mcarterbrown.com  

Ebay Oddities Found something funny, out of place, or you just need to share it? Post those here

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 07:41 PM   #21 (permalink)
Post Whore

problem being, i'm betting that the person who buys this is a kid, takes them to the field and bloody well shoots someone with these..

i doubt paintball lenses would hold up to one of these at 300fps.

reported it to ebay as a weapon, as the seller is located about 70k from me and is in canada... these are illegal in canada

Old 04-16-2007, 08:15 PM   #22 (permalink)
MCB Member

i can understand the safety issue of using them in a game and all, but reporting it as a weapon is overkill IMHO.

i think the "MCB safety patrol" is out of line in reporting some things that are listed on ebay. i'm not pointing fingers at anyone either, but i've seen it brought up too many times and i feel that it's not our decision what can and can't be sold on ebay.

if these are illegal in Canada and the seller is in Canada, then ebay has a valid point to shut it down, but otherwise, i see no point in shutting it down.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:24 PM   #23 (permalink)
Post Whore

seller is located in Oshawa, Ontario, a 45 minute drive from me.

and i know there are kids stupid enough to use these at some of the fields near me.

Old 04-16-2007, 09:03 PM   #24 (permalink)
B
Retro grouch

Mostly the low brow teen intelligence core e-bay paintballer will purchase these they are dangerous and need to be regulated just like real pepperballs.

The girl killed outside of Fenway Park was not killed by any 68 cal projectile she was killed by a FN101 basically a 600 fps grenade launcher.

I think we are being hit by a tsunami of stupidity.
Paintball is a game of honor, play it that way!

Nelson Owners Group

RIP Grifyn
Old 04-16-2007, 09:08 PM   #25 (permalink)
Lost the Daylight

Send a message via ICQ to Listessa Send a message via AIM to Listessa Send a message via MSN to Listessa Send a message via Yahoo to Listessa

Who else is going to change the world, Marty? Greenpeace?

People are going to do dumb things. No matter how safe we try to make it for everyone, the world will breed a bigger more reckless idiot. Trust me, we can't just strap the world into one big safety suit in that padded room.

I'd love some of those as squirrel and other nuesence critter deterrent.

Facilis est Descensus Averni.
<--Click to descend to my feedback.
NO'MAAM #2"National Organization Members Against AGG Metrosexuals" Rouge Cell #3
Old 04-16-2007, 11:13 PM   #26 (permalink)
Post Whore

ok, according to the seller, he's actually distributed something like 3000 of these to the US and canada so far...

I don't know about you guys, but i'm going to let my local fields know about these, it may adversely affect BYOP policies.

and these are strictly prohibited in canada under our civilian weapons laws... because they can convert an otherwise 'harmless' sporting item into a leathal weapon. (and because it'd be a lethal weapon with a high-cap magazine and potentially automatic fire...)

Old 04-16-2007, 11:20 PM   #27 (permalink)
Post Whore

So if they are a big problem, and illegal in Canada, why report to the paint fields. What are they going to do? OK kid turn out you pockets let me check your paint for contraband.
If the are that dangerous and illegal, contact the authorities, get the guy shut down permanently.

Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES.. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS
Old 04-16-2007, 11:34 PM   #28 (permalink)
Cobra Paintball Fanatic

Palmers Fan
I'd rather see this guy stop trying to make a buck through shifty marketing than see some signs up at every field from here to hell and back saying...

Quote:
FIELD PAINT ONLY
GOGGLES ON
NO RUBBER BALLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Cameron View Post
Anyone who thinks they can out-birddog a birdog, regardless of weather conditions, is just stupid.
My Feedback
Old 04-17-2007, 02:05 AM   #29 (permalink)
MCB Member

jeezz... ease up. i think there are bigger things to worry about than rubber balls with bearings in them.

i'd actually like to buy some for ****z'n giggles.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:12 AM   #30 (permalink)
68 Cal Junkie

while i also would love to smash stuff in my back yard with these, i have also played with people who thought it would be cool to frezze thier paintballs the night before a game to increase the "sting factor" that thier paintballs caused.
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » Ebay » Ebay Oddities