mcarterbrown.com  

Ebay Oddities Found something funny, out of place, or you just need to share it? Post those here

Old 10-25-2006, 02:14 AM   #11 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTRN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstar
Clearly you have no idea what your talking about. Good quality produce costs money regardless of what your growing. Be it Oranges or Pot.
Last I looked, a pound of potatoes was $.50. A pound of weed was $2K. Potatoes require a great deal of land, chemicals and equipment, Marijuana does not.
Marijuana is overpriced because it is a black market item. Make it legal and it would go for probably far less than that pound of potatoes.

Then the junkies you complain about so vociferously wouldn't have a profit motive to be growing the stuff.

Best,
-Zander
ZanderC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 03:04 AM   #12 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanderC View Post
Marijuana is overpriced because it is a black market item. Make it legal and it would go for probably far less than that pound of potatoes.
That's my point. They're willing to spend obscene amounts of money, on something that inheritantly doesn't have the value the market price demands. They're a gullible bunch, especially where toker culture is concerned - hence my expectation that the seller will no doubt get his price, no doubt by some player who likes the doobage, all because it has the stupid potleaf stenciled on it.. I wonder what you could get for a cannibis camo gun? I'm sure it would be easy to make up a pattern, and to duracoat a gun with it.

And believe it or not, while the grower I knew occasionally smoked pot, he was mostly in it for the money.

HTRN
Old 10-25-2006, 03:10 AM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via MSN to Frontier_Bill

I have considered growing pot from time to time...

But, then I realized that I like firearms, and don't want to be exempt from certain privileges (Concealed carry) because I got a stupid felony for selling pot...

SOOooo... as previously stated elsewhere, desire of money = root of evil.

No pot growing for this guy. I'll just get rich the hard way, whoring my body.

Danger: Reading online forums may cause irreparable damage to your faith in Humanity.
Team Rogue Cell #10
Feedback
NO'MAAM #16
Frontier_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 07:29 AM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

Yep, and the outside has been modified. Last time I checked,no stickers or after market paint is allowed on the tank.To hide cracks or damage etc.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:13 AM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
HTRN you are 100% wrong. Have you been to Amsterdam? It's legal there and it still has a market value well above your silly assumptions. The "Weed" that grows in your backyard is a million times different than $2000/pound stuff. IF that's what your "friend" was selling no doubt you have no idea what quality is. Do you seriously think it's as easy as throwing a seed in the ground and waiting? If so, quite foolish. Compare what's floating around a normal Hight School to what's for sale in Amsterdam and you'd blow your mind. Quality produce of any type requires plenty of time and effort.

Quote:
That's my point. They're willing to spend obscene amounts of money, on something that inheritantly doesn't have the value the market price demands.
Actually the market does set the price. That's what happens in a Supply/Demand structure with very tightly controlled supply. Perhaps you should brush up economics?

If you think his product is unsafe or ugly well I can't argue with that. Like I said I would never buy that tank. But if your going to spew BS about something you clearly have no idea about, well you just sound silly.

-MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder_Pilot View Post
It will eventually get to the point where you're living in the back of a '78 Oldsmobile with a trunk full of the finest paintball gear known to man.
DarkStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 10:40 AM   #16 (permalink)

That is actually a legit ebayer. Just like the rasta angels, she (i think) is cashing in on a big market. Some of her other work looks very nice.

It's not illegal, since the tanks are new when its done, and the paint wont hide any dings or scratches.
sniper1rfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 09:51 PM   #17 (permalink)
I've porked many

Just you all wait I've been working on my own stonerflaudge airbrushed mask. I'll post some pictures as soon as I finish. I was thinking about experimenting with the unique mask craze now currently of pbn. If money is involved a trually unique masdk can be done.

My Feedback Thread[/SIZE][/SIZE]
pillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 06:50 PM   #18 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar View Post
IF that's what your "friend" was selling no doubt you have no idea what quality is. Do you seriously think it's as easy as throwing a seed in the ground and waiting? If so, quite foolish. Compare what's floating around a normal Hight School to what's for sale in Amsterdam and you'd blow your mind. Quality produce of any type requires plenty of time and effort.
Bull****.

You may be interested to know that he was using a full tilt hydroponic setup. AND HE WAS GETTING $2K/LB. I can probably build a 99 plant Hydrofarm in somebodys basement for under $5K. Because it's done with timers, and pumps, less than 10 minutes a day of work. That's $200K in gross income. for a 1 time investment of $5K, plus the seeds.

I don't see cultivators spending $2million on Combines - but a guy I used to own property did. I watched a 20/20 special on pot farmers a bunch of years ago - they talked to a Iowa corn farmer who got busted - he had a half acre of weed growing under netting in the middle of his 500 acre corn farm. They asked him why he did it - "Money - I made more money growing a little pot, than a lot of corn". It also showed somebody who made their living growing pot... In suburbia - He said "Why work?. Grow weed, it's easy and no effort" - his entire basement was converted to a "burb farm".

You seem to think it takes secret knowledge or skills to grow high end marijuana. It doesn't. If it did, 90% of the people growing it in basements, apartments, etc, wouldn't be doing it. Hell, they discovered 600 plants growing in Fresh kills landfill. Farming in general isn't brainsurgery, and Marijuana is one of the easiest crops to grow.

And I stand by my original assertation - that stoners are stupid, would anybody buy this for $35 if had been instead a playboy logo? No. But put a 5 pointed leaf on anything, and they'll buy it, even if it costs double for the undecorated version.

HTRN
Old 10-26-2006, 08:06 PM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTRN View Post
You seem to think it takes secret knowledge or skills to grow high end marijuana.
HTRN
No, It requires a much greater willingness to break the law. Hard to convince a judge your entire basement is a grow room because of your own personal consumption. You can easily find all the information you want online as well as many stores that sell seeds from high end lines.

You've already made my point. It does require a large investment to get started. Of course it pays for itself. But not everyone wants a grow room in their house. They are quite happy to pay someone else to take that risk and along with that risk comes the reward of money.

Just like many people are happy to pay to have PB stuff milled when the could easily buy a mill or lathe and do it themselves. Does that make everyone who goes to Rainman or Palmer's a sucker? Not really. All it means is they would rather take the easy way out (and the time-conserving way) of paying someone else to do it.

By your logic anyone who doesn't herd their own beef, grow their own crops and brew their own beer should be labeled as fools. That's just silly.

-MR

Quote:
It will eventually get to the point where you're living in the back of a '78 Oldsmobile with a trunk full of the finest paintball gear known to man.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:12 PM   #20 (permalink)
Post Whore

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTRN View Post
Hell, they discovered 600 plants growing in Fresh kills landfill. Farming in general isn't brainsurgery, and Marijuana is one of the easiest crops to grow.
Your jumping back and forth. This stuff they found growing at the land fill. Was it comparable to the stuff your friend grew with his high end grow room? I have plenty of experience with Herb Gardens and "Herb" gardens. Doing it right requires patience and time. No matter what your growing. Even more so if your into organic farming. I never said it was brain surgery. I said it has a real market value far above your 50 cent a lb. figure.

-MR

Quote:

mcarterbrown.com » Ebay » Ebay Oddities