mcarterbrown.com  

Old 12-25-2011, 02:28 AM   #11 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Interesting look at planet, but you do realized almost all markers operate the same or similar to another? The whole they coppiced has been played out in every company that it is just old complaints in my option. Most the air smiths worker learn off the same or similar systems. Of course they will make simular markers. There is only so many ways to make a marker work. Planet has advance in many ways since the days of just after market products is very easy to see. Please tell me. Company that someone will not say copied there marker? Not so sure you can unless you go way back to the first ones. It's not making something new that's important. It's making it work correct n better. N in alot of cases to make it more affordable to the masses. I do believe planet has pulled that off so yes they have help the sport in advancements in my option. N I shoot bob long now. Just my option but each to there own

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/e...ml#post2519002
crawler78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 11:44 AM   #12 (permalink)
ger
Nothing to see here folks

I'll buy part of what Furion is saying, one of the biggest reasons for their success has been their marketing... that department has more than earned its' Christmas bonuses over the last few years. But eventually marketing can only get you so far, even the blindest fanboi is eventually gonna notice a crap product. But that's not what PE puts out, they produce solid markers regardless of how similar they are in function to previous tech. Like crawler wrote, there's only so many ways to fire a paintball - almost every modern valve is some derivative of a sheridan in some small way.

R.I.P. Battlefront Paintball
ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Yea, Crawler does have a point, but I can't agree with it. Based on that type of logic then Golf should be the same as Basketball. Both sports you put a ball in a ring shaped object and you score points. But we can agree that they are two totally different things.

I understand what you guys are saying. The basics of a solendoid drives the hammer connected to a ram (one of the gayest things Eclipse did was call it a Rammer) and it strikes a valve pin that opens it up to let air out and shoot the gun.

But if thats the case, why doesn't anyone say the Intimidator is an obvious copy of the Angel, or the Bushmaster is a copy of the Intimidator/Angel. I can on and on. The EGO did copy the Intimidator, now there is nothing wrong with that concept. But to think Eclipse innovates anymore is a joke.

I agree with ger, you cant market a piece of garbage and have people believe you and buy your stuff. So Eclipse doesn't make garbage, they guns are fine. Well except the bent to **** frames that Eclipse says is for "safety".

Another example of marketing bringing your success is Virtue. Their owner is dumber than a box of rocks, but he had funding and marketed the crap out of his product. His product is mediocre at best when compared to someone like Tadao. Tadao makes the best quality product there is and is second to no one.

Anyhow, not to deviate from the thread. Eclipse just copies, makes it pretty, hands sponsorships like candy, markets really well and charges alot. And there is nothing at all wrong with that. I have to hand it to them. I've never seen so many dumb little kids pining over the new SL then pay 1600 for it. Damn, envious of their marketing is probably the best way to describe my feeling about Eclipse.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
Delta Ops

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Heres the full history (from planet eclipses ETV):

Part 1
Unemployable: The Planet Eclipse Documentary (part 1 of 4) - YouTube

Part 2
Unemployable Eclipse Documentary part 2 - YouTube

Part 3
Unemployable Eclipse Documentary part 3 - YouTube

Part 4
Unemployable Eclipse Documentary Conclusion - YouTube
Main Guns:
Vicious EGO9 Green/Gloss Purple
Evil Minion 7
2k5 Dark Timmy Black/Red Fade

PbN: Pbkidminion
minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:16 PM   #15 (permalink)
Serving Tea for CCM

Send a message via AIM to senghing27

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furion View Post

I agree with ger, you cant market a piece of garbage and have people believe you and buy your stuff. So Eclipse doesn't make garbage, they guns are fine. Well except the bent to **** frames that Eclipse says is for "safety".
Ahh yes... The "crash zone" safety. It's amazing that you can take a "flaw" and make it into a safety feature.

At the end of the day, PE does make one heck of a product and I've always liked shooting their line of equipment.
~My Feedback~
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:11 AM   #16 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27 View Post
Ahh yes... The "crash zone" safety. It's amazing that you can take a "flaw" and make it into a safety feature.

At the end of the day, PE does make one heck of a product and I've always liked shooting their line of equipment.
Yea, I wonder how many people actually believe it is a "safety" feature. Are people unable to read between the lines and realize it was a design error.

But yea, Ego's are good guns, very pricey and not the best. But they are competitive to other markers out there. There are flaws in it like all guns have flaws. I remember someone had a Youtube video of an Ego shooting 40bps, that made me laugh, and if you read the pbnation responses, they were "omg look EGO is the fastest guns," kids are so silly now-a-days.

Gotta love their marketing.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:01 PM   #17 (permalink)

Furion had me up until the part where he said planet eclipse copied guns with wildly different operating procedures to produce the geo and etha.

Also I broke my collarbone on a hard dive once. Core sampled, nothing gave, tank vs. shoulder, tank won. Had I been shooting an eclipse gun at the time, I could have avoided that whole mess.

"Without God and the future life? How will man be after that? It means everything is permitted now."
- Fyodor Dostoevsky

beebs is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Eclipse