mcarterbrown.com  

Ebay Oddities Found something funny, out of place, or you just need to share it? Post those here

Old 09-13-2017, 04:48 PM   #31 (permalink)
EMT's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
The vast majority of people in airports would miss their flight worth several hundred dollars if they tried to keep their 15 to 50 dollar pocket tool.

A vending machine selling prepaid envelopes with a mail box that you can use without losing your space in line would make the federal government more money and allow citizens to keep their junk. Just because you have two choices and one that doesn't mean you lose your property doesn't mean it's a good situation or one that can't be improved with very little effort.

I look at it like.... if you go to the airlort with a knife in your pocket expecting to actually be allowed to board a plain with it.. your a ****ing dum dum ....
its more then two choices....

Its being smarter then thinking hey, this knife will be cool with security...

Want to improve upon it, with very little effort?

Simply leave the banned **** at home...tada! Problem solved..simple...
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=170725

My Drinking Team Has A Paintball Problem.
------
I Shot The Sheriff,The Deputy And The Ref.. But We All Knew The Ref Had It Coming.
NoX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 12:16 PM   #32 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLachance75 View Post

You are given many options on what you want to do with the prohibited item that you have. If the airport that you are traveling through has that service it should be offered to you.
If that were true I wouldn't have had hundreds of dollars worth of tools and evil nail clippers seized when I was flying on a routine basis.
Old 09-18-2017, 02:15 PM   #33 (permalink)
Cobra Paintball Fanatic

PPS Fan
Back in 2002 I had to stop into the offices of the Social Security Administration in Des Moines, IA. On my way into the building I was told that the tiny swiss army knife attached to my key chain would not be allowed past security, and the security guy monitoring the metal detector said I could either run it out to my car or I could throw it away.

So I'm thinking to myself, I'm 5 min from this important meeting, and I'm parked about a 10 minute walk away. I asked the security guy if he could just hang on to the thing for me and I'd snag it on my way out. "No, we can't do that" was his reply.
So kind of pissed off about the situation, I went ahead and took the mini swiss army knife off of my key chain and tossed it into the garbage can that he held out.
Then I watched him set the can down on the far side of the security station near the exit.

On my way out after my meeting I stopped at the security desk, leaned over the counter and plucked my knife out of the garbage can. The security guy told me "hey you can't do that." I just held up the swiss army knife and thanked him for holding my pocket knife for me.
That knife is still on my keychain today [sarcasm]awaiting my next attempt to go on a berserk stabbing spree with the .75" scissors or the 1.5" blade.[/sarcasm]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Cameron View Post
Anyone who thinks they can out-birddog a birdog, regardless of weather conditions, is just stupid.
My Feedback
ScrapIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 02:41 PM   #34 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapIron View Post
Back in 2002 I had to stop into the offices of the Social Security Administration in Des Moines, IA. On my way into the building I was told that the tiny swiss army knife attached to my key chain would not be allowed past security, and the security guy monitoring the metal detector said I could either run it out to my car or I could throw it away.

So I'm thinking to myself, I'm 5 min from this important meeting, and I'm parked about a 10 minute walk away. I asked the security guy if he could just hang on to the thing for me and I'd snag it on my way out. "No, we can't do that" was his reply.
So kind of pissed off about the situation, I went ahead and took the mini swiss army knife off of my key chain and tossed it into the garbage can that he held out.
Then I watched him set the can down on the far side of the security station near the exit.

On my way out after my meeting I stopped at the security desk, leaned over the counter and plucked my knife out of the garbage can. The security guy told me "hey you can't do that." I just held up the swiss army knife and thanked him for holding my pocket knife for me.
That knife is still on my keychain today [sarcasm]awaiting my next attempt to go on a berserk stabbing spree with the .75" scissors or the 1.5" blade.[/sarcasm]
Old 10-13-2017, 06:06 AM   #35 (permalink)
Magnum p.i. Wannabe

I wonder if they offer Air Shipping?
Old 10-13-2017, 09:43 PM   #36 (permalink)
EMT's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapIron View Post
sarcasm]awaiting my next attempt to go on a berserk stabbing spree with the .75" scissors or the 1.5" blade.[/sarcasm]

Never underestimate a tiny blade....all it takes is a well placed stab... (insert sarcasim here)
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=170725

My Drinking Team Has A Paintball Problem.
------
I Shot The Sheriff,The Deputy And The Ref.. But We All Knew The Ref Had It Coming.
NoX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 04:46 PM   #37 (permalink)
MCB Member

I forgot about a screwdriver I had in my pocket while in line for the checked baggage, I just carefully slid it into my checked bag. I was glad I remembered it then.
blitz121 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Ebay » Ebay Oddities