believe me I have redone a bunch for that very reason.
My Feedback

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Dukie