mcarterbrown.com

Old 11-26-2012, 03:30 PM   #31 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
You're also not going to like trying to underbore FS. They don't lend themselves to that well as you'll start shearing off the skirts. Chrono the FS as close to field limits as you're comfortable and adjust your play accordingly when you switch to regular paint. It's not ideal but it's currently the nature of playing with both on one platform.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:39 PM   #32 (permalink)
Post Whore

Hey deuce I wonder if hybrid platforms like this might have the knock on affect of encouraging standard paint mfgs to start making their paint slightly bigger to match fs rounds
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #33 (permalink)
Wrecking Crewe

Got to use my DAM for the last couple weekends now. Very impressed with it. Haven't gotten to play much with the mags but the hopper side shoots just like my DM12. Loving it.
Cleans up real easy. 3 round and full switch on the fly is just a killer option.

Meant to mention, not a single break yet except my own fault learning the mag system and not fully engaging the mag in a single slap up. If you hesitate and it doesn't get fully engaged and hit it a second time you can pop a ball easy but once you get used to it, it's a none issue.

Last edited by Mangler; 12-02-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:24 PM   #34 (permalink)

I just caught the Hustle Paintball efficiency test of the DAM and I thought it looked a little on the inefficient side...but I've mostly been out of things for the past 5-6 years.

Do most spool valve guns float around the 850-900 shots per 68/4500 tank? For some reason I was under the impression 1200 was closer to the norm.

I guess it's not a deal breaker, esp since this wouldn't be a spray and pray marker if I picked it up...still...seems low.
Sterling500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:34 AM   #35 (permalink)
Wrecking Crewe

That sounds about right. really not a huge issue to me at least because when i run out of paint i fill up with air. ill have a 77cc tank for 24hours which helps slightly more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling500 View Post
I just caught the Hustle Paintball efficiency test of the DAM and I thought it looked a little on the inefficient side...but I've mostly been out of things for the past 5-6 years.

Do most spool valve guns float around the 850-900 shots per 68/4500 tank? For some reason I was under the impression 1200 was closer to the norm.

I guess it's not a deal breaker, esp since this wouldn't be a spray and pray marker if I picked it up...still...seems low.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:37 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
...Cleans up real easy.

Meant to mention, not a single break yet except my own fault learning the mag system and not fully engaging the mag in a single slap up. If you hesitate and it doesn't get fully engaged and hit it a second time you can pop a ball easy but once you get used to it, it's a none issue.
How is cleanup after a mag break, or a hopper break for that matter..?

Is it practical to field strip the bolt out and run a squeegee through back at the staging area or is that strictly a "clean room" only operation?

When is someone going to stick a q-loader on one of these things? Seems like that would be the ultimate low profile ticket.

...trying to talk myself into one of these in case you couldn't tell...
Sterling500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:50 AM   #37 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

i dont know why, mine does a strange ''ping'' noise when i shoot it..

My feedback
Cooky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:32 PM   #38 (permalink)
Wrecking Crewe

Hah I did the same just a couple weeks ago, tried to find a good reason not to buy it.

The mags clean up real easy, the bottom plate slides out and the springs just drop out. You can then just run water through them or use a swab, if at the field.

Barrel / bolt clean is just like the DM pull the bolt out the back and swab it and polish swab it. Re-lub the bolt and put it back in. Super easy just the DMs. You can do it at the field easy enough just make sure you have a clean surface to set the bolt down on like a tech mat or whatever

I've been running with mine with a 48cc tank so it's much lighter and shorter. Love it for most games but hyperball then I switch back to my DM for hyperball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling500 View Post
How is cleanup after a mag break, or a hopper break for that matter..?

Is it practical to field strip the bolt out and run a squeegee through back at the staging area or is that strictly a "clean room" only operation?

When is someone going to stick a q-loader on one of these things? Seems like that would be the ultimate low profile ticket.

...trying to talk myself into one of these in case you couldn't tell...

Last edited by Mangler; 12-08-2012 at 01:47 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:33 PM   #39 (permalink)
Wrecking Crewe

Mine does the exact same thing, slight metallic ping to it. Actually that just started last weekend. The weekend before that that sound wasn't there. So let me know if you figure that one out lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooky8 View Post
i dont know why, mine does a strange ''ping'' noise when i shoot it..
Old 12-08-2012, 03:26 PM   #40 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

im gonna ask my proshop about that..

My feedback
Cooky8 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Dye