mcarterbrown.com  

Ebay Oddities Found something funny, out of place, or you just need to share it? Post those here

Old 03-08-2012, 02:24 AM   #11 (permalink)

As far as replicas of guns go, the field owner in the town I used to live in stripped an ak and a m4 and added the stocks, grips EVERYTHING onto a couple of a5's. It was amazing....
uniwersel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:32 AM   #12 (permalink)
won't look at the camera

Fan of EMR
Nothing vintage about this turd.

"But if somebody left you out on a ledge, If somebody pushed you over the edge, If somebody loved you and left you for dead,
You got to hold on to your time till you break through these times of trouble"
Temple of the Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironnerd88 View Post
Tournament play is about the worst spectator sport out there. I would rather watch Synchronized Dungeons & Dragons.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Chappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Nope, not evemn remotely vintage I picked one up new about a year ago off e-bay new for ~$50 ... they aren't great but make nice tinker fodder for anyone looking to have an AK replica (like me). Mine was labled C.A. marker though.
It uses a lot of real steel bits on an aluminum body and lets just say the machining is ... well ... 2yr old with a hand file-esq ... but it works as it should and make paintballs fly downrange well enough, just needs some basic home modding to make it work reliably. $30 shipped is more than I'd pay for that one though.
I have no life, I'm just a dad in constant flux between baby naps and 8yr old tantrums.
Rockfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:39 PM   #14 (permalink)
Rec Poster

As some one else said, it looks like a Tacamo Type 68 or spyder clone. It is in horrible shape, looks like some lost in the field and this person found it months or years later. That's not patina that is plain and simple rust and corrosion. It needs a lot of work. In the pictures, it even goes down the barrel. God only knows what he internal look like. It is obviously missing parts(definitely the mag assembly). Then he wants $19 for shipping. Unless he gives it to you, not worth the effort.

I have restored several paintball and real steal guns. I can tell you right now, the rust and corrosion is so deep into the steal of the gun, no matter how much you sand, oil, chemically treat, and refinish it, in 6 months to a year it will be back.

For who ever buys it...
The only thing that might stop the rust, is this stuff they call "Naval Jelly". This is a chemical that is supposed to change rust on a molecular level and harden it. depending on how bad the rust is, takes more than one application. You should be able to buy it an any hardware or automotive store. Be aware, it is on the expensive side, but I have used it(on cars any way), and it does work.

Who ever buys this marker, I wish you good luck with it...
CIERA1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:18 PM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
He has a semi-custom sniper made from a tracer in his other sales section that does look too bad.
Anoon is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Ebay » Ebay Oddities