mcarterbrown.com  

Old 03-10-2012, 01:35 PM   #11 (permalink)

I have to agree the dm5's were the last soild matrix. When dye came out with the eye pipe on the dm6 was when the matrix quailty really droped.

Get yourself a dm9/10 they are very similar and mostly cosmectics and both can be bought on here for $500-$450 or less. Avoid the reflex, they are ok guns for the price but they have that made in china quailty and feel leaving you disapointed since they dont have the same feel as a dm.

Last edited by nels840; 03-10-2012 at 01:38 PM.
nels840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:23 PM   #12 (permalink)
No Effects, just cooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nels840 View Post
When dye came out with the eye pipe on the dm6 was when the matrix quailty really droped.

The DM6 didn't have an eye pipe. That was introduced in the DM7. Id also like to know what you mean by the quality dropping?

Ryan Dupras
-Dealings Feedback-
Proudly Playing For:
Wookie Dicks
Lucha Cabras
nofxkid2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

I just had the best luck with DM8 I had two and never failed me. They are very nicely balanced.The only issue was the eye pipe, but they came out with an upgrade for it. (both of mine had them)
ilivlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:08 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofxkid2005 View Post
The DM6 didn't have an eye pipe. That was introduced in the DM7. Id also like to know what you mean by the quality dropping?
Right got the dm6/7 confuessed. Quailty like the simple little things. the plastic insert on the grips that crack and break, eye pipes that also break and crack after single uses or after only seeing a case of paint. Jewels that fall off, the rubber stuff on grip frame on nts that breaks off or wear off. sloppy triggers with tons of side to side play.
nels840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:17 AM   #15 (permalink)
Radical!

Dm6 did have a self-cleaning feature - clear plastic inserts between the eyes and the breech. Filled that void left by the holes milled for the eyes. Not as great an idea as you can imagine, who wants more small parts, holy crap. Probably why Dye didn't repeat it.

Dm7 is like the one-legged step-child you keep in the cellar. First to get the eye pipe but it sucked and couldn't be replaced with the updated version, and in addition to the stupid flow plug, Dye managed to make the flow plug worse by introducing a new piece within the front of the frame - the flow plug housing.

Last edited by nerdcore; 03-11-2012 at 03:23 AM.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:21 AM   #16 (permalink)
Barned

The dm12's are so freaking expensive... if I had the money I'd spend the extra hundred on a luxe, I know some people really like dye stuff but the brand name is so over rate, kinda like COD....Or a G6r. But the older DM's are still pretty good, I know a guy who got like a DM8 for $800 I think it was? Shot pretty smooth n stuff. I'm not a master of dye internals, let alone dye guns at all but I'm just saying that some of the newer stuff is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY overpriced.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:29 AM   #17 (permalink)
Radical!

Haha! Any brand new high end can be considered over-priced. I'd never spend a grand for any gun, I don't care if it was so advanced it played for me. Heck, i'd never spend more than $300. I'll take old models, no problem. I need the rest of my cash for paint.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:34 AM   #18 (permalink)
Barned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdcore View Post
Haha! Any brand new high end can be considered over-priced. I'd never spend a grand for any gun, I don't care if it was so advanced it played for me. Heck, i'd never spend more than $300. I'll take old models, no problem. I need the rest of my cash for paint.
That's why I pump. And yea, i agree with you. So much of it is the player...the most expensive marker I'd ever get is a bob long g6r.....not going any furthur than that cuz that marker kicks butt.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:01 AM   #19 (permalink)
No Effects, just cooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloop View Post
The dm12's are so freaking expensive... if I had the money I'd spend the extra hundred on a luxe, I know some people really like dye stuff but the brand name is so over rate, kinda like COD....Or a G6r. But the older DM's are still pretty good, I know a guy who got like a DM8 for $800 I think it was? Shot pretty smooth n stuff. I'm not a master of dye internals, let alone dye guns at all but I'm just saying that some of the newer stuff is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY overpriced.
Ok... First off you're saying that a DM12 is expensive. It's a $1200 gun, so yeah that's agreeably but its not outrageous where high end guns are concerned. Then that if you had the cash, you'd rather spend the money on a Luxe... a $1600 marker, which for all intents and purposes is a completely overpriced SP Shocker SFT/NXT...

Next you said the brand is overrated. Could you explain that? Yes their gear is expensive, but I'm not sure how many other companies can say that people are still wearing their 2007 model pants and using them every weekend. You pay for quality. Something that is sometimes lacking in this industry. Also on a side note, saying the G6R is overrated is slightly disrespectful. It's the newest big release from Bob Long, a company that has a rich history of innovation in the sport. So people being excited about it is natural.

You wanna talk about overrated? How many Egos are out on the field? A metric F tonne, despite the fact that any well tuned Bob Long Intimidator will shoot considerably better then any well tuned Ego. Wanna talk over priced? What was the average price of a new Ego SLwhatever? $2000 for pretty much all the options that were gonna come out in the next years $1200 base model anyway? Yeah, lets talk overrated and overpriced. I'm also bias. I don't like Planet Eclipse guns. I've come to terms with that.

I apologize if that came off a little "rant like".

Ryan Dupras
-Dealings Feedback-
Proudly Playing For:
Wookie Dicks
Lucha Cabras
nofxkid2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:50 PM   #20 (permalink)
Radical!

nofx - you should hear my rant about alien guns. It would make children cry.

The luxe talks, which is impressive, and yet unsettling. Too "skynet" for my liking.

I'm gonna get preachy now, since i've already said it - old guns is where it's at. They just have more character.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Dye