mcarterbrown.com  

Old 11-18-2012, 07:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Wrecking Crewe

Dye assault matrix DAM reviews?

Hey guys, was wondering who here has a DAM has gotten to use it extensively already and have any pro's cons with it?

I'm a scenario player with primary marker is a DM12 dyecam. And I am very interested in the flexibility this gun offers. Mag fed, rotor, FS rounds etc etc.

Any issues to be aware of?

The only slight con I read was some balls breaking in the mags, is this a non issue and was purely a proto type issue only? I don't want to get stuck with 2 mags that have issues right out of the gate.

Really looking for player reviews, not all the marketing companies reviews.

Thanks in advance for any info you guys can provide!!
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Played with the marker all day yesterday. Shoots first strikes like a champ. People told me how unfair it was all day. The mags don't last very long because it is so much fun marking people all day long. In 4 hour I went through 350ish fs rounds(It was on a target rich environment. I was ablehold off wave after way from getting our flag. As soon as I switch to Paintballs after running out of fs.(was only allowed Mage fed guns) my gun turned into a shotgun. I only got 3 paintballs per magside to come out the barrel and those that did make it out whole were slowed down by all the slime and shells my barrel from the others that broke that they shot out at way less than 200fps and didn't even make it a quarter way to the opponent. Needless to say this ended my dAy. I was so upset at its performance that I almost put it up on the forums that night. Today I realizes I bought the gun to shoot only fs through the mags anyway. So put on my rotor and blasted out 500 rounds with the marker set to 20ish bps. No breaks no chops nothing ran like a champ. The gun is going to serve the purpose of being a hopper fed gun with fs as an option if needed.

My plan is to carry 2 20 mags on my vest and 1 12 in the gun. To carry these I'm going to lose 2 front pods but I carry 700 pb on my back and will have 2 poss in front still. This set up it much much lighter than trying to Carry a holstered t8.1 and 3 mags and mag holster on my leg, and my g6r.

The gun is also very long. Your Arms feel very stretch out even with a 68 4500. I'm 6' so I'm not a small guy but having to hold your gun up with semi outstretched arms from a long period of time while aiming with a red dot and staying to keep steady gets tiring.

You can fit a peanut tank under the oem stock but the stock has to be fully extended. Which makes the marker too long for me.

People complain about the weight but it really is not that heavy. You can shed abou 1.2 pound from the gun by taking the stock and fore end off. The stock is ver study and very heavy. It is much more heavy then a regular carbine ar-15 retractable stock. The gun feels very balanced and the grip is very comfortable.

You can't use a Tiberius adjustable tri rail and a red dot with a hopper because the Tiberius adjustable rail raises the red dot to be behind the hopper.

So far my efficiency sucks real bad but the gun is still breaking in and it has been too stormey to go outside and mess with my dwell.

Sorry if it sounds like a rant you can ask me any questions you like. This was typed I'm my iPhone as we have no power here currently and I am not gonna spell check or read and fix apples crappy autocorrect. But if something didn't make sense asks me and I wil explain

Last edited by Chowser2; 02-25-2013 at 02:11 AM.
Chowser2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

I did a short review on it, have not had a chance to play with it in a game. SHown here:
Short review of the DAM!

My intention was to either use it as magfed marker or a hopper fed marker (large scenarios), not both at the same time. I have shot about half a case through the marker now in my back yard, 80% using the mags (12 round mag and 20 rnd mag). I did not have one break using paintballs or FS. I did have some double feeds once in awhile using the 20 round mag with paintballs. I was using Valken redemption and Empire stryker paint both about a month old. If you do use the magfed part for paintballs don't use brittle paint this is true with any magfed marker!
FS bore out around at .688, this is why dye include the .688 UL barrel, smallest i have used with FS was .687 as it has been proven anything less you you will get breaks using FS. Using paint and FS you may see a +/- 10 fps, the closer the paint size to the FS the less of a FPS difference there will be. I love the feel of the marker in my hands the stock and mask fit perfect together. I don't ever plan on using a large tank on the marker (i run a remote all the time).

PBN Feedback
paintman161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Wrecking Crewe

thanks for the honest reply both of you guys!

Whatís your definition of brittle paint? like Evil? or standard premium?

Iím surprised this really the first time Iíve read about it. I have scoured all the boards and figured people would be complaining big time about this if it really was a issue.

at the scenario as you guys probably know you are usually locked to specific paint. And sometimes you really donít have a ton of choices. Mid grade Ė premium grade. And thatís it.

So bore matching FS and paintballs in the big games may be impossible to get. Which means you can be stuck with a 30-40fps variance which would really blow to be shooting balls at 240.

My team may start participating in some magfed tournaments only and I really wanted to find a gun that had the versatility to handle all of it and had high hopes for the DAM.

Damn I really wanted this gun and actually wanted to pick one up this week, but now I think I will hold off at least for now.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

I did a review on my team website posted below. My biggest issue so far is the stock barrel is not a good match for first strike. Overall I am happy with it and I am willing to take the decrease in fps with the hopper as range will be taken care of using first strike.

Dye Assault Matrix (DAM))

Swamp
Swamp Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Wrecking Crewe

Thanks man!

Swamp thing were you getting the same results with FPS as paintman161 was? like 240-/+ with paintballs when crono'd with FS?

What barrel back would you recommend for a happy medium for both FS and balls to keep a consistent as possible FPS?
i usually play with my DM12 stock barrel .688 and RPS preimum paint mostly.

Last edited by Mangler; 11-19-2012 at 05:11 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Thanks man!

Swamp thing were you getting the same results with FPS as paintman161 was? like 240-/+ with paintballs when crono'd with FS?

What barrel back would you recommend for a happy medium for both FS and balls to keep a consistent as possible FPS?
i usually play with my DM12 stock barrel .688 and RPS preimum paint mostly.
right now i have my marker set to 270 fps using paint and it shoots at 280 fps with FS. Also brittle paint would be any tournament grade paint evil is one of those. Valken redemption and Graffiti are great and also had good result with premium. Also i set my dwell to 14 and can get 265 balls off a 13/3000 tank.

PBN Feedback
paintman161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Edit

I read your review 688 flasc is what your shooting

Last edited by Chowser2; 11-19-2012 at 07:05 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Wish fs size would shrink like pb have. I wanna see a 684 fs round(just because my favorite barrel is .684
Old 11-19-2012, 07:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
Wrecking Crewe

Thanks for the input guys!

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Dye