mcarterbrown.com

Ebay Oddities Found something funny, out of place, or you just need to share it? Post those here

Old 08-16-2009, 09:01 AM   #21 (permalink)
Not one of the cool kids

I still have a lump on the side of my head from where a "friend" hit me with a smokeball from a wrist rocket. Yay for growing up in the county!
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:10 AM   #22 (permalink)
Hoarder not Whore

BB war and lawn darts!

Did both as a kid before paintball back in the late 70's early 80's

BB wars...2 pumps on the pellet guns and no goggles!

Lawn Darts....My cousin and I would both stand inside one of the plastic rings (face-to-face)and throw a single lawn dart straight up above our heads. We would stare at each other and the first to run away was the "chicken"!

Its a wonder I'm still alive

P.S. most of the time my cousin was "chicken"

Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Dave-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 03:18 PM   #23 (permalink)
Heart of a Sheridan!

Brass N Wood Fan
Well, have a story.

One day I get the bright idea that me and my friend's could shoot each other with pellet's gun's (which I have lot's of) and the pellet wouldn't be powerful enough to go into the skin.

Let me tell you guy's something before I go on. I used all my pellet gun's, including one we used, to hunt chipmonk's and black tree rat's. Not only did thay kill them, but the pellet's would go right through.

Anyway, So I bring my beeman singel shot pistol along to my friend's house and say "Ok, Sean and Dave are going to chase Me and Josh and shoot us" We're like age's 14 to 17 and it never came to mind that I kill thing's with these gun's. So we we take off and Me and Josh are head'n her pretty good untill I started slowing down and couldn't run anymore.

THEN IT HIT ME!!!! (not the pellet, yet) "Golly, this is going to hurt"

So we're standing there in my friend's sand pit, I trying to talk Sean out of shooting me, Dave (age 16) screaming "SHOOT HIM" and Sean is pointing the gun straght at me with a really look on his face.

So he shoot's, I do a Matrix thing and get my bottem lip blown off. The shot was a through and through and left a Big hole (HP round). My Mon was... let just say she turned in to "Hulket" on the other's.

Well, anyway. As you were.

B.T.W
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkT View Post
Didn't you post this before?
The Winchester Project
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...ml#post2116101

And me feedback.
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
PAINTBALL GUY 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 03:51 PM   #24 (permalink)
This is Madness!

CCM Fan
and to think, I was grounded for almost a month for holding a roman candle. Not shooting it at anyone, just holding it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
I love how DMW douches want so badly to justify their douchocity! I remain steadfast in my position of counterdouche douchebaggery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rksabre View Post
It's cool, no one can resist playing with an eightball. They're pretty much the best toy/decision making device/CEO of General Motors, ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRaptor
FEAR NOT, FAIR WOMEN, FOR THOU ART SWAG AS F***!
thisissparta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 04:09 PM   #25 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to stupiddogg Send a message via Skype™ to stupiddogg

Yes I did the bb wars, 1 pump only bitches ! lol Yes I shot a buddy out of a tree and the game was over lmao. We lived next to an almond orchard, lots of stupid shat went on in the "grove"
God, the memories

Now, who in here taped a .410 shotgun shell to the end of their bb gun? ( yes I was stupid)
Split that red ryder barrel right down the middle (think elmer fudd when bugs puts his finger in the barrel) Luckily I didnt get hurt.

SD
stupiddogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 04:18 PM   #26 (permalink)
Heart of a Sheridan!

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by stupiddogg View Post
Now, who in here taped a .410 shotgun shell to the end of their bb gun? ( yes I was stupid)
Split that red ryder barrel right down the middle (think elmer fudd when bugs puts his finger in the barrel) Luckily I didnt get hurt.

SD
Not a .410 but a 12 with no shot in it, just powder and the wad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkT View Post
Didn't you post this before?
The Winchester Project
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...ml#post2116101

And me feedback.
PAINTBALL GUY 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:45 PM   #27 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisissparta View Post
and to think, I was grounded for almost a month for holding a roman candle. Not shooting it at anyone, just holding it.
Hehehehe. Loser. You had /responsible/ parents.

Not only did we shoot roman candles at each other.. we also liked to light the fuse on a bottle rocket and throw it so that it tumbled end over end, and dodge it if it came at us. Of course we through those tiny little firecrackers that came on a string at each other.. But the best was blowing up cowpies. Man, that made a mess.

When it wasn't explosives, we liked to invent American Gladiator style games. Like when we put a board over a shallow ditch like a bridge, and tried to knock each other off it with broomsticks. Or 'combat sledding'. Where you sled side by side and try to knock the other guy off of his.

Granted, none of it holds a candle to Dave's lawn dart chicken. Wow, you really should have been Darwined out, dude
bgearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:50 PM   #28 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgearing View Post
we also liked to light the fuse on a bottle rocket and throw it so that it tumbled end over end, and dodge it if it came at us.
This was a July 4th ritual when I was younger. We'd go out to my aunt's farm, who always went up to Wyoming and bought 150+ dollars worth of firecrackers, and let all the cousins and anyone else who wanted to light them off on the 4th. I'm surprised no one ever got *badly* hurt, and I'm also surprised we never lit her farm on fire.

But boy, was it ever fun

schuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:10 PM   #29 (permalink)
Hoarder not Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgearing View Post

Granted, none of it holds a candle to Dave's lawn dart chicken. Wow, you really should have been Darwined out, dude
True. That was probably THE STUPIDEST thing I have ever done. I unfortunately have many more and since we are kind of off topic anyways...

When I was about 12 there was a rock quarry near my neighborhood where my friends and I were specifically forbidden to play (This was an abandoned granite quarry in New Hampshire that had flooded when they reached the water table) The adults told us that some kid had drowned there to keep us away.

Anyways we used to ride our bikes over to the quarry. We would tie a long rope to the seat stem of one of our bikes and the other to a big tree at the top of a cliff above the water. Then we would ride our bikes as fast as possible off of the cliff and bail over the airspace before landing in the water below.

The cliff in reality was probably 30 or 35 feet high but it SEEMED hundreds of feet to us! And to this day I have no idea how deep the quarry water was. Afterward's we would swim to shore and haul the bike up the cliff to do it again!

One day all we hauled up was the seat of the bike! After spending the rest of the afternoon searching the water for the bike my friend (also named David) had to go home. Though he promised he wouldn't tell how he lost the bike. The next day we all knew he had cracked under the questioning and certain beating he got. His parents called my parents and well needless to say everyone was grounded.

Its been 30 years and that bike is still somewhere down there.

Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Dave-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:13 PM   #30 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-D View Post
Its been 30 years and that bike is still somewhere down there.
Along with countless dumped bodies, no doubt. Plus some shopping carts.

schuby is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Ebay » Ebay Oddities