mcarterbrown.com  

Old 12-09-2012, 05:28 PM   #41 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Mine does the exact same thing, slight metallic ping to it. Actually that just started last weekend. The weekend before that that sound wasn't there. So let me know if you figure that one out lol
My proshop technician told me its normal, its the sound of my bolt reseting.. i should hear the same with my dM12.

My feedback
Cooky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:20 PM   #42 (permalink)
Wrecking Crewe

well i guess thats good to know. Thanks!
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:29 PM   #43 (permalink)
GoZ

Review

I just wanted to give a quick review of my DAM. I only have had the chance to play with it one full day. I didn't have access to first strike so no review there, but doing research I decided to pick up a rifled barrel system from Hammerhead. This marker shot great with regular paint. It was pretty cold out, but shot accurate with no breaks. (Paint was sized with my deadly winds and freak sleeves) It was super smooth but also had the metallic ping. I don't mind it as long as that's normal. 3 shot burst was pretty fun and pretty similar to PSP mode on tourney markers. My only beef with 3 shot burst is not being able to one ball someone. Mainly just to show good sportsmanship and not lace someone up when it's not necessary.

The weight and length of the DAM takes some getting used to after only playing with speedball markers. I found it hard to stay tight to my bunker and just manuevering around. I realized that I'm just not comfortable with the front grip. Even with my pump I don't really use the pump handle, I'm more comfortable holding the reg with a hitman mod. So I ended up removing the barrel shroud and front grip. It is now a totally different feel and MUCH lighter!

The beauty of this marker is that you can customize it to your own preference. I will probably never use the stock or red dot sight, and both pieces are extremely high quality. I prefer a lighter set up. I bought the DAM because it offers something that no other high end marker does, and that's the ability to shoot first strike rounds and a hopper full of paint at the flip of a switch!

Kudos to Dye for taking an innovated approach to designing this high end woodsball marker! I look forward to the next big game where a player tries long balling me and I simply push the switch forward and send him packing!
GoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:02 AM   #44 (permalink)
Wrecking Crewe

i totally agree it takes some getting used to. also its not the best for fast action type games like hyperball etc etc - on those games i find myself going back to the DM. however on the bigger woods games the gun can lay some paint and its very accurate!

best part is the maintenance is so easy! wipe down the body and spend 2 minutes re-lubing the bolt.

the only little drawback i see to this gun is the magazine with paintballs especially on a semi warm day. you MUST engage the "release pressure" clip or whatever it is built into the mag. if you dont use them very quickly your painballs will get deformed really bad and will probably break when you go to use them. i have heard this is common on any magfed gun but this was my first so just wanted to point this out.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:14 AM   #45 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
i totally agree it takes some getting used to. also its not the best for fast action type games like hyperball etc etc - on those games i find myself going back to the DM. however on the bigger woods games the gun can lay some paint and its very accurate!

best part is the maintenance is so easy! wipe down the body and spend 2 minutes re-lubing the bolt.

the only little drawback i see to this gun is the magazine with paintballs especially on a semi warm day. you MUST engage the "release pressure" clip or whatever it is built into the mag. if you dont use them very quickly your painballs will get deformed really bad and will probably break when you go to use them. i have heard this is common on any magfed gun but this was my first so just wanted to point this out.
You should have no issues with the paintballs being deformed, if you load the mags right there is no pressure on the paint until you load the magazine into the dam. That's what the trap door is for.

PBN Feedback
paintman161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:35 PM   #46 (permalink)
Wrecking Crewe

have you tried loading a mag and leaving it in there for a couple hours, then pull them out and look at the paint? thats if you dont engage the pressure release - where you stick your finger in there and push them down until they click and are not under spring pressure.

This is what happens to mine after a couple hours of not using that pressure release. Its not a huge deal. if you engage it when you load the mags they are fine all day. and once you put the mag into the gun it will release the pressure. but if you leave them in the mag under pressure for a couple hours this will happen.
Attached Images

Last edited by Mangler; 01-01-2013 at 09:23 AM.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:18 PM   #47 (permalink)

I realize I'm upping an old thread, but is people have used it more is the efficiency stable between 800-900 shots for a 68/4500? I want to use it at scenarios but I usually carry more then that onto the field.
Thewraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:32 PM   #48 (permalink)

I have a DAM on the way. Does anyone know if the new ones will come with the soft carry case, or will it come in the cardboard box that I've seen in all the YouTube videos?
username86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:05 PM   #49 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by username86 View Post
I have a DAM on the way. Does anyone know if the new ones will come with the soft carry case, or will it come in the cardboard box that I've seen in all the YouTube videos?
should come with the nice soft case now!

PBN Feedback
paintman161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:13 AM   #50 (permalink)

Thank you for your reply. Looking forward to receiving. I've heard nothing, but good things about it and the amount of time that Dye took to make this marker.
username86 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Dye