mcarterbrown.com  

Old 01-21-2008, 10:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

PMR Question.

I bought a Rail shortly after christmas. Nice marker, it shoots really well and I haven't had trouble out of it, even consistant in 35 degree weather (I wish I could say the same about the paint...) I do have one question, though.

My backcap keeps backing out on me after a few hundred shots (say 300 or so). I know I need to get a metal back cap, but I really don't think this is a normal problem for the plastic ones. Stripping, sure, but the threads are perfectly in tact, and it screws back in just fine, and won't slide freely in and out like it would if the threads were just "worn down". Any ideas what caused this? I noticed a lot of lube on the backcap o-ring and on the threads, is it just a case of over eager lubing on Dye's part?

Thanks for any help you can give me. I think it was just too-liberal lubing causing excessive slipping, but I would be grateful if someone else could confirm this.

Nothing beats a good day at Mount Doom.
Daze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
cannon operator

Send a message via AIM to gunner79

try wiping off the lube off of the threads and maybe a little teflon tape wouldn't hurt in the backcap threads?

"You are not predestined to be a hero, you do not choose to be one, you must be one.
And when the dust settles, and you have made the choices you have made, if you have survived, then that will be your only reward.
Then it's on to your next mission.

gunner79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

Eh, I hate to Teflon it. Between cold weather paint issues and standard maintenance, I actually need to be able to get into it every, or every other, day I play to clean and/or re-lube it.

Nothing beats a good day at Mount Doom.
Daze is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Dye