mcarterbrown.com  

Old 03-23-2013, 12:05 AM   #51 (permalink)

Question for dam owners......when screwing the dye UL barrel in, do you guys still experience some wiggles with the barrel? The barrel is completely screwed in and tight, but still can be wiggled with a little force.

I've never had this problem before with any of my other guns in the past, but never had a milsim marker.

Is it normal? Do you guys have the same experience?
username86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:58 AM   #52 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

you need to tighten a bit the screw on top of the marker, the one that secure the part that hold the eye pipe.

My feedback
Cooky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:22 PM   #53 (permalink)

Are you referring to the allen screw directly above the mag well? Between the picatinny rails?
Old 03-24-2013, 10:40 AM   #54 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

yup thats the one dont tighten it too much but its the one that make it wobble.. the barrel doesnt move, its the part that hold it that move a bit.. tighten that and it wont move anymore

My feedback
Cooky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:59 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooky8 View Post
My proshop technician told me its normal, its the sound of my bolt reseting.. i should hear the same with my dM12.
According to dye its not normal. Has anyone figured out what it is and how to correct it?
Mickey_Kn0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:30 AM   #56 (permalink)
Post Whore

So I finally got to play with the DAM this weekend, went to a magazine fed type game so no hopper was ever used. Overall i find the DAM does not like the cold! I was using graffati paint and had several chops and breaks in the mags through out the day. But the paint was brittle since it sat outside in the cold. I end up switching to my MK5 mid day since it was just getting worse with the DAM. I had ONE barrel break with the MK5 the whole afternoon!!! Also the DAM, when cold does not like to shoot right away, major bolt stick! I had the board set to stock settings (18 dwell). I even took the bolt apart and cleaned it and relubed it. Still had same issues with it. Not sure what it is about the DAM but it hates cold weather. So right now i have a messy useless DAM to clean!

PBN Feedback
paintman161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:06 AM   #57 (permalink)
Post Whore

We played with it in the store and had the same results you did in room temperature. From what in understand from the gun tech there you really have to fiddle with the settings to get it to work right. It seele to chop paint a lot
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:18 PM   #58 (permalink)

Tightened it down and it's definitely better. Still moves a bit, but not as much as before. That's expected. Thank you for the help guys.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:19 AM   #59 (permalink)
Wrecking Crewe

Paintman did you play with a hopper at all? pretty much all i do now is play with FS rounds only in the mags and paint in the rotor. And really haven't had much of an issue.

Just remember when you engage that paint relief feature in the mags I think they really slam up hard from the spring. And if its cold with the high quality paint just asking for it lol
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:31 AM   #60 (permalink)
Post Whore

nope no hopper (magfed event only) I was using Valken graffiti but i think the paint was just brittle from the cold. But it is weird that i was able to use my MK5 with scarab arms mags and had one barrel break the rest of the afternoon.

PBN Feedback
paintman161 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Dye