mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Ebay Oddities (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ebay-oddities/)
-   -   Way overpriced Crosman 3357s (but they are super rare and valuable!) (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ebay-oddities/235829-way-overpriced-crosman-3357s-but-they-super-rare-valuable.html)

acrewofone 06-18-2013 10:57 AM

Way overpriced Crosman 3357s (but they are super rare and valuable!)

RARE Vintage Crosman 3357 Spotball Marker Paintball 50 Caliber | eBay

Looks like it's in very bad shape, lots of parts missing, would need a lot of work (but bidding starts at the hefty price of $199).

...and what is with the FREE SHIPPING, but in the description it says this:

"Shipping supplies will be charged to buyer like bubble wrap, tape, peanuts, and a used box."

..plus it could take a month to ship!:

"Shipping might take up to a month since it will be sent by ground mail since it is very big and heavy."

I messaged the buyer about all this, and all he would say was "these are very rare and almost impossible to find, they made less than a dozen, and in good condition, they sell for over $350, so this auction is very reasonably priced."

...hmm, if Crosman made less than a dozen, how come I have been about to buy/rebuild/resell over 30 of them in the last 3 years?

Here is another great auction on gunbroker.com (also listed for sale on cliffsgunsmithing.com)

NEW*Crosman 3357 Spot Marker - Paint Ball Gun : Paintball Guns at GunBroker.com

(not even a real picture of the item, just a generic picture form the web)

I also contacted this guy, and offered him $150, (since his auction has been running for over 3 years and has not sold). His response was "these sell for $450-$500! and at the price of only $250 it's going to go quick!"

...hmmm... yeah "go quick" like the fact that it has not gone anywhere for over 3 years?

Gotta love peoples thoughts on the value of stuff they have...

redthirst 06-18-2013 11:17 AM

I hate trying to deal with people who are completely disconnected from reality.

"These go for $400-500!" is code for "I once saw someone list (but not sell) something similar for that much so that's what I want to believe mine is worth."

:rolleyes:

Yes, I see people overvalue their crap all the time, too, but that doesn't mean it's the going rate.

DashHopes 06-18-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acrewofone (Post 2736697)
...hmm, if Crosman made less than a dozen, how come I have been about to buy/rebuild/resell over 30 of them in the last 3 years?

Its because you have been rebuilding and reselling the same 6 over and over again.

acrewofone 06-18-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DashHopes (Post 2736738)
Its because you have been rebuilding and reselling the same 6 over and over again.

Oh, I thought they looked familiar....

I kept telling myself that someone sure did a nice job on this 3357...

BTW, as of now, I have actually repurchased 4 of the ones that I rebuilt and sold. Repurchased them, went over them again and resold them again.

magnificent7 06-18-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acrewofone (Post 2736697)
I messaged the buyer about all this, and all he would say was "these are very rare and almost impossible to find, they made less than a dozen, and in good condition, they sell for over $350, so this auction is very reasonably priced."

I also have seen some people ask some crazy prices for these in the past few years.

And I too have probably sold about (5) 3357s in the last 3 years-most of which here on MCB. (FYI: I even have one below in my sales link - in full working order :D)

Typically in the past, I got around $150-$175.00 range for my working 3357s.

I am currently asking $190.00 SHIPPED on the one I have for sale. I probably won't get that, but I'm asking more now because of these types of prices I've seen on them. Plus I figured asking a little more would give me a little room to negotiate if needed.

But I'm not going to try to totally rip someone off here on MCB. However, maybe I should drop it on eBay and try. :scratch: ;)

acrewofone 06-18-2013 04:21 PM

You should try it on ebay, might get a good price, compared to the $199 piece of junk coming up in searches.

I sold a pair of rebuilt ones on ebay a couple of weeks ago, for $365 (was only asking $325 for the pair on MCB).

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnificent7 (Post 2736961)
I also have seen some people ask some crazy prices for these in the past few years.

And I too have probably sold about (5) 3357s in the last 3 years-most of which here on MCB. (FYI: I even have one below in my sales link - in full working order :D)

Typically in the past, I got around $150-$175.00 range for my working 3357s.

I am currently asking $190.00 SHIPPED on the one I have for sale. I probably won't get that, but I'm asking more now because of these types of prices I've seen on them. Plus I figured asking a little more would give me a little room to negotiate if needed.

But I'm not going to try to totally rip someone off here on MCB. However, maybe I should drop it on eBay and try. :scratch: ;)

magnificent7 06-18-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acrewofone (Post 2736987)
You should try it on ebay, might get a good price, compared to the $199 piece of junk coming up in searches.

I sold a pair of rebuilt ones on ebay a couple of weeks ago, for $365 (was only asking $325 for the pair on MCB).

http://i875.photobucket.com/albums/a...psd0d9a047.jpg

Working Crosman Spotmarker 3357 50cal Caliber Revolver Pistol Paintball | eBay

Just for sh*ts & giggles, I put a $250.00 BUY IT NOW or BEST OFFER, so we will see what this can bring.

FYI: If someone wants the 3357 here on MCB, PM me & don't buy it through eBay. I'll cut you a better deal here. :thumbup:

acrewofone 06-19-2013 11:46 AM

Hey check it out, there's some fool on ebay that thinks he can get $250 for a 3357!

(I'm going to Best Offer him $100...hah)

Wait, that guy seems familiar....

DashHopes 06-19-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acrewofone (Post 2737686)
Hey check it out, there's some fool on ebay that thinks he can get $250 for a 3357!

(I'm going to Best Offer him $100...hah)

Wait, that guy seems familiar....

The nerve of some people today :rolleyes: :p

magnificent7 06-22-2013 07:05 PM

Well I was able to sell my 3357 on eBay. I accepted a BEST OFFER of $200.00.