mcarterbrown.com  

Ebay Oddities Found something funny, out of place, or you just need to share it? Post those here

Old 09-27-2011, 03:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Deathwish_DW Send a message via Yahoo to Deathwish_DW

Someone needs to take him out... hm.

Make your Ion a Mech!!

*Click Me*
Y0da900/Deathwish_DW's Mechanical Ion Kit for Sale Thread
*Click Me*

MCB Feedback 107+
PBN Feedback 355+
eBay Feedback 2600+
Deathwish_DW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
Owner of Crazy Cats

CCM Fan
Here is a link from PBN about what you have to do with people like this.
Theft Report
Disregard the stuff that pertains to PBN and contacting their mods
If i was you I would have this posted on all the paintball forums to make sure that everyone steers clear of this guy on Ebay.
Thunder Bay Pump Club
Dementia Paintball
MCB Feedback
EgoPossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:52 PM   #13 (permalink)

I dealt with someone when I sold a Mini and buyer claimed wasn't accurate description. They filed back through PP to return there money. I filed a dispute on it to either get the marker back or the money and when it looked like PP was going to find in my favor the buyer charged it back through there credit card company. Once they did that PP said its no longer there decision, and washed there hands of it. Ebay did the same.
Needless to say I never saw the money or the marker again.
It happens, but it seems there's more protection for the buyer now so you have to be very cautious.
Though shipping a box of rocks is one I've never gotten yet.
james5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:07 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by james5 View Post
I dealt with someone when I sold a Mini and buyer claimed wasn't accurate description. They filed back through PP to return there money. I filed a dispute on it to either get the marker back or the money and when it looked like PP was going to find in my favor the buyer charged it back through there credit card company. Once they did that PP said its no longer there decision, and washed there hands of it. Ebay did the same.
It happens, but it seems there's more protection for the buyer now so you have to be very cautious.
Dang..thats rough dude.. I would have called the cops then.. straight up robbery there

MCB FEEDBACK

Facebook Page
4G010H3R0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:43 AM   #15 (permalink)

I did some homework on the FBI's site. Here's a copy of the message I just sent this piece of trash.

Dear artemk3301,

I am going to give you one chance to do the right thing. You can send that paintball package back to me in the same condition I shipped it. If not, and you want to continue being a worthless drain on society, that's fine. This is from the FBI's site; "Mail fraud, a felony, carries a sentence of up to five years in prison and/or fines of up to $250,000 when individuals are involved". You broke a very serious law, like many other ebay scammers do. The difference is that they use fake info when committing mail fraud so they don't get caught. Is your info fake? I really don't think it is since I have been able to find out where you live, what high school you attended, and even how you did on the bowling team.
Send my items back or face the FBI's mail fraud division.

Honestly, I think I might report him regardless of whether he sends it back or not.

a noob's ongoing pump project...

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/...fblockpump.jpg

Paintball is like sex...you always wish you had better equipment and someone gets messy in the end.
hedimitrius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:59 AM   #16 (permalink)
Yeah, that was me.

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedimitrius View Post
I did some homework on the FBI's site. Here's a copy of the message I just sent this piece of trash.

Dear artemk3301,

I am going to give you one chance to do the right thing. You can send that paintball package back to me in the same condition I shipped it. If not, and you want to continue being a worthless drain on society, that's fine. This is from the FBI's site; "Mail fraud, a felony, carries a sentence of up to five years in prison and/or fines of up to $250,000 when individuals are involved". You broke a very serious law, like many other ebay scammers do. The difference is that they use fake info when committing mail fraud so they don't get caught. Is your info fake? I really don't think it is since I have been able to find out where you live, what high school you attended, and even how you did on the bowling team.
Send my items back or face the FBI's mail fraud division.

Honestly, I think I might report him regardless of whether he sends it back or not.

I would, he will never learn if hes never caught.
for SALE
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...arrel-ect.html
Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
loocoaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:12 AM   #17 (permalink)
Cobra Paintball Fanatic

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by james5 View Post
This is what a book of grudges is for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Cameron View Post
Anyone who thinks they can out-birddog a birdog, regardless of weather conditions, is just stupid.
My Feedback
ScrapIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:15 AM   #18 (permalink)
Moderating in Moderation

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
I would proceed with the mail fraud - turn the FBI and authorities loose on him, because odds are - your not the first person he has done this too.
Consider it $ spent on entertainment
Politically, Socially and Aerodynamically Incorrect
Everything I have ever loved is immoral or illegal
Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur.
stewart potter common sense, elephant and duck tests
Force this into a gaussian distributed parabolic curve!
oldschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:35 AM   #19 (permalink)
I'll shoot myself anyway

And this person has 100% positive feedback? This is why I never trust "feedback" scores when buying/selling online. The only thing that really matters is the transaction I'm doing now. If that gets screwed up, then their "feedback" may as well be 100% negative as far as I'm concerned.
Get a taste of religion: lick a Baptist!
WebFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:19 PM   #20 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebFisher View Post
And this person has 100% positive feedback? This is why I never trust "feedback" scores when buying/selling online. The only thing that really matters is the transaction I'm doing now. If that gets screwed up, then their "feedback" may as well be 100% negative as far as I'm concerned.
feedback on ebay does not matter now, everything get reset every 12 months and seller can not leave negative fb for the buyer. i been taken a few time on ebay as a buyer and now only use my amx as the funding source, since i know paypal or ebay will not do a thing for me.
hmcl281 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Ebay » Ebay Oddities