mcarterbrown.com

Old 01-27-2014, 02:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Finicky DSG 12 gram changer

I both love and hate this marker. I have not once been able to pull the trigger on the field without something going wrong. 99% of the time I simply can't get the lever to stay down. It is possible, as I have managed it on several occasions in the basement while testing, but whenever I want to play with it, it just won't cooperate.

Either I:

Put the 12 gram in, spin the thingy to tighten it until i feel the smallest amount of resistance possible, push the lever down, it pops back up and SPSSSHHHHHHHHHH!

or

Put the 12 gram in, spin the thingy to tighten it until I feel the smallest amount of resistance possible, spin it back a hair, push the lever down, ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss , chuff, ploop...

:c

I want two DRVs and two Airow Guns so I can play out my manifest destiny fantasies.
JasonSaastad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
more gooder

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonSaastad View Post
I both love and hate this marker. I have not once been able to pull the trigger on the field without something going wrong. 99% of the time I simply can't get the lever to stay down. It is possible, as I have managed it on several occasions in the basement while testing, but whenever I want to play with it, it just won't cooperate.

Either I:

Put the 12 gram in, spin the thingy to tighten it until i feel the smallest amount of resistance possible, push the lever down, it pops back up and SPSSSHHHHHHHHHH!

or

Put the 12 gram in, spin the thingy to tighten it until I feel the smallest amount of resistance possible, spin it back a hair, push the lever down, ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss , chuff, ploop...

:c
sounds like the groove is gone from the lever and or the lever is bent. the groove you can put back in with a file ifd needed. if its bent you will need a new one. the back of the lever should be perpendicular to the arm. if its not or the arm has a curve to it its bent.
My Feedback
first strike pez dispensers in stock - pm me!
dukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Rec Poster

It's been a while since I've had a chance to actually play with my toys, but I finally got some pictures taken. I'm not sure of terminology, but I think my problem stems from the third picture.

I want two DRVs and two Airow Guns so I can play out my manifest destiny fantasies.

Last edited by JasonSaastad; 05-19-2014 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Flickr sucks
Old 05-19-2014, 05:21 AM   #5 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Oops. All better now.

Old 05-19-2014, 02:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
more gooder

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
The arm is bent. And the plunger roller and groove are mashed.

you are not supposed to tighten up the plunger when its fully open on a full 12 gram.

You should keep a sample of the 12 grams. Or just puncture and vent the first one of the day if its a new brand/type. Now that you have an empty, put that in. Close the lever to about 10 degrees from closed and adjust the plunger till it touches, it should be fairly easy to push the lever down and lock it.

if you are applying pressure on the lever up at 45-60 degree you end up with a bent lever and a mashed roller just like that. You arent the first with gorilla arms lol.

just think of it like this. You are pushing a sharp pointed pin through a thin piece of sheet metal. If you apply enough force to bend the lever ( which has a ton of mechanical advantage), you are doing it wrong.

if that is what you need to seal it, your puncture seal is probably missing.
My Feedback
Old 05-19-2014, 05:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I've filed the groove back. Should I replace anything?

Old 05-19-2014, 07:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
more gooder

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
The lever is bent. You could heat it up and straighten it out. It wont line up with the roller as it is. It may or not just bend again.
My Feedback
Old 05-20-2014, 03:49 AM   #9 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Looks like I'm back in business. I stuck it in a vice at work and bent the arm by hand, and when I got home I took your advice about setting up using an empty. I still get some minor leakage at the cup seal, but no worse than my TiPX.

I can't wait to get back to the field now. Good stuff.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Dukie