mcarterbrown.com  

Old 02-04-2014, 05:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
Big guy in a wig

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by breg View Post
I'm interested in what you have to think. I am going to Extravaganza at the end of this month and am taking the DM/PM tech class.

I hope that this pans out well for DYE since I feel that the DM is a fairly sholid platform and that the 14's look pretty sharp

After PBE there will probably be another round of cheaper ones available.
That evening, the cruise director gave me a very stern lecture.
Feedback
The Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

The extravaganza class was so disappointing this year! I was looking forward to picking up a DAM and the DM14
Old 02-05-2014, 08:27 AM   #13 (permalink)

Just to put it into some perspective as well, this week alone I think I saw 7 GSL's for sale under MAP so our sport has a bit of a problem.

Tradeout Paintball LLC
**Entropy** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 03:17 PM   #14 (permalink)

Got my 14 in yesterday. So far I'm impressed. First thing I noticed is that it does not feel "big" like my DM12 kinda did. It points very well, the grips are better than the previous years which I thought was hard to top but they seem to be more grippy, less slippy if that makes any sense. The bolt has a far better finish on it than it has had in the past IMO, and was fairly easy to move in and out without a change of lube, or polishing. As others have reported the marker comes with very little lube which is probably because everyone seems to have their own they like to apply. As others have reported the ASA seems really difficult to turn on at first, but was easy to fix. Gun shoots far smoother than its DM12/13 cousins out of the box. I've had very smooth shooting 03's and 07's and its on par. I'll comment more when I have more time to tune it and play with things like Dwell, for now I think its a pretty decent step forward for DYE.

Tradeout Paintball LLC
Old 02-12-2014, 05:42 PM   #15 (permalink)

^ good review.
bryanzero858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:35 PM   #16 (permalink)

Just to update that review, I've had some time to shoot it in practices and play with the settings a bit. The DM14 shoots fantastic. With all DM's if you leave it stock and shoot it, after a while you start the feel it "loosen up", and its time to tune it. The DM14 was no different and after a few cases I was able to tune it a bit. I'm running a dwell of 21, with the LPR tuned somewhere between 1.5/2 turns out. It's smooth enough I don't notice any barrel rise or kick at all during matches.

My biggest complaint is still the board..... I wanted to switch it back to semi at the end of the day to play with it a little bit. I think it took me 5 minutes and I know the board settings by heart. It just takes too long to pull the grips off and hit the little dip switch and change settings. I really hope they go OLED next year, or someone comes out with a board.

One other thing I noticed. I live in MA, very cold up here ATM. I left the marker in my car overnight after practice. The grips are almost imposable to remove cold. The plastic really stiffens up allot in the cold. Not a big deal but something to note.

Tradeout Paintball LLC

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Dye