mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Dye (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dye/)
-   -   DM3 trigger switch question (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dye/235079-dm3-trigger-switch-question.html)

Jordan 06-07-2013 06:03 AM

DM3 trigger switch question

Is there a way to put a stiffer switch in easily? I'm a big fan of the early Angel LED triggers, and this doesn't feel enough like it.

I have an extra LCD board to experiment with, but not sure where to get switches or what type of switch I have anyways.

THROWIN ROPES 06-16-2013 05:23 PM

Have you tried a stiffer spring?

Jordan 06-20-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THROWIN ROPES (Post 2735280)
Have you tried a stiffer spring?

Mine doesn't have a spring - not sure if it's because of the aftermarket trigger, or that they just didn't have one, but the only thing providing tension seems to be the switch.

THROWIN ROPES 06-20-2013 10:26 PM

Somebody took the spring out. PM me if you want pictures of where the spring goes. Also, if you like a more stiff trigger you can always take apart a pen and rob the spring out of there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan (Post 2739021)
Mine doesn't have a spring - not sure if it's because of the aftermarket trigger, or that they just didn't have one, but the only thing providing tension seems to be the switch.

Nobody 06-26-2013 01:39 PM

if the microswitch isn't attached to the board, then its just switching out the switch for a stiffer one. i have seen them in 25g(the lightest), 50g and 80g(the heaviest). i have the 25g & 80g switches, i can send you one. if the switch is on the board, then you could have it desoldered and then solder on a new one.

Jordan 06-28-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobody (Post 2743426)
if the microswitch isn't attached to the board, then its just switching out the switch for a stiffer one. i have seen them in 25g(the lightest), 50g and 80g(the heaviest). i have the 25g & 80g switches, i can send you one. if the switch is on the board, then you could have it desoldered and then solder on a new one.

It's hardmounted to the board, but I have an extra one I can play with, thankfully.

bob_wuzza 06-29-2013 10:11 PM

There's a way to bend your micro switch,set your pre and post travel to make it "Springier"

Post up if you want a write up about it.
And it works with any micro-switched marker
but I've only done it on Dye markers so far

Jordan 06-30-2013 11:00 PM

I got a chance to pull the frame yesterday - there was a spring there, it had just slipped past the little area it's supposed to push against on the body and had headed into the small void between that and the solenoid. I stretched it out a little and made sure it's positioned against the body when the frame's bolted up, seems to be a little stiffer.

Bonesjackson 07-03-2013 07:28 PM

I have like a billion trigger springs of various stiffness. I will send some to you if you want to cover the cost of shipping to Canada.

Jordan 07-08-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonesjackson (Post 2749245)
I have like a billion trigger springs of various stiffness. I will send some to you if you want to cover the cost of shipping to Canada.

That's pretty awesome of you to offer, but I think I'll try it out the way I have it first. I'm liking it so far, just need to get out to play one of these days to actually try it out for real.