mcarterbrown.com  

Ebay Oddities Found something funny, out of place, or you just need to share it? Post those here

Old 10-26-2006, 08:54 PM   #21 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

It's illegal to fill tanks that don't have the safety sticker actually on them, or at least it was several years ago. Aparrently people were taking the stickers off and trying to get shops to pass 12oz tanks as 14oz. I had to throw away a tank because of it.

There's a big differnce between using a mill and lathe and growing a plant. It's not like it's a delicate plant, this stuff used to grow in ditches next to roads all over the country until the government eradicated it. It would have a higher market value then a lot of other crops due to the quantities it's used in. A pound of potatoes makes a few sides for meals. A pound of weed would keep even a hardcore pot head satisfied for a long time. I will admit though, from what I seen, pot growing seems to produce the most money for your work of any crop in the world.

AKA Snuggles Smith

Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=5149

Last edited by Do Little; 10-26-2006 at 08:59 PM.
Do Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:43 PM   #22 (permalink)
XYZZY

Send a message via AIM to Jaan Send a message via Yahoo to Jaan

People ... it's spelled; potato. I don't think it's been spelled right once this entire thread. Damned strait edgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTRN View Post
That's my point. They're willing to spend obscene amounts of money, on something that inheritantly doesn't have the value the market price demands. They're a gullible bunch ...
A lot of people say the same thing about paintball. It's amazing how easily you can justify the cost once you like something enough. Tell someone who doesn't play what you spent on paintball, anything more than $30 will seem like a lot to them.

Quote:
...especially where toker culture is concerned - hence my expectation that the seller will no doubt get his price, no doubt by some player who likes the doobage, all because it has the stupid potleaf stenciled on it..
You seem to have a real prejudice against people ... or at least your perception of the cliche image of people ... who smoke pot. Your perception probably comes from the small segment that has let their substance abuse get out of control to the point that it becomes a problem. There are plenty of people who smoke pot and are perfectly normal, reasonable, and decent people. It's no different then people who drink alcohol, but you wouldn't make a blanket statement about everyone who has a drink like you did about people who smoke pot.

By the way before you ask, I'm totally strait edge. I don't even drink coffee.

Quote:
I wonder what you could get for a cannibis camo gun? I'm sure it would be easy to make up a pattern, and to duracoat a gun with it.
At the AO/AKA meet at Fox 4 paintball this year I saw a really nicely done AKA gun with the cannabis pattern. It was quite spectacular I must say.

I don't think the price of the tank is outrageous. It's not a bad pattern. This is the US of A and everyone has a right to make a profit. I always hear people say "I could do that" ... I heard someone say that about a Jackson Pollock painting the other day. My advice is always the same; go ahead. It often ends up being harder that you think.

And before you figure the cost of growing pot yourself don't forget to factor in the real costs ... the risk you're taking. Unless you're willing to loose your property, your life savings, and your freedom maybe you're better off letting someone else take all the risk, and maybe taking the chance of getting busted for simple possession.

"My happiness doesn't depend on anything. My heart is always happy. I do have anger issues though."
Jaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 11:12 PM   #23 (permalink)
CHEERS!

???
Illegal? Unsafe?

Not illegal to paint a Co2 tank, not unsafe either. Especially if you fill your own like I do. Doesn't need a label... hydro dates are stamped on. Heck, he even mentions his painting techniques won't jeopardize the integrity of the tank. Not heat dry, etc.

Looks like good quality airbrush work to me. Nice fades.

All you "nay-sayers" must just be prudes. If it was airbrushed MCB logos or something all of you would be saying "That's awesome... sign me up!"

Lighten up people, errrr... prudes.

Now... to go smoke a bowl.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:48 PM   #24 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

So that's changed now? It has been about 6 or 7 years since I had that problem.

AKA Snuggles Smith

Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=5149
Do Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 12:53 AM   #25 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaan View Post
You seem to have a real prejudice against people ... or at least your perception of the cliche image of people ... who smoke pot. Your perception probably comes from the small segment that has let their substance abuse get out of control to the point that it becomes a problem. There are plenty of people who smoke pot and are perfectly normal, reasonable, and decent people. It's no different then people who drink alcohol, but you wouldn't make a blanket statement about everyone who has a drink like you did about people who smoke pot..
Most of my friends in high school till my early twenties were potheads. Most of the people I knew in highschool were potheads - probably over a hundred. The ones I knew, for the most part, were lazy, mooching jackasses, who try to borrow money from you if they could - don't expect to get it back, ever. Like you said, I can only go by personal experience - mine involved not one or two, but dozens of individuals. I didn't know anybody that "occasionally" took a hit - the people I knew lit up daily.

And I don't like drunks either.

HTRN
Old 10-27-2006, 11:18 AM   #26 (permalink)
CHEERS!

Quote:
Nice. ANOTHER gross general blanket statement. Not everyone who drinks is a drunk.

Your closed-minded stereotype-driven generalizations are quite sad.

Quote:
And I stand by my original assertation - that stoners are stupid, would anybody buy this for $35 if had been instead a playboy logo? No. But put a 5 pointed leaf on anything, and they'll buy it,
And I stand by MY original assertion that if they were MCB logos then some of you prudes would be all for it.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:49 PM   #27 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Do Little View Post
It's illegal to fill tanks that don't have the safety sticker actually on them, or at least it was several years ago. Aparrently people were taking the stickers off and trying to get shops to pass 12oz tanks as 14oz. I had to throw away a tank because of it.
You do know that tanks are stamped with their original hydro dates and fill size? Only someone who has no clue would be fooled by a missing sticker. While there's nothing wrong with them refusing to fill it(they can for any reason) to suggest that a missing sticker means an unknown tank is far from the truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Do Little View Post
There's a big differnce between using a mill and lathe and growing a plant. It's not like it's a delicate plant, this stuff used to grow in ditches next to roads all over the country until the government eradicated it. It would have a higher market value then a lot of other crops due to the quantities it's used in. A pound of potatoes makes a few sides for meals. A pound of weed would keep even a hardcore pot head satisfied for a long time. I will admit though, from what I seen, pot growing seems to produce the most money for your work of any crop in the world.
Actually, no there isn't. Both require rudimentary knowledge (Wich can be learned on line or from any library) and the right equipment to get started, to do it well requires much more knowledge, experience, and patience. Have you seen what weed that grows naturally looks like? It's not something youd want to smoke. It's not something I would ever smoke. Seriously, if your saying otherwise you really have no knowledge of Pot. That's fine, why should non-smokers be wise to it? But to claim that they are even similiar clearly shows your speaking of things without knowing anything about them.

Quote:
Most of my friends in high school till my early twenties were potheads. Most of the people I knew in highschool were potheads - probably over a hundred. The ones I knew, for the most part, were lazy, mooching jackasses, who try to borrow money from you if they could - don't expect to get it back, ever. Like you said, I can only go by personal experience - mine involved not one or two, but dozens of individuals. I didn't know anybody that "occasionally" took a hit - the people I knew lit up daily.
Anecdotal experience does not make fact. Almost everyone I know smokes once in a while. They are all college educated with good jobs. (100k a year jobs). For every anecdote one person has, there is a counter. As for your personal close-mindedness I can only wonder if someone close to you had a bad drug problem/alcohol problem and it has colored your viewpoint. I can understand that. I have a friend (Known him for 20+ years) who doesn't drink or drug because he grew up with an older brother with a serious drug problem (Coke/Speed/Heroin/Alcohol). I respect his decision just as he respects mine. I've never pushed my preference on him; and he's never put me down for my preferance. Here's something to think about. Maybe those people your describing as "lazy, mooching jackasses" were exactly that, having nothing to do with pot but their actual personalities?
Quote:
You don't like drunks or you don't like people who drink? I'm begining to see a patern here. Perhaps it would serve you well to learn about other people rather then condemn them with your closed mind.

-MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder_Pilot View Post
It will eventually get to the point where you're living in the back of a '78 Oldsmobile with a trunk full of the finest paintball gear known to man.
DarkStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 11:16 PM   #28 (permalink)
Lost the Daylight

Send a message via ICQ to Listessa Send a message via AIM to Listessa Send a message via MSN to Listessa Send a message via Yahoo to Listessa

Feh. Just not my taste.
Now airbrush some wolves, or something along those lines on the tank and I'd be more about it.

Facilis est Descensus Averni.
<--Click to descend to my feedback.
NO'MAAM #2"National Organization Members Against AGG Metrosexuals" Rouge Cell #3
Listessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 12:41 AM   #29 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listessa View Post
Feh. Just not my taste.
Now airbrush some wolves, or something along those lines on the tank and I'd be more about it.
Ask and ye shall receive:

Stencil available here, or you can simply print out the above image, lay a sheet of transparency over it, and trim out the stencil.

HTRN
Old 10-28-2006, 01:36 AM   #30 (permalink)
Lost the Daylight

Send a message via ICQ to Listessa Send a message via AIM to Listessa Send a message via MSN to Listessa Send a message via Yahoo to Listessa

Hey not bad! Thanks!

Facilis est Descensus Averni.
<--Click to descend to my feedback.
NO'MAAM #2"National Organization Members Against AGG Metrosexuals" Rouge Cell #3
Listessa is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Ebay » Ebay Oddities