mcarterbrown.com  

Ebay Oddities Found something funny, out of place, or you just need to share it? Post those here

Old 02-28-2007, 12:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

AGD Six Pack Changer

http://cgi.ebay.com/AGD-AUTOMAG-CO2-...QQcmdZViewItem

custar
custar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 08:58 AM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to Havocx

This is the third week in a row this guy has tried to sell thing thing. His reserve is not far off his buy it now price. In the two weeks he tried selling this one sold for 200 and another (minor damage) 150.

His reserve on it last week was $250 for those who wonder.
Havocx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Yeah, I was curious on what his reserve was, because once it got over $200 and did not reach the reserve, I was very curious to see how high it was set.

Allfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 12:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

holy cow.

Well I guess im not chasing after this one either.
Chemical-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 02:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

one just went on e-bay for "buy it now" $100 plus 10 shipping. what a steal

http://cgi.ebay.com/6-PAK-12-gram-le...QQcmdZViewItem
capitalpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 03:06 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to killmaster Send a message via MSN to killmaster

I got that one, Kyle (Allfat) came a woke me up, normally I would have been very angry...but for a 6-Pack I was Giddy.

It looks like it could use a little love, but the foam looks to be in good shape. Ill clean it up when it gets here and post up some pics.
looks like number 336.

You DON'T play pump?

Playing with honor and attitude since 2001.

128Productions: Custom Graphic Design Work!

feedback
killmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 03:50 PM   #7 (permalink)

?

How does this work? If someone has the time to explain would be nice. Thanks
Wollffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 03:50 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to howling phantom

Anyone notice that both 6-packs hail from Hawaii? I know that it was a semi-hotspot for pump play, and has become rather popular for holding the pump tourney. Did they get a few extra shippments from Airgun Design before they stoped production? lol

"For 25,000$, it better come with a midgit in the box to blow into the NeS so the games will play properly"

NO SPOON!
howling phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 04:08 PM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to killmaster Send a message via MSN to killmaster

The 6-Pack I grabbed is form the same guy that has had the seemingly endless stream of buzzards in the last few weeks. Walker just grabbed pack of comp parts from him, and he has an ACI turret changer up as well.

Probabbly just a coincidence(sp?) that they are both from Hawaii.

There have acctually been about 5 6-Packs come up recently.

The one I bought, The mint one linked here, number 7 over on AO, another on on ebay recently that didnt sell due to high reserve, and another I can't remember where.

Trick'

You DON'T play pump?

Playing with honor and attitude since 2001.

128Productions: Custom Graphic Design Work!

feedback
killmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 05:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Z50
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wollffy View Post
How does this work? If someone has the time to explain would be nice. Thanks
Without pictures it will be difficult to explain but I will try. The six pack can hold six 12-gram cartridges- five in the magazine and an additional in the chamber. I have been told that late in the production run (and this is backed up by personal experience) that they altered the design slightly but not the name and the "newer" ones are commonly referred to as the 6-pack plus as they could hold six 12 grams in the magazine and an additional in the chamber(total of seven).

In order to load the 6-pack the first cartridge should be placed in the top like any other 12 gram changer. I have had difficulties loading the first from the bottom due to the complex nature of the ejection system. This should be done before the game and one should be sure not to let the 6-pack run out of cartridges as it takes considerably more time to load the first cartridge. The magazine is loaded from a slot in the back of the. You may need to lower the spring with your thumb to get the first one in but with practice this can be done without trouble. Additional cartridges can be added easily by just pushing them in. With practice this can be done with the off hand and the system can be refilled without ceasing fire, and the gas exchanged with only a pause so that the system is not depleted through rapid fire while no source is attached.

The 6-pack has a check valve built into it so that the gun is not drained each time the cartridge is exchanged, this helps the efficiency of the gun too because each cartridge does not have to fill the air lines each time. I ran my 6-pack on a 'mag with a 48" remote wrapped like an old school expansion chamber and an ACI expansion chamber and was still able to get 20 good shots from all except the first 12 gram cartridge (I ejected at 20 shots no matter what so that the system was not depleted with worthless shots)

The real magic of the system is how cartridges are exchanged. The magazine has a vary stiff spring, I would estimate that it puts about 5 pounds or more of force pushing the 12 grams upward towards the chamber. This keeps the 12 grams in the magazine from sliding anywhere, especially out the hole they came in. The lever that changes cartridges works vary similar to the Micro CA. If you are not familiar with those, it has a vary dense rubber roller (about 1/2" dia) that works like a cam to push a cartridge into a pierce pin. Assuming you can figure out in your head how a lever changer works the only difference between a lever changer and a 6-pack is the automatic exchange of cartridges. When you open the lever three things happen: First, the roller/cam that holds the cartridge against the pierce pin allows the cartridge to move back into position to be ejected. Second, the cartridge uses whatever amount of CO2 that is left in it to force its self back; for this reason it is difficult to dry load empty cartridges (if you want to do so, tip the 6-pack so that gravity does the moving for you, this can be handy, I left an empty in the system so that I did not have to load the first one manually through the top). Finally, a fresh cartridge comes up from the bottom and shoves the empty cartridge against the top of the chamber. The fresh cartridge is now in line with the pierce pin and the spent one is above it venting whatever remaining CO2 is left. All this happens in a lot less then a second. When the lever is closed the new cartridge is pushed home and the spent cartridge is shoved over a lip in the roof of the chamber and out the side of the 6-pack into the air to fall by the side.

Things to note: 6-packs are expensive to operate, you shoot like you have CA and you pay for CO2 at 12 gram prices. They are impractical, it is annoying to count each shot on a semi and you donít need that kind of air for a pump (at least I donít). It will be the coolest air system at the field guaranteed. I donít think any other invention for paintball has the coolness factor of a 6-pack. The smg 60/68 might turn heads too but these things are down right awesome to play with. If the system is cycled fast enough with a full cartridge, a spinning cartridge will fly around and fun can ensue!

As you may notice, this post was written past tense, I bought a 6-pack for the express purpose of finding out how it worked, played a few games with it and sold it. Most people that own them hang them on a wall or put them in a closet, there is no practical use for a 6-pack.
Z50 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Ebay » Ebay Oddities