mcarterbrown.com

Old 11-20-2012, 02:25 PM   #21 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Thing View Post
What I will say it this. I usually buy my high ends second or third hand so I do not pay full price for them. I bought this one for full price and so far I have no regrets. I can not wait to play in a game with this marker but that looks like it will be the Viper triple threat game in Austin, Tx early feb.

Swamp
same here- i never pay full retail for markers, that's what lead me to buy this one, local field had a great deal on it for me so it was hard to pass up.

PBN Feedback
paintman161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:48 PM   #22 (permalink)
Wrecking Crewe

Well I went ahead and picked one up. Local dealer had a black Friday thing going on so it was a good deal.

Had some old paint laying around and shot a few hoppers, and several mags. 2 barrel breaks at the tip which is probably the old paint being out of round. I can attest to one thing - sure does shoot just like my DM! Accurate, fast and easy to clean.

Gonna give it a workout tomorrow I have high hopes for it
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:56 PM   #23 (permalink)
X0317

Send a message via AIM to dm6rocker

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Well I went ahead and picked one up. Local dealer had a black Friday thing going on so it was a good deal.

Had some old paint laying around and shot a few hoppers, and several mags. 2 barrel breaks at the tip which is probably the old paint being out of round. I can attest to one thing - sure does shoot just like my DM! Accurate, fast and easy to clean.

Gonna give it a workout tomorrow I have high hopes for it
What color did you pick up? I'm really digging the black/tan combo. I'm definitely toying with the idea of getting one, but I would love to see a tank-in-stock option come along.

Post some pics if you can, there's very few floating around. Good luck with it!

things for sale!
dm6rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:31 PM   #24 (permalink)
Wrecking Crewe

I picked up the black. The green and earth were just to bright for me.
I can see putting some of the tan accents/accessories to make it pop a bit more but the solid colors just didn't do anything for me and I think they would just be too bright and stand out for my liking.

I'll see what I can do tomorrow with pictures from the field.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:22 AM   #25 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to voodooballer

the issue with breaking paint in the mags, is that in the 12 rnd and the 20 rnd. theres actually room for 1 more ball at the top, but it may or may not load properly when you seat the mag. its about a 50/50 chance the extra ball will break as it seats.
voodooballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:51 AM   #26 (permalink)
Wrecking Crewe

My local shop called dye and talked to them about this very issue because I wasn't going to buy one unless I can get this mag breaking issue clarified.

Dye said they are 10 round mags and not 12. And that's the problem that has been floating around. The top ball "the 6th ball" on the stack has to much pressure and just like you said has a good chance to pop when you load the mag.

They told me even tho you can fit 12 in they are only designed for 10.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:35 AM   #27 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to voodooballer

negative. Dye originally meant the mags to be 10 round (5 on each side) production models ended up being 12 (6 on each side) the mags can hold 14 (7 on each side) thats where issue is. the 20 round mag can actually hold 22, but again, breakage issue.
voodooballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:49 PM   #28 (permalink)
Wrecking Crewe

Strange

then they are still marketing it as 10 rounds by mistake on the dyetactical site.
Dye Paintball - Mag DAM 10 Round - 2 Pack - Black
Old 11-26-2012, 03:11 PM   #29 (permalink)
Post Whore

I think they mentioned it on Hustle paintball's DAM review video, it was a happy mistake by the manufacturer. the 10 round mags can hold 12 paintballs. There was talk that there would be an air thru stock for the DAM, thats what that little plug is for in the back. I am just hoping they come out before spring when the paintball season starts back up. Have a few mag fed games that i would love to rock it at!

PBN Feedback
paintman161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:21 PM   #30 (permalink)
Post Whore

You probably won't see fs rounds shrink at all. They are on the jagged edge of being too light to begin wit . The size they are is so they can get within legal weight. Remember that technically its half a paintball. Personally I'd prefer they got bigger and heavier
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Dye