mcarterbrown.com  

Old 12-05-2013, 02:39 AM   #1 (permalink)

My solution to DRV vents 1st shot

Background: I got a DRV in a trade but when I gassed it up for the first time the face seal on the valve blew out. No Biggie I researched the site found out what O-ring to get and what Glue to use. Well gluing O-Rings is a skill I must lack I discovered after 3 attempts all ending in failure. I read in one post of a valve that screwed together and didn't need glue. Not sure if this was in production, a proto type or a future design that was talked about but I liked the idea of no glue.

After 3 days of playing in the shop this is my solution.

See how much of the O-ring is covered to hold it down.

It took a few dry fires to get the power tube to seat to the O-ring but my DRV is ready to play. I don't have any pics with the nut off the body but the nut is threaded 1/2 24 TPI and there is only 1.2 turns. I had to thread both pieces about 1/2" and then cut them down. The hole through the nut is just a few thousandths over the power tube seat. I might draft up a cross section and add it so any else who wants to make one can. I don't have the time to make any more because I need to get started making wood grips. I picked up some black silvertone laminate made by Dymondwood to make my grips out of.
newmaticarsenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
more gooder

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
that similar to what the new ones look like, except that they are the same length as the old ones. there are pics in the 3rd run thread.

Its what I was going to attempt last time around except that I had no idea how to go about mass producing them. I figured it out.
My Feedback
first strike pez dispensers in stock - pm me!
dukie is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Dukie